Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

The cave world in returns is really a surprise. I thought it was interesting that the majority of the world was either a rocket barrel level or a mine cart level.

And I think its no secret that Miyamoto doesn't like the Kremlings at all

I would say he wants something fress and new, if they had brought back the kremlings first time around, people would have said it felt a lot more like a rehash

If that was the reasoning then why after all these years do we still have Bowser in all Mario games and Miyamoto still doesn't consider him a rehash. That goes back to my point that he didn't like the kremlings one bit.

If that was the reasoning then why after all these years do we still have Bowser in all Mario games and Miyamoto still doesn't consider him a rehash. That goes back to my point that he didn't like the kremlings one bit.

1. Bowser (and the rest of the Mario series) is Miyamoto's baby.

2. Bowser is a well-established character and not a vaguely-defined race of crocodiles (alligators?) with little-to-no character development.

3. He's Bowser.  The King of Fucking Awesome.

Edited by Master of Disguise Wario
  • Thumbs Up 3

For the final character, there's a few possibilities, but I think I can safely say that Funky is NOT one of them.

Funky would be a good choice... only if they were using the same tag team system from Donkey Kong Country. In this one, though, they're not really tag-teaming, the secondary character normally rides on DK's back the whole time. Funky is way too big to be able to do that, plus it'd seem kinda awkard to even suggest it.

The other options are limited, then. Overall, I think the BEST and most original option would be...

Lanky Kong.

Any secondary character is pretty much going to have a flight ability to give Donkey a second jump. Lanky is fairly large, but he's still small enough that he could be partnered with DK. His long arms would be useful in combat and of course he can use them to hover a short ways. Plus he also has his own gun, the Grape Pipe.

Next to Lanky Kong, I'd say that the second mostlikely choice would be Tiny. It'd make it an even two females and two males, and Tiny has a hair spinning ability as well. Plus she's got her Feather Crossbow for firing.

In both cases, neither really have something that could be used as a pounding ability like Dixie has. Diddy I believe has something other than a pounding ability, so these guys could have something else that neither Dixie nor Diddy have. Tiny's hair isn't long enough to act as a pounding ability and Lanky's arms are too, well, lanky.

The final choice of course is Kiddy Kong, but honestly, I don't think they'll pick him. They might not even choose the above two, and out of the most logical choices, I think these three are it... despite this I do not think they'll pick Kiddy Kong at all, he just seems to be the third most logical choice. Kiddy doesn't really have much going for him overall. He certainly doesn't have any sort of flight ability either so unless they change that mechanic in the next game (if there is one), its highly unlikely Kiddy will be playable in this DK series.

On another note, I just caught the fact that they gave Dixie a gun. I noticed that kind, but at the same time I kept wondering why she didn't have her Feather Shooter. Naturally I immediately caught my mistake and slapped myself. So its cool that they came up with a new idea for Dixie to have a gun since she never had one before.

Anyway, just my assessment. I'm thinking right now that Lanky is the best choice, but the mostlikely choice they'd probably pick is Tiny. We'll see though. For an interesting twist I'd love to see them make Candy Kong playable, I just can't ever imagine it happening. Ironic, considering she's basically the last main character left to receive a playable role (unless you count minor recurring characters like Swanky, but he isn't likely to return ever again; Candy Kong was at least a main NPC character for a long time).

Oh great, the rocket barrels are back.<_<     0/10, will not buy.
What's wong with you? Those were like the best levels! That music, that having to be careful, that crashing by barely brushing by an object and having to start over at the last checkpoint! Yeah, they were frustratingly hard and wanted to make you snap your Wii remote clean in two and chuck it out the window, but it felt SO GOOD when you finally conquered it. You'd be on top of the world!
  • Thumbs Up 2

What's wong with you? Those were like the best levels! That music, that having to be careful, that crashing by barely brushing by an object and having to start over at the last checkpoint! Yeah, they were frustratingly hard and wanted to make you snap your Wii remote clean in two and chuck it out the window, but it felt SO GOOD when you finally conquered it. You'd be on top of the world!

There's a point where it stops being satisfying and it becomes "FUCK, finally I passed this bullshit level".

• Thumbs Up 5

^ Agreed. The rocket barrel levels were downright aggravating. HOWEVER... this game is much, much better with it. No more of the "one-hit KO" BS on the rocket barrels, we've actually got two hits before we're down. It may not seem like much, but its a huge, huge step up from one mistake and you lose all your progress (...since the last checkpoint, unless you run out of lives of course).

Some of the rocket barrels were quite fun, but others.... holy hell. Just adding an extra heart alone is a huge improvement, so hopefully they're not too bad this time.

I will shit myself if the 4th Kong turns out to be a refurbished version of the Redneck Kong from the unreleased Donkey Kong Racing demo. That would be hilarious.

Most likely candidate will be either Kiddy or Cranky due to the former being a playable candidate in the classic Country games and the latter being an important character.

Man, if Cranky was playable his special should be nagging you throughout the stage ala Resetti.

If Cranky was ever playable, I might shit my pants.

But yea, this game is looking AAAWWWESOME. Its probably the only reason I regret not having a Wii-U.

Looks really fun. Graphics could be better. Music was fantastic. To bad the game was delayed to February, would've been really nice playing this on Christmas.

Man, I wish Retro would make Diddy and Dixie more than glorified power-ups. I want to play as them alone in single player. I've said it before, but Dixie is my favorite, really I like both more than Donkey Kong. I'm worried that instead of choosing your partner at the beginning of the game, they'll will just place whatever character you'll need when you need them. Hopefully I'm wrong. Gun is also kinda dumb.

Also, why in the world is Dixie picking things up with her hands?

1. Bowser (and the rest of the Mario series) is Miyamoto's baby.

2. Bowser is a well-established character and not a vaguely-defined race of crocodiles (alligators?) with little-to-no character development.

3. He's Bowser.  The King of Fucking Awesome.

Character development? Really?

I'm going to assume he means is that K.Rool really hasn't established a character like Bowser has since Paper Mario and onward.

• Thumbs Up 2

Plot twist: the K. in K.. Rool actually stands for Kong, thus making K. Rool the fourth playable character and marking the triumphant return of the Kremlings to the Donkey Kong Country franchise

Right, guys?

Right?

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Here is a better plot twist. K. Rool is a Monkey in disguise.

Plot twist: the K. in K.. Rool actually stands for Kong, thus making K. Rool the fourth playable character and marking the triumphant return of the Kremlings to the Donkey Kong Country franchise

Right, guys?

Right?

im going to take a wild guess and say that the 4th kong is a new character

I don't care about rocket levels. I don't even care that they exist, just don't make an entire fucking world based around them (and minecarts) I'd rather have a world based around swimming given the option.

Pffft, don't kid yourself guys.

We ALL know who the last character is going to be. I mean, it's so obvious, what with the game being called Tropical Freeze, right?

315px-Eddie.jpg

There is only room for Eddie the Mean Old Yeti.

You mentioned that of which shall not be named

You brought this upon yourself

Rocket evels were fun the first few times. But they became frustrating in later levels when the novelty wore off and the levels dragged on too long. Not to mention the awful controls for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoever it is doesn't really bother me, since single player will still be DK only with any second character assuming the role of glorified power-up.

Also plz be Kiddy Kong