Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

...what? 

My mistake, I meant to say "Shantae", not Shauna. I'm honestly not very familiar with the character. But yeah, she was the top voted character for the Smash ballot. Can't really remember where I read it, it was a couple months ago.

Scratch that, I think this was where I read it. Unsure if it's official or not, but seemed good to me.

Edited by PeridotShades
Found the source!

She was the top voted character in a Reddit poll (which happened a few months back, so I assume this is what you've read), which means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Okay, yeah, the Reddit Poll. The biggest issue with that, besides being mostly (entirely?) being voted on by the Western audience and thus excluding basically all of the japanese audience, is the fact that it only had about 2000 votes. In a Franchise like Smash that has millions of fans, 2000 votes (and 200 voting for Shantae) barely means anything.

Edited by Thigolf

Oh wait, it was just a Reddit poll? That's what I get for speed reading through it all, my mistake guys. :c

Anyways, I was playing Smash U earlier this morning. I'm kinda annoyed about the Orbital Gate stage being so challenging to fight on. I was doing a simple 1 on 1 match against Shiek while fighting as Fox. While I done very well, Shiek still ended up winning only due to the fact that some of the stage's hazards kept being the end of me. I love the stage, but it's more eye candy for me than something I'd like to fight on, unless I have Final Destination mode on, but that's kind of boring.

There's absolutely no evidence Shantae was the number 1 pick from the Smash ballot. And its extremely unlikely, given the fact that she has no Japanese backing.

Shantae is actually getting a small japanese fan-base, WayFoward and Matt Bozon have retweeted some japanese Shantae fan-arts. But when you see that Famitsu have given Pirate's Curse a score lower than Sonic 06, that's not gonna help her popularity in japan.

Alright, let's clear this up, since I've seen it brought up in a couple of places:

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: 8/8/7/9 (32/40).
Sonic '06: 30/40 (X360) / 29/40 (PS3).

Shantae did not get a worse score from Famitsu than '06.

That's a relief, I heard about this situation because Nintendaan retweeted a tweet made by someone who claims that Famitsu give Shantae a lower score than Sonic 'O6. 

Hm... Sakurai hasn't tweeted anything about the Direct. I'm starting to wonder if we'll get anything Smash at all.

i feel strange. I had a boner with the smash reveal. then i saw clod and it went away. I never played Final Fantasy so I dont know the character. But I guess I'm ok with it.

Also, there's supposed to be a SSB Video in December.

Wonder what that's going to be about?

I'll give you three guesses.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cloud...

Never played Final Fantasy, but I was very surprised to see him. He looks fun, so does that stage!

THIS IS HONESTLY THE BEST THIRD PARTY REVEAL BESIDES SHADOW AND SORA FOR ME

I JUST

WOW

And I can't WAIT to see the special broadcast next month HHHHHHHH

• Thumbs Up 4

I never really cared for the FF franchise, never played one - so I when I saw Cloud announced, I had two feelings.

One was "Oh look, that guy from Final Fantasy..", and yet I still can't help but somewhat be pretty okay with him being in Smash, not exactly sure why - perhaps it's the feeling
of surprise, since of all the character to be in Smash..It happened to be that guy that only existed in far off fantasies of a certain circle of fans.

I guess it's pretty cool. Another stage too, which looks good.

Edited by Alex2Beta

I wanted to be surprised.

...I was surprised. This shakes things up a lot. Still really excited. 

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 3