Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Or maybe this was the reason of the delay, they could bring in 4 player co-op.

That would be AWESOME, throw in a couple of battle areas, and a fifth hidden character that would be AWESOME

If he IS the fourth playable, then YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Time for the old codger to finally put his money where his mouth is and SHOW us how good he is at these games! Also very cool to have him on the box art for once. Can't wait to find out more about his gameplay style and abilities. Wouldn't it be hilarious if he didn't actually give DK any special abilities or Kong POW perks when piggybacked on him and essentially acted as a hard mode because he refuses to take the easy way out? XD

Man, my hype levels for this are SKYROCKETING! This is easily one of my most anticipated games for next year and I can't freaking WAIT to finally play it! biggrin.png

There could still be a chance that Cranky might not be the 4th playable character and Funky ends up being there but Cranky might be heavily influenced in the game. If he is though, wouldn't mind playing him just to see what he is like and strangely like him.

Oh and will Cranky act like he was in the Rare games or the Paon games (King of Swing and Jungle Climber) where he was pretty tame and not Cranky at all? Since I have yet to play Returns but will be soon enough, not sure whether Cranky was in that one though.

Anyway looking forward to this game even if it doesn't seem very hyped. At least it will be a quality platformer, hopefully.

There could still be a chance that Cranky might not be the 4th playable character and Funky ends up being there but Cranky might be heavily influenced in the game. If he is though, wouldn't mind playing him just to see what he is like and strangely like him.

Oh and will Cranky act like he was in the Rare games or the Paon games (King of Swing and Jungle Climber) where he was pretty tame and not Cranky at all? Since I have yet to play Returns but will be soon enough, not sure whether Cranky was in that one though.

Anyway looking forward to this game even if it doesn't seem very hyped. At least it will be a quality platformer, hopefully.

Yes Cranky was in returns and he was nicer in that game than in the original trilogy

I'm only dissapointed because I already knew. :P Confounded leaks, and confound me for being so weak. XD

Ah well, it's fun that we're getting Cranky officially revealed. And it seems like he'll be Scrooge Mcducking it up in this houwz!

Ah well, it's fun that we're getting Cranky officially revealed. And it seems like he'll be Scrooge Mcducking it up in this houwz!

No kidding! Here is Cranky McApe, complete with a bouncing cane!

Haha! That's golden right there! Nicely done, to you or whoever made that picture.

I'd love to take credit for this, but I found it on Gaf.

Holy crap since the day this game was announced its been getting an unfair amount of hate. Yeah I know it's surreal seeing that this game was what retro kept a secret for 2 years and we all want another metroid game after other m and the fact Nintendo ignored the series 25th anniversary(and you thought mega man had it rough?) but c'mon guys retro choose to make this game and from the looks of it the game looks pretty cool I mean c'mon cranky is playable after all these years he isn't sitting on his chair and bashing you he's finally putting his money where his mouth is plus he plays like Scrooge Mcduck it would be funny seeing a moon level. As for his announcement at the VGA's yeah it's lack luster not because its was spoiled thanks to amazon but because we wanted to see something new. On the bright side atleast we got something that wasn't a shooter and the same old stuff etc. but hey that's what Nintendo directs are for right? I'm sorry if I'm coming off ranting I'm just sick and tired of the hate this game is getting

Holy crap since the day this game was announced its been getting an unfair amount of hate. Yeah I know it's surreal seeing that this game was what retro kept a secret for 2 years and we all want another metroid game after other m and the fact Nintendo ignored the series 25th anniversary(and you thought mega man had it rough?) but c'mon guys retro choose to make this game and from the looks of it the game looks pretty cool I mean c'mon cranky is playable after all these years he isn't sitting on his chair and bashing you he's finally putting his money where his mouth is plus he plays like Scrooge Mcduck it would be funny seeing a moon level. As for his announcement at the VGA's yeah it's lack luster not because its was spoiled thanks to amazon but because we wanted to see something new. On the bright side atleast we got something that wasn't a shooter and the same old stuff etc. but hey that's what Nintendo directs are for right? I'm sorry if I'm coming off ranting I'm just sick and tired of the hate this game is getting

I don't think its so much that its getting hate and that cranky isn't a cool announcement, its mostly just due to the fact that it could've been revealed at a better time than at a big event like VGX.

I don't think its so much that its getting hate and that cranky isn't a cool announcement, its mostly just due to the fact that it could've been revealed at a better time than at a big event like VGX.

I'm also talking about when it was announced at E3 and a lot of people were complaining

So where's the gameplay trailer at for this supposedly majestic and amazing announcement that is GOTY material?

Guys, I was just joking about Cranky being playable a couple of pages back. You didn't have to take it so seriously and add him in as an awesome choice that I will biasedly play as most of the time.

Call me a bit crazy, but after seeing Cranky in action in this game, well...

Am I the only one who would like to see Cranky as playable in the next Smash Bros. game seeing that he is able to fight the bad guys well alongside Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong?

• Thumbs Up 1