Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

The Brett Domino Trio presents... "The Blue Shell Blues" (officially endorsed by Nintendo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T3cAyfIBmw

• Thumbs Up 3

Aw man D: the wait is even more painful now! *waits for update*

Like Blue Blood said, it could be that they are sending out the emails one by one and yours was dispatched earlier with a whole load of them but just hasn't been through the system yet.

I'm patiently awaiting my package, I'm not sure if it's post or courier though, if it's post then it'll be tomorrow as the postman had already come today

I will just say my only disappointment with the retro track roster is still no N64 Wario Stadium or GBA Cheese Land or GBA Ribbon Road.  We only ever get one GBA and one SNES track per game too.  At least they've almost run out of all the boring GBA tracks that don't have unique tropes.  In a few games time they'll be forced to use a quirky one!  ;-;

The good thing is that N64 Wario Stadium is the only N64 track left to be remade. Nintendo will have little excuse to include it on the retro track roster for the next game. tongue.png Same applies for the GBA tracks (though yeah, I do feel GBA Mario Circuit is so far the only retro pick in MK8 I find reaaaaaally boring).

Also, for those craving Bob-omb Battle I remember Bob-ombs being one of the item settings you could choose in VS Race. It's not quite Bob-omb Battle of the old, and I don't know if Battle has the same customization options, but hey, bombs everywhere!

Scrapping arena battles just seems so silly to me. First of all they went and butchered the mode for absolutely no reason in MKW (say what you will about it being for online, there easily could have been different options) didn't fix it in MK7 and now have decided to fix their mistake by replacing it altogether. Battle Races can be fun and I'm sure I'll enjoy them, but it's not gonna be the same.

Just for the sake of interest, the more quirky "test" adverts for MK8 appear to be hitting the UK too - although without the "flippin' fun" tagline (surprise surprise) and with the free game promotion shown off at the end. Here's one for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsuSwxQZkkc

You wouldn't download a car.

Watch me.

Anyway, that's some reassuring news that DLC is supported. I'm hoping for free DLC to add battle arenas and modes for Battle Mode, but honestly even if they charged money I would still pay up because a good battle mode would probably make this game the best Mario Kart ever. 

Like Blue Blood said, it could be that they are sending out the emails one by one and yours was dispatched earlier with a whole load of them but just hasn't been through the system yet.

I sure hope so... still waiting for an e-mail. Bit concerning that it's almost 4 hours since Blue Blood received his and I haven't had any update whatsoever. I can but hope it's on its way and Nintendo are just being slow at updating the dispatch statuses.

I sure hope so... still waiting for an e-mail. Bit concerning that it's almost 4 hours since Blue Blood received his and I haven't had any update whatsoever. I can but hope it's on its way and Nintendo are just being slow at updating the dispatch statuses.

Well, when into to my tracking info on the YODEL site I see this:

Awaiting Collection > With YODEL > At Service Centre > With Courier > Delivered

The bolded part being the current stage, yours is probably there too just without the email having been sent yet. or maybe Nintendo decided that they just didn't think you deserved the game

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if the DLC is just the car body, or if it comes with unique wheels and glider too...?

Not even out yet and more DLC than Sonic Racing for console.

Ahem... SEGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if the DLC is just the car body, or if it comes with unique wheels and glider too...?

I believe one article said it comes with unique wheels too (though presumably they can be swapped or used on other things like anything else), but nothing about a glider.

I wonder whether the car is in the game data for all regions or whether it'll appear as a generic kart to non-JP players when playing online?

5386d6851205ca.jpg

This is amazing.

(Just realized someone already posted this. Oops.)

But yeah, I hope we get more DLC (like Diddy Kong fight me irl jez) in the future.

or maybe Nintendo decided that they just didn't think you deserved the game

Dammit I have MK in my username, what more does Nintendo want from me D:

Still nothing... but seeing as your order is still awaiting collection I suppose I'm not missing much just yet.

An actual car looks so weird in Mario Kart. Damn. Still, this basically confirms DLC. Looking forward to Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool's announcement later. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

First off this is awesome, and the coolest live Mario I've seen for the most part

The Brett Domino Trio presents... "The Blue Shell Blues" (officially endorsed by Nintendo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T3cAyfIBmw

Saturation levels increasing specialy once people get it stuck in their head

Better pic of the DLC:

mkmb.jpg

This is... surreal...

The upside to all this is that Nintendo is willing to do dlc for this game, and can which opens up a ton of possibilities

Also this is no different than their game and toy licensing, they are trying to get themselves out there as much as they can

Dammit I have MK in my username, what more does Nintendo want from me D:

Still nothing... but seeing as your order is still awaiting collection I suppose I'm not missing much just yet.

They think that the MK doesn't stand for mario kart

image41.jpg?w=650&h=364&crop=1#038;h=575

Coming only to Wii U

Honestly, I think its one of the cooler live action Marios we have seen, though on the other hand, he wouldn't look out of place in tekken or mortal Kombat either

And also, at least it doesn't bring in a totally annoying out of place driver like Danica Patrick was in ASRT

And it means MK8 is DLC capable, which means we may be seeing a LOT of good stuf as well

I would love to see these karts(and drybones) back

MKDS_Banisher.PNG

MKDS_Dry_bomber.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

FIX BATTLE MODE FIRST!! LOL

That car is looking good though! Can we get a BMW in there?

Yeah, I didn't get my copy today...guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow like everyone else.

That commercial... OMG... Nintendo, do more cross promotions like these! Damn! Mario getting a real car in Mario Kart as DLC is a bit weird, but its also so funny with the whole cross-promotion thing and... dang...

My number 1 request for DLC would be to bring back very popular retro tracks that have already been covered.  For example, with the online shut down, classics like GCN Yoshi Circuit or N64 Frappe Snowland shouldn't be confined to the now irrelevant Mario Kart DS.

Though I'd take more brand new tracks too, of course.