Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I'm sorta waiting to see what Nintendo do about it before forming an opinion one way or another.  If they allow it they allow it and if not they'll patch it, I guess.

I wanted to make a concrete decision on whether I'd politely ask to avoid it or not in the SSMB tourneys but it's hard to say.  I was gonna say "on the basis that it's a technique not listed in the manual, it seems unfair to be able to use it on those who don't know how to do it", but then, hanging behind someone to get a speed boost is not listed in the manual as a thing you can do either so... weh.

Plus we got items to stop them soooo.

Although I'm unfamiliar how good people are on online so I don't have a say.

I realized how hard it is to dodge the blue shell with a mushroom.

The boost exploit is incredibly difficult to pull off online.

By the way guys, on the subject of the SSMB Tourneys, I had planned to start the new mix-up of having randomised rules on Sunday, but I'm actually away this weekend, and since there's no way to share admin privileges over a Tournament with a trusted friend, it'll just be regular rules over the weekend and the odd rules day will start weekend after next.  I also noticed today that it only saves the 5 most recent events on the Tourney Results screen, so I'll post up each week's winners here or something each Friday for prosperity.

You guys should do something like champion of the month or the week. If its possible though.

I'm sorta waiting to see what Nintendo do about it before forming an opinion one way or another.  If they allow it they allow it and if not they'll patch it, I guess.

I wanted to make a concrete decision on whether I'd politely ask to avoid it or not in the SSMB tourneys but it's hard to say.  I was gonna say "on the basis that it's a technique not listed in the manual, it seems unfair to be able to use it on those who don't know how to do it", but then, hanging behind someone to get a speed boost is not listed in the manual as a thing you can do either so... weh.

You sure about that? Drafting was in all the Mario Kart manuals before? Well, since it was implemented in DS.

Edit: Just looked in it. It is surprisingly missing, they must have thought everyone knew about Drafting already. Not so sure about that, though. You should tell people these things, Nintendo.

You sure about that? Drafting was in all the Mario Kart manuals before? Well, since it was implemented in DS.

Edit: Just looked in it. It is surprisingly missing, they must have thought everyone knew about Drafting already. Not so sure about that, though. You should tell people these things, Nintendo.

The manual feels barebones in general.  I had to ask on Miiverse to find out what the + button x/6 icon was in the top left corner at the end of races.  It feels obvious now but originally I thought it was some kind of optional difficulty increasing mechanic related to earning star ratings or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Drafting was first in Mario Kart 64...

Donkey Kong expands both his dong and his victory. 

0:12-0:13 is gonna haunt my dreams for weeks.

The Dong never loses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one made me laugh harder than all the others, including death stare Luigi.

I think Nintendo just saved the Wii U.

Not really but still this is pretty funny

Donkey Kong scares the fuck out of me. 0/10 scarier than Amnesia.

By the way, The Independent said in their article about Death Stare Luigi that the Mercedes Benz DLC might be coming to Europe. I hope so, I want to pimp it with Luigi.

The manual feels barebones in general.  I had to ask on Miiverse to find out what the + button x/6 icon was in the top left corner at the end of races.  It feels obvious now but originally I thought it was some kind of optional difficulty increasing mechanic related to earning star ratings or something.

Oooh, I've been wondering this. What does it do?

It's for favouriting replays, which will then lock themselves so they aren't auto-deleted from the twelve previous replays held.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oooh, I've been wondering this. What does it do?

It saves that race's replay as a favourite for viewing in Mario Kart TV later.  Very useful for online races where you can't view/edit/upload a highlight reel there and then.  MKTV saves the 12 most recent races automatically, but naturally as new races are played, the oldest ones get deleted, this feature saves it separately so it has no danger of being overwritten until you manually delete it from MKTV.

EDIT: Speeded.  Goddamn shitty-ass work computer took 3 minutes for this post to go through.  =B

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aylDlZ-eyw

Well, uh... for some reason FOX decided to report on Luigi's death glare.

Yes, Luigi's death glare got on US television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aylDlZ-eyw

This was mentioned a few pages back.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hoping if we do get DLC, we get a Mii without a helmet.

There is no reason I can think of that Miis should have helmets permanently welded to their heads.

I'm hoping if we do get DLC, we get a Mii without a helmet.

There is no reason I can think of that Miis should have helmets permanently welded to their heads.

Like I said in the status update, I think parent concerns :v

>kids play mario kart

>kids play as themselves/miis based on themselves riding bikes and karts without helmets

>parents freak out and think nintendo are promoting EXTREME HARDCORE SPORTS DEATH

sad but possible.

SSMB Daily Tourney Winners for Week 1:

Fri 30th May
Jimbo

Sat 31st May
JezMM

#3 Sun 1st June
Soniko

Mon 2nd June
JezMM

Tue 3rd June
Felix/JezMM

Wed 4th June
JezMM

Thu 5th June
MickX

Also I've decided I'll prolly take my Wii U with me on my weekend trip since where I'm going will have Wi-Fi, so the random ruleset on Sunday will hopefully happen as originally planned.  If it doesn't... then I didn't have as much internet as I thought I would.  I'm using Random.org to decide said rules.  My flowchart for it is in the spoiler:

MODE
1. 150cc
2. Mirror

TEAMS
1. No Teams
2. Team Game

ITEMS
1. All Items
2. One Type
3. No Items

ALL ITEMS?
 1. All Items
 2. Frantic Mode

ONE TYPE?
 1. Shells Only
 2. Bananas Only
 3. Mushrooms Only
 4. Bob-ombs Only

NO ITEMS?
 1. No Items
 2. No Items or Coins

VEHICLES
1. All Vehicles
2. One Type Only

ONE TYPE ONLY?
 1. Karts Only
 2. Bikes Only

CPU
1. No CPU
2. CPU

CPU?
 1. Easy CPU
 2. Normal CPU
 3. Hard CPU

I've split up some of the choices into multiple questions so, for example, with items there is not only a 1 in 8 chance of having regular rules, and with CPU there is not a 1 in 4 chance of racing without them etc.

As said, it's just for one day, and if you guys end up hating it I'll just leave the rules as is even on Sundays lol.  I'll also acknowledge what the rules were on the Sunday event when I post weekly results.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know how everyone on slow-mo has been saying that the shells are rendered because of a playback glitch you can utilize? Well that is not the only glitch that comes with playbacks.

I found out that sometimes the camera angle can change too.

Pay no heed to Waluigi's booty. He was just there.

Well it DID sort of confirm the suspicion that he was a machine:

oyt2T42.gif

SARAH CONNAH

How's the online for this game anyway?

The online is good, but sometimes there is lag if the hosts internet connection isn't the best.

I'll try and take part in the tourney this afternoon, I feel bad that I forgot to play with you guys! But it's the weekend now, I haven't got schoolwork to focus on, so hopefully I can come online and deliver some swift fearful retribution.

The death stares will be glorious. (Yes I'll be using Weegee)