Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I would assume it affects your kart since the wheels are inked too.

Either way, blooper inks more on screen. Rarely get the one blob on the side. Its mostly two or three blobs. And blooper shows up so much!

So yea, much more affective and now its physically annoying me LOL

But its weird how I would slip off at some turns even when I'm not getting inked. Maybe the vehicles.

It's the teeny little touches like this that make me really love this game. Even stuff like snow and sand collecting on your kart/bike's tyres as you drive along is seriously cool attention to detail.

It's also great how the sand even washes off the tires when drive over water.

I've just finished every Grand Prix with a 3 star rank on every one. Just gotta finish the time trials then get the 10,000 coins now. Think I'm around halfway there. 

I think MK7 was harder to get a 3 star rank on as there were more factors into getting them like coin count and so on whereas in MK8 you only need to come first. 

Also, fire hopping. When will Nintendo make a MK game when no one has a stupid advantage? And before anyone says anything, I have practised fire hopping and can do it, but I choose not to due to principle. It's not as bad as snaking/PRB but still something that should be patched in my opinion.  

Mario Kart 8 retains the #2 spot in the UK Charts in its second week

Pretty good news for Nintendo, and glad to see that the Mario Kart 8 hype train wasn't just a one week wonder in terms of sales - let's hope the momentum keeps on going for weeks to come! Assuming this trend is also true around the globe, Nintendo can feel at least a little bit less worried about the Wii U going into E3 this week, and if they can really drop some megatons to get people even more interested in their console, it may yet have a chance of being salvaged from total doom.

In terms of quantity, it worked out as 15k sold this week. 

Also, only just realised there was a tournament for SSMB lol. Will have to make sure I join the next one. Is it possible to have each new tournament code pinned to a topic for 2 weeks so it's easy to find?

Also, only just realised there was a tournament for SSMB lol. Will have to make sure I join the next one. Is it possible to have each new tournament code pinned to a topic for 2 weeks so it's easy to find?

It's just one code for each tournament.  The daily tourney will play for one hour every day indefinitely, and the weekend tourney is active for 2 days and a half-ish from Friday evening every week.  Once you've added the two tournament codes they will remain there.  Regarding pinning, that's up to the OP or staff, but if you ever need to find the current codes quickly, I have a link in my signature to the post.

I'm just posting the tourney results here week by week since the game only keeps the last 5 days (and only shows the results for the currently selected rules).

It's just one code for each tournament. The daily tourney will play for one hour every day indefinitely, and the weekend tourney is active for 2 days and a half-ish from Friday evening every week. Once you've added the two tournament codes they will remain there. Regarding pinning, that's up to the OP or staff, but if you ever need to find the current codes quickly, I have a link in my signature to the post.

I'm just posting the tourney results here week by week since the game only keeps the last 5 days (and only shows the results for the currently selected rules).

Okay, thanks for the info!

Because of the time difference I probably won't be able to play much but whenever I'm online I'll have a look and see if there's anyone I can play :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to favorite replays in the "recent" section of MKTV mode?

Yep, just push the + button while on the menu while watching them (where you choose Continue/Edit/Quit etc etc) as you would at the end of a race.

Confirmed in the E3 presentation - Mario Kart 8 will support the Amiibo figures at some point in the future. Not yet clear whether this means DLC or just custom skills for pre-existing characters like in Smash Bros.

No other news on any other DLC yet.

Yeah. This Nintendo Minute presentation just announced Mario Party 10 by logo alone with that Amiibo thing.

Cool idea, and with Mario Kart 8 it can only make the game better.

Actually, just had a realisation - assuming any and all Mario Kart 8 DLC comes in the form of Amiibo figures, then we've got quite a wait for it. They made quite sure yesterday to advertise Super Smash Bros. for Wii U as the "first" game to harness the Amiibo tech, and seeing as that game's not out until Christmas time... that means at least a 6 month wait for any new content. Probably looking at next year at the earliest, realistically.

Let's hope we get some actual downloadable DLC, be it for characters or modes, in the meantime.

