Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Good, I hate paying 60 bucks for games....

I mean I gladly would for this one but not having to is all the better.

Now release a good pic of that boxart, Ninty! It's looking awesome from what I can see, let me see the whole thing!

Edited by Chili Dawg

How about some breezy, freezy full box art goodness?

ibnEI2J2I2DCXF_zpsb9a2c25d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Like I said in the Wii U thread. So no signs of any animal buddies on the box art or fourth character either. I know that they will be in game but it was nice to see rambi on the box art of DKCR.

Donkey Kong's creepy face is the best. Also, tad disappointed that it's coming in December now instead. Guess I'll grab 3D World and wait and see if I get this for Xmas.

Donkey Kong's creepy face is the best. Also, tad disappointed that it's coming in December now instead. Guess I'll grab 3D World and wait and see if I get this for Xmas.

With the 3 World games (Zelda, Mario, Sonic), Pokémon and Wind Waker and more depending on tastes all coming between now and November... yeah, DKCTR coming in December is fine by me.

Edited by Blue Blood

With the 3 World games (Zelda, Mario, Sonic), Pokémon and Wind Waker and more depending on tastes all coming between now and November... yeah, DKCTR coming in December is fine by me.

It took me 3 seconds to process this in my head, yeah your right.

Man the more I hear about this game the more excited I am for it. I love DKCR and I'm glad it's getting a sequel also David Wise is back so that's a major plus

It took me 3 seconds to process this in my head, yeah your right.

:P It's not a good season for title variety.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

ah, so much nostaglia to playing the original DKC.... I may have to pick this one up

THANK YOU, NINTENDO. This was EXACTLY the little extra taste that I needed to up my patience. No matter WHEN it comes out, it'll be worth it. OH IT'LL BE WORTH IT.

Also, new impressions! Dixie uses a bubble gum gun! That's freaking adorable.

• Thumbs Up 1

gf2c.png

No, Donkey Kong. My soul is not edible.

WAM93OI.jpg

But seriously, why doesn't Mario 3d World have it's proper box art?

This is just a silly question: was theyre ever a reason why they didnt use the kremlings? Im liking the new villains but im curious

I remember Miyamoto requesting not to use them in DKCR. Maybe he doesn't like them.

I would say he wants something fress and new, if they had brought back the kremlings first time around, people would have said it felt a lot more like a rehash

I thought they said they didn't bring them back because they wanted to make a DKC game without them.

Though I do miss the Kremlings and King K. Rool.

Edit: We still haven't heard anything more about that 4th Kong huh? Unless it's a new character I can't see it being anyone other than Funky, Chunky, or Kiddie. Though they're probably saving the latter for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3.

Edited by Nintendoga

I played the first Returns not long ago, for the first time.  While it was indeed fun, the Cave World utterly drained my enthusiasm for the entire thing.  So after I beat the boss and unlocked the Forest World, I was done and took it back to the video rental place.

So, fun platformer; a little same-y, though, and overused gimmicks are too frustrating.  I may get this one once it gets a price drop or something.  Likely just giving it another rent.

Edited by Master of Disguise Wario