Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

the launch looks awesome!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/229392-mario-kart-8-launch-event-at-nintendo-world-store-quick-footage

Mario Kart 8 launch event at Nintendo World Store - quick footage
Click Here to View Story

#MarioKart8 #MK8 #WiiU at @Nintendo_World Launch Event! @Nintendoamerica https://t.co/0ai8RaOO2O— StreetPass NYC HQ (@StreetPassNYC) May 30, 2014

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D9249840461083956045023473664_14014093942937378a1c2b0.mp4.mp4?versionId=82RWmK0s8Mgvpi3dPqGPP6OXxZRpZ3s8

#mariokart8 #MK8 line at @nintendo_world @nintendoamerica https://t.co/Af0f3nz7Oi— StreetPass NYC HQ (@StreetPassNYC) May 29, 2014

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D7E656E8A01083929570031423488_1401403072744fe408a36ed.mp4.mp4?versionId=hIC27dg6h8acE_V3Z0VADLQeTdt7vbvX

Can't wait until tomorrow. I will finally get my hands on this beautiful game and create a Grand Prix so insane that it would be illegal in 13 countries.

Just had a text from Yodel regarding my Nintendo Store order:

"Due to a process issue your parcel has been delayed by 24 hours. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

:/

Damn bad news MK, at least you know it's coming.

On a more positive note my copy arrived this morning (which is odd, the post doesn't usually arrive till around lunchtime).

Can't play it till tonight though due to having a small toddler. In the meantime add me on your friend lists and I'll a add you back, just let me know who you are on here!

I just got my copy, but I can't play until tomorrow evening when I get back home. I really like the cover and disc art though.

Just had a text from Yodel regarding my Nintendo Store order:

"Due to a process issue your parcel has been delayed by 24 hours. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

:/

Oh my God, that's absolutely bull! Make sure you get on Nintendo's case right away and hopefully they'll offer you compensation of some degree. I got an email a while ago to say it's out for delivery. It's now just a matter of when.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just got my copy from game and got Wind Waker HD via the promotion. First impressions are quite good - graphics look nice and 60fps makes everything flow smoothly. I'm choosing the Pro Controller (actually it's a third party controller as I'm not paying £40 for one controller) as all the other control options feel loose. I wish there was a option that you could map ZR to accelerate and use A to use items like ASRT.

I'll be able to download the game once I settle in my new apartment tomorrow. I have had my eShop funds saved up for quite a while just for this . . .  I think I'll be getting Pikmin 3 as my free game. No interest in Wii Party U and already have Wind Waker HD, so it was down to Pikmin and Mario. I was thinking I'd have more fun with NSMBU, but the way I see it, that game used is about $20, while Pikmin 3 used is twice as much.

Allocate your funds, baby.

Amazon says my copy will arrive in a few hours, but I want to beat Demon's Souls before I start playing it.

So just to try out the feature since it seems a little different from 7's Communities, I made a tournament.

SSMB Launch Tourney

1732-6394-8508

Basic rules, 150cc, all items, 4 races, no CPU, all control types etc etc.  It'll start at 10pm tonight and run for 2 weeks.  I'll prolly aim to get on at 10pm to play tonight if anyone's up for some races.

• Thumbs Up 4

So just to try out the feature since it seems a little different from 7's Communities, I made a tournament.

SSMB Launch Tourney

1732-6394-8508

Basic rules, 150cc, all items, 4 races, no CPU, all control types etc etc.  It'll start at 10pm tonight and run for 2 weeks.  I'll prolly aim to get on at 10pm to play tonight if anyone's up for some races.

This is 10PM UK time right? 

I'll try to be online, I may have to run off to a crying toddler though!

So it's four races, but it's only one a week right?

This is 10PM UK time right? 

Yeah, soz, should've said.

I'll try to be online, I may have to run off to a crying toddler though!

So it's four races, but it's only one a week right?

I'm not entirely sure, that's why I made it to see how it all works.  XD;  I think it just means it's 4 races per session, so maybe points are given out based on your overall performance across 4 races, not on a race by race basis like regular random online.

Ahh ok, well I'll try and race on more tracks than just the short to I had on the mushroom cup earlier.

Unfortunately I'm short on cash so I won't be able to get this game until next week

10's a little late for me, but if the thing runs all week, I guess I'll just join tomorrow morning...?

Look forward to seeing you all on the track!

Just for posterity, my first MKTV upload:

Waluigi kept overtaking me, but I got the most satisfying form of revenge on not just one, but two laps in a row.  =D

• Thumbs Up 4

So I just finished 6 cups in 50cc.

Here's my impressions so far.

7MTZIYb_zpsbea90bb3.gif

It's so good.  Mind-boggingly so, it's like this game shouldn't be possible, but here it is.

Rosalina is still best racer, but Waluigi certainly knows how to bust some moves when doing his tricks.

• Thumbs Up 9

I've only done 50cc race and a round or two of battle with my sister. Opinions so far?

The Good: Everything not listed below.

The Bad: Race course battles and the tracks feeling really wide and empty as in MKW.

I don't know whether the game is hard at 150cc because the AI is actually very good, or because the AI has a ridiculous amount of luck.

The AI seems to be much harder now at 150cc. They are really kicking my butt.

Unlike Wii, you actually gotta work for first place. This game needs more power up a though. Bring back the Mega mushroom. Hopefully frantic mode gives us more rewarding power ups.

I tried all tracks so far except special cup.

Holy crap this game is so fun I really love the challenge.

I not a fan of the bikes, they feel so awkward when drifting. Love the karts though.