How else do we think they might use Amiibo for Mario Kart 8 though, if not for extra characters? It'd be weird having figures for the pre-existing racers like in Smash Bros, as having a second character wouldn't actually benefit you... maybe you get Amiibo figures of special items that you can use once per race or something when you touch it to the GamePad?

From what I've heard on the MKB community today, it seems Nintendo fixed the room crashing error with the server maintenance that occurred last night. They did it with a trade-off though: you can no longer spectate the room and wait for a spot if the room is full - the queue spots are gone.

I guess it's a temporary solution until Nintendo finds a real fix (and honestly while it was amusing first few days to watch people race while I wait, nowadays I take the time to do other things, so I don't miss the spectator slots as much). Either way, hooray!

Actually, just had a realisation - assuming any and all Mario Kart 8 DLC comes in the form of Amiibo figures, then we've got quite a wait for it. They made quite sure yesterday to advertise Super Smash Bros. for Wii U as the "first" game to harness the Amiibo tech, and seeing as that game's not out until Christmas time... that means at least a 6 month wait for any new content. Probably looking at next year at the earliest, realistically.

Let's hope we get some actual downloadable DLC, be it for characters or modes, in the meantime.

How else do we think they might use Amiibo for Mario Kart 8 though, if not for extra characters? It'd be weird having figures for the pre-existing racers like in Smash Bros, as having a second character wouldn't actually benefit you... maybe you get Amiibo figures of special items that you can use once per race or something when you touch it to the GamePad?

Honestly, I think we are getting it today or tomorrow through the treehouse, and they just didn't want to clutter the conference with it and keep the hype up 

Honestly, I think we are getting it today or tomorrow through the treehouse, and they just didn't want to clutter the conference with it and keep the hype up 

Possibly. I won't lose hope until E3 is actually properly over, but I don't get the impression they're in any rush to offer any DLC at the moment.

I was chatting last night about how it'd be super cool to get little diorama figures of tracks containing new GPs to play.

We're going to get an Amiibo figure with a Luigi Death Stare and you guys are all to blame 

• Thumbs Up 2

We're going to get an Amiibo figure with a Luigi Death Stare and you guys are all to blame 

Hopefully it comes with an articulated head so Luigi's death stare can follow his rivals around!

Or maybe when you place it on the NFC reader on the GamePad, Luigi turns around and stares at you

• Thumbs Up 2

Hopefully it comes with an articulated head so Luigi's death stare can follow his rivals around!

Or maybe when you place it on the NFC reader on the GamePad, Luigi turns around and stares at you

Like this optical illusion?

"Introducing the Big Bad Luigi Figure! Usable in Super Smash Bros, he has a lot more power than his cowardly doppleganger, and his moveset shows it. Possibly the biggest use of the Big Bad Luigi figure is in Mario Kart 8, where this racer does not smile at all. He has a powered up kart with a massive speed stat and has a signature item - Green Fire. This launches a spread of Green Fireballs across the racetrack, making this item almost impossible to dodge. This character also comes with two new tracks and two remastered retro tracks ready for download as the Big Bad Green Cup."

Just a little description I thought I'd share. PS - Completely made up.

I just want an item that acts like the Blooper except it obscures the screen with Luigi's death stare face

• Thumbs Up 6

good sales related news, it has a better attach rate than MK7

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230560-mario-kart-8-outpacing-sales-of-mario-kart-7-in-us

David Gibson   @gibbogame 
Follow
#nintendo in analyst meeting said in usa sold 450k of MK8 in 3 days versus 250k on MK7

David Gibson   @gibbogame 
Follow
#Nintendo said MK8 attach rate in US was 18% versus 7% for MK7. MK8 boosted WiiU sales 4.1x week over week v. MK7 2.4x

I have been laughing way much harder than I should be. Luigi's death stare has really become an item, it seems.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have been laughing way much harder than I should be. Luigi's death stare has really become an item, it seems.

Oh, that video. Yeah, that vid is awesome.

I wonder if the Amiibo integration will be be instead of DLC for the game. I could see that happening, as Amiibo compatibility was confirmed.

How much will Amiibos cost? Would £7 be a fair guess? I'd gladly pay that just for a Luigi statue.