Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Haters gonna hate, Cranky's fucking awesome. I'm fucking pumped to have him finally get in on the action. Though I wish Lanky and Chunky could get some love, but whatevs, ya can't have it all.

• Thumbs Up 8

Call me a bit crazy, but after seeing Cranky in action in this game, well...

Am I the only one who would like to see Cranky as playable in the next Smash Bros. game seeing that he is able to fight the bad guys well alongside Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong?

I bet one of the DK characters will get announced. Cranky is a cool but they might decide on adding another female to the cast.

I bet one of the DK characters will get announced. Cranky is a cool but they might decide on adding another female to the cast.

That's a possibility there, especially the part of adding another female. Still, seeing how Cranky was in the Tropical Freeze gameplay footage and that he was able to get through those levels, it would be cool to see the original Donkey Kong that Mario had fought long ago join the battle as a Smash Bros. character.

• Thumbs Up 1

K. Rool is literally the most heavily-requested Smash newcomer worldwide, though, and Dixie only has a fraction of that support. Not to mention the roster was decided long before Tropical Freeze was announced, so Sakurai probably wouldn't even have known about Dixie in the first place.

Hey, anybody remember that minigame from the GBA version of DKC3?  I guess this is what the former Donkey Kong was training for!

K. Rool is literally the most heavily-requested Smash newcomer worldwide, though,

How exactly do you know that? I'd like to know.

Hey, anybody remember that minigame from the GBA version of DKC3?  I guess this is what the former Donkey Kong was training for!

I remember that mini game. It seems like Cranky knew he'd be back someday, and he was preparing for that day with that minigame!

You wish.

Searching for Goku in Smash Bros brings up results about Goku in Smash Bros.

Who'd have thought

How exactly do you know that? I'd like to know.

Mostly the fact that he's one of the few characters to have lots of support in both the west and Japan. While Ridley is arguably the most popular newcomer in the West, Metroid isn't that big in Japan and most references to him just refer to his "overseas popularity." I think Palutena and maybe Shulk are more requested than K. Rool in Japan, but over here they're not as heavily requested, despite still being quite popular. If you want an indepth analysis on the Japanese fanbase there's this thread on smashboards http://www.smashboards.com/threads/observations-on-the-japanese-fanbases-desires-for-smash-4-by-chronobound.338160/

Mostly the fact that he's one of the few characters to have lots of support in both the west and Japan. While Ridley is arguably the most popular newcomer in the West, Metroid isn't that big in Japan and most references to him just refer to his "overseas popularity." I think Palutena and maybe Shulk are more requested than K. Rool in Japan, but over here they're not as heavily requested, despite still being quite popular. If you want an indepth analysis on the Japanese fanbase there's this thread on smashboards http://www.smashboards.com/threads/observations-on-the-japanese-fanbases-desires-for-smash-4-by-chronobound.338160/

Interesting stuff there...

But though I may be the one who brought it up in the first place, let us cease talking about Smash Bros here and return to talking about this game. After all, this is a Donkey Kong topic, but not a Smash Bros topic.

Thanks for the info, though.

Oh and moving away from the awesome fact that Cranky' playable, can we talk about how there's a new fucking Bramble level?

Oh and moving away from the awesome fact that Cranky' playable, can we talk about how there's a new fucking Bramble level?

well they do go together, since it was specificly stated the level was catered to Cranky's abilities

Ah, I almost forgot! That bramble looks great to me! I just like how it looks and such. I wonder if they'll add a "Stickerbush Symphony" remix to that level?

David Wise (yeah, bet you forgot that amazing fucker was working on this game huh?) said there wouldn't be any remixes, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an exception or two in the soundtrack.

Cranky Kong being playable only makes me lament the fact that I'll never truly play as him or Diddy or Dixie because DK only in Single Player. God damn it.

• Thumbs Up 1

David Wise (yeah, bet you forgot that amazing fucker was working on this game huh?) said there wouldn't be any remixes, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an exception or two in the soundtrack.

Cranky Kong being playable only makes me lament the fact that I'll never truly play as him or Diddy or Dixie because DK only in Single Player. God damn it.

Well, here is a thought, what if they announce a postgame master mode where you could play as a sidekick, however you cant use DK himself to make it a challenge?

Actualy, lets call that DKC2 Mode XD

New renders!

cranky_kong_tropical_freeze-656x531_zpsb

donkey-diddy-dixie-cranky_zps53a1ddcb.pn

The family that fights together, delights together!

Is it me or do those renders make DK and the others look like their wearing fur suits instead of it being their actual fur.

Is it me or do those renders make DK and the others look like their wearing fur suits instead of it being their actual fur.

Especially Donkey Kong its like he is wearing a sweater or something

Well, the first song we heard was a jungle Hijinx remix.

Jungle Hi-Jinx is probably a special exception since it's for all intents and purposes the series' theme song. 

Those renders look like plush toys. I like it.

http://nintendoeverything.com/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-details-3/

- Snowmads are made up of penguins, owls, rabbits, sea lions, and walruses

- Diddy Kong’s cartwheel attack useful for close attacks

- Use Kong Pow with Diddy to turn all enemies on the screen into extra balloons

- As previously mentioned, Dixie’s Kong Pow turns onscreen enemies into gold hearts

- Dixie’s ponytail is like a propeller underwater for extra speed

- Enemies will get tougher as you progress

- Tucks (penguin-like enemies) start out with Donkey Kong being able to take them out by jumping on their heads or rolling into them

- Later, they’ll have spears and helmets at their disposal, so you can only attack them from behind

- Tucks will then come with double-sided spears and spiked helmets, so they must be stunned first before you can attack

- 6 islands

- 6-7 levels per island

- Boss stage and a bonus level as well

- Bonus level unlocks after collecting all KONG letters in each level

- World 1: Lost Mangroves (rainforest, vine grabbing, zip-lining)

- World 2: Autumn Heights (Bavarian-like mountain, mine carts, hot-air balloons, giant owls, jagged cliff faces)

- World 3: Bright Savannah (tall grass, orange/brown colors, like an African safari, dodge brush fire and penguins with spears)

- World 4: Sea Breeze Cove (blue harbors, sandy inlets, lots of swimming, dodge electric seaweed and manage air supply)

- World 5: Juicy Jungle (tropical forest that produces a rare fruit, home to an elaborate processing plant, jump off jellies to reach new heights)

- World 6: DK Island (Donkey Kong’s tree house has been frosted over, has homages to levels from Donkey Kong Country Returns)

- Will always control Donkey Kong in single-player

- Side characters add to Donkey Kong’s abilities

- Subtle differences between the side characters

- Can switch between side characters by breaking barrels in the levels

- Icons on the barrels rotate slowly so that you can pick your partner

- Offers challenging gameplay

• Thumbs Up 8