Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Geez, did the patches nerf Bowser that badly? I remember him being really popular when the game first came out. o_o

Same thing happened with Bowser in Brawl. People were inexperienced with the brand new Smash game and thought Bowser was good due to him wrecking people who didn't really know how to play the game at the time thanks to him getting speed and power buffs. He's pretty much plummeted like a rock in tournament results and overall popularity since then.

Dunno guys.

I think Bowser is too OP for the tier list.

His specialty is smashing and what is this game called again? ;D

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you both very much for your input! c:

As great as the praise I've heard about Smash Run, I've also heard people say it was the worst part of the game? But it doesn't make sense as to why that would be said if it's similar to Subspace Emissary? It really is that run though?

I haven't ever actually taken a look at the prices for DLC, hopefully they're pretty inexpensive!

Haha, that's very good to hear. I've received a few cheap shot one liners from time to time while playing online.

But how does the online play? I get horrible lag when I play online with the Wii U, but then again, it could be from my internet? 

Sorry, I had other stuff to do yesterday, and got distracted. If you'd like a bit more elaboration on things, happy to oblige.

I honestly think the Smash Run mode on 3DS while nothing too spectacular, is a nice time-killer because you can beat up familiar enemies from various Nintendo franchises, and the post-timer matches are a amusing concept, sort of like a alternate version of Special Smash, it's a nice thing to try out with local friends sometime who are skilled at Smash, but generally speaking I think the normal local multiplayer still is the best.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the free Duck Hunt stage DLC for the 3DS version, that's a nice bonus if you ask me.

As for online play, it's honestly nothing too different from the Wii U version, though I have rare lagspikes as well, but I'm a net-player in that I mean I adjust to slight input delay, unless my moves come out wrong completely, then I got a issue with it. Does your matches lag regularly to a bad lag extend that you see the Smash loading icon appear frequently in the lower right portion of the screen?

Oh yeah, I also forgot that while the 3DS version lacks a good amount of songs compared to the Wii U version (due to hardware limitations, no doubt), it has a decent amount of both old songs and new remixes to listen to in-game. And the 2-songs per stage-only mechanic in this (No My Music in this one, sorry) is a nice callback to how Melee handled it.

Controls are also pretty well-designed for a 3DS title. It's easy to adjust to L and R being the grab and shield button respectively, and in case you don't like the layout, you can adjust it to your heart's content in the configuration option, though it isn't possible to play Smash with like old-school fighter control-movements on the D-pad with  double-tap to run, sadly, but eh, I can live with it.

And of course it's nice to have the full roster playable as well.

Hope this gave a more in-depth look at things for you, Peridot.

Edit: On topic of the brief Bowser-discussion: Yeah it seems the same way as in Brawl with people picking Bowser and basically pub-stomping online on the first few days since they want to experiment around and assume the heavyweight characters are buffed, and while Bowser to some degree has been buffed for the better with a few new moves and better running speed, he's still a huge target that's usually easy to string combo's in with, and to not even begin with people who spam the Down B from the air for predictable kills.

However, many people online usually forget to utilize his tilts and specials to his advantage. His ftilt and dtilt come out relatively fast and deal good knockback, and especially the dtilt is a good option if people try to shield it expecting a single jab and then lower it to try and grab you. His utilt is good if the opponent likes to come real close with shorthops. His B Fire breath is good at edge recovery pressure, and is viable in keeping your opponents at a distance if you approach from the air and the opponent's at the edge. His Up B used on the ground is a good Out of Shield option to counter grab-happy folks, and his Down B on the ground is a good mixup option up close to get them up with either the horns to kill them at higher %'s, or if they lack fast enough reaction time to roll away or sidestep, you shatter their shields. People are too used to Down B's from the air, like how they see it coming with Kirby's as well.

And speaking of his aerials, he has his fair which has good range and comes out relatively quickly which comes in handy in shorthop wars or to gimp opponents further from the ledge, his uair while it isn't as damaging as his Brawl version, comes out quickly and is good to mindgame people with if you can trick them into airdodging too soon. And of course his wrestler-like dropkick bair which comes out insanely fast and has great knockback and damage, but it has poor range.

Bowser has great options, but very little FG players actually capitalize to use his B moves optimally to keep opponents on their toes. His spot on the tier list isn't surprising, but he's more lethal than some people give him credit for.

Edited by RustyRick
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hey, HEY, image-only post

Damn, the last one? Holy shit man, the DLC's been pretty fun for this game, but I hope all the stops are pulled out for this one.

Hey, HEY, image-only post

Damn, the last one? Holy shit man, the DLC's been pretty fun for this game, but I hope all the stops are pulled out for this one.

Final DEDICATED direct, not final thing period persay, but last major announcement for sure

Also I was right about it being announced today at least! Go K.Rool!

• Thumbs Up 3

15th? I was thinking the 16th, so I was close.

Man, Smash on the 15th and Star Wars on the 17th. Good week.

Final DEDICATED direct, not final thing period persay, but last major announcement for sure

Likely the last bits of DLC will be announced though. Sakurai already said they can't keep the team together forever.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also I was right about it being announced today at least! Go K.Rool!

So, the last thing worth a damn, DLC wise. Because mii costumes I give no fucks about.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say a Wolf Announcement/release could be saved for the Star Fox Zero release direct, but that was my main thought

Oh man the hype is real for this final Smash presentation

Clearly we'll be getting Cloud and his stage releasing straight after it finishes, but what else? Who will emerge victorious from the Smash Ballot?

Still faintly hoping for Paper Mario... he's canonically confirmed as a separate character now thanks to Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, they've got no excuse not to include him! apart from all the other cool characters who also deserve a spot

Whatever happens, it's going to be an interesting watch, that's for sure! Let's just hope we're crying tears of joy and not disappointment by the time it ends...

Sorry about that quote. I'm on my phone and it wouldn't go away.

So this happens to premier when I have an appointment to go to. Oh well. I just catch it later

So, the last thing worth a damn, DLC wise. Because mii costumes I give no fucks about.

They won't release more Mii costumes unless they have more characters planned for later. Which is possible, but they'll likely reveal all of the characters being worked on now and may not release them all, but by the anniversary of the ballot announced I'm sure everything will be revealed.

The issue is the end of the ballot itself. If they make anything from the end of that, they won't be done until approximately the first anniversary of the ballot itself ending.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't buy it, it's so easy to make a leak like this.

Heck, I made this in two minutes:

kFRSkhI.png

By the way, please spoiler tag any leaks you find, some of us want to be surprised.

• Thumbs Up 1

On Tuesday, we will finally feel the beautiful, unifying feeling of simultaneous breaking hearts of K. Rool fans. 

It is the festive season after all

• Thumbs Up 9

All of you making fun of K. Rool fans are the ones gonna be salty, when they announce

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG

Okay I'm joking but c'mon now, leave the K. Rool fans alone. :V

I'm hoping for Isaac but we all know he probably isn't coming. Inklings are probably likely, I dunno. If it's another 3rd party there's gonna be a bunch of groaning over on BitF, that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 2

On Tuesday, we will finally feel the beautiful, unifying feeling of simultaneous breaking hearts of K. Rool fans. 

It is the festive season after all

Anybody needing salt