Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Whoever it is doesn't really bother me, since single player will still be DK only with any second character assuming the role of glorified power-up.

Also plz be Kiddy Kong

Wasn't Kiddie Kong just Donkey Kong with all of the new actions introduced in DKC 2 & 3?

Edited by Mr. 0

You mentioned that of which shall not be named

You brought this upon yourself

Rocket evels were fun the first few times. But they became frustrating in later levels when the novelty wore off and the levels dragged on too long. Not to mention the awful controls for it.

HA! Joke's on you, that show is a guilty pleasure of mine!

Rocket evels were fun the first few times. But they became frustrating in later levels when the novelty wore off and the levels dragged on too long. Not to mention the awful controls for it.

How were the controls awful?

They were designed to constantly keep you on your toes, which they did.

How were the controls awful?

They were designed to constantly keep you on your toes, which they did.

You absolutely should not need to change the controls of the game to attribute to a couple of levels just to make them more challenging.

The originals didn't have you constantly mashing the buttons to move the minecarts forward, yet they still kept us on our toes with it's good level design.

Most of my deaths in the rocket levels came from not being able to control the damn thing, especially in those levels where you had to try and keep it horizontally straight.

And yeah, they were awful controls.

Why is DK a robot with a toaster head in that video. Why is he a robot.

Why not?

Edited by Nintendoga

• 1 month later...

Why would I not care about the Wii-U's best 2d platformer? 

Anyway, gameplay looks great, as expected. Kong Pound or whatever it's called kinds looks gimmicky and unnecessary though, doesn't seem like it'll drag the game down whatsoever however. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Kong Pound or whatever it's called kinds looks gimmicky and unnecessary though, 

How is that a gimmick? it's been DK's signature move since the original DKC

Please let his abilty be "Complain everyone to death

What if whenever you die, when you respawn, Cranky whacks you on the head with his cane

• Thumbs Up 1

Playable Cranky? Day one purchase.

Cranky's always been my favorite DK character, and I will be absolutely tickled pink if I finally get to play as him in a main series platformer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cranky's always been my favorite DK character, and I will be absolutely tickled pink if I finally get to play as him in a main series platformer.

I reckon Funky would make a day one purchase for me.

Playable Cranky Kong is really cool! He's pretty much the Kong I least excpected to be the 4th character, I was expecting Kiddy or Funky. I wonder if he'll be like Diddy and Dixie, or if he'll be like DK...

... Well, now.

To be honest, I was expecting Funky to be made playable before Cranky. Still, it's nice to be able to play as the OG Donkey Kong again, though I do wonder what special ability he would bring to the table.

In other news, Amazon might have leaked a fourth secret character. 

If true, it's Cranky Kong.

Although the leak being on the boxart is weird.

Oh hell yeah. I've always wanted to play as Cranky! I wonder if he'll ride on DKs back or if he'll replace DK when you pick him

Playable Cranky Kong is really cool! He's pretty much the Kong I least excpected to be the 4th character, I was expecting Kiddy or Funky. I wonder if he'll be like Diddy and Dixie, or if he'll be like DK...

... Well, now.

To be honest, I was expecting Funky to be made playable before Cranky. Still, it's nice to be able to play as the OG Donkey Kong again, though I do wonder what special ability he would bring to the table.

Well thats awesome

I would think that he would be a DK replacement, sinc he was the original DK, however he would be slower, however he would also be a lot lighter, which could add a whole new dynamic to combo moves

Look at what you've done Retro, look at it long and hard and tell me you're not possessed. Now I have to risk shitting myself if I play this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

>Not Chunky

BUT STILL FUCKING AWESOME

Anyone but Chunky or Lanky. Eewwww. Kandy would be cool in the future. Cranky is top tier though.

II would have thought the super secret fourth character would be a super secret fourth character, not advertised on the front of the box,but that's still really great if it's true

• Thumbs Up 1

II would have thought the super secret fourth character would be a super secret fourth character, not advertised on the front of the box,but that's still really great if it's true

it strikes me that he is a bonus part of the story, and there might be another hidden one you unlock later on with even more difficult parameters