Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

One of the best 2D platformers of all time gets a sequel, and people are mad about it?

okay

• Thumbs Up 5

I was wondering what Retro was working on, but they've been so hush-hush for so long after DKCR that I didn't think we'd be getting a sequel. Glad to see they listened to the fans by bringing back swimming...and Dixie! Since the first game borrowed heavily from the original, I really hope this one borrows heavily from the infinitely superior DKC2.

And dose screenshots...

9016422671_9712b08e79_o.jpg

I was wondering what Retro was working on, but they've been so hush-hush for so long after DKCR that I didn't think we'd be getting a sequel. Glad to see they listened to the fans by bringing back swimming...and Dixie! Since the first game borrowed heavily from the original, I really hope this one borrows heavily from the infinitely superior DKC2.

And dose screenshots...

I fucking want this inside me.

And dose screenshots...

Does that mean the third game will have Kiddy Kong, and be underwhelming.

God yes. GOD YES. It wouldn't have been right to just make one new DKC and then bugger off. This is glorious, and I can't wait to play it.

DK has an air meter now, air time, air bubbles, and normal drowning skills? All in a 2D game?!?! This isn't Sonic!!!

Came here to post about David Wise, but I'm apparently late...BUT Jesus fucking Christ I cannot contain myself! I actively listen to DKC1 and 2 soundtracks in my fucking car all the time! Stickerbrush Symphony! Hot-Head Bop! Some of the greatest tunes in classic gaming! YESH!!!

David Wise is returning?! Oh my God! That's awesome!

Oxygen meter on the other hand isn't. I loved DK's water levels, because I didn't have to worry about air.

Donkey Kong being Retro's game has pissed me off something awful. It isn't needed, we just had a DK game, but F-Zero, Metroid, Wave Race and others haven't had new games in years.

Both Metroid and DK had their last games in 2010.

• Thumbs Up 1

David Wise Donkey Kong Country.

Yeah, okay fuck everything else.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze = Game of the Show

The original is one of my favorite platformers, but I can't help but feel disappointed Retro isn't working on F-Zero or Star Fox. Did anyone even ask for a new DKCR?

The original is one of my favorite platformers, but I can't help but feel disappointed Retro isn't working on F-Zero or Star Fox. Did anyone even ask for a new DKCR?

I would've asked if I expected the answer might be yes.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I came here to post the David Wise news. This is amazing, I can see it becoming my favourite game ever.

Also, I actually like these vikings better than the Kremlings or the Tiki Tak Tribe!

I for one am glad Retro isn't working on F-Zero or Star Fox. I don't care about F-Zero and I'd rather see a different team on Star Fox. I wanted Metroid, though. DK is good, though.

Im glad David Wise will be back to compose some kickass original tunes, DCKR was way to reliant on remixes of old tunes with not enough original stand out tracks to call its own.

• Thumbs Up 1

I assume they wouldn't bring back THE David Wise if they were just going to have him recycle the same music from DKC.

You know what that means, right?

New. David. Wise. Donkey. Kong. Country. Music.

I just...it's beautiful.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like a Metroid Wii U game was considered by Retro, but they decided on DK instead as they felt they had "unfinished business" with the series:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/50737/retro-it-was-hard-to-choose-between-metroid-and-donkey-kong/

Translation: "We asked to do Metroid, and Nintendo politely pointed out that DKCR sold more than copies than the Primes combined, so yeah. Also that Other M thing kinda ruined it for the rest of us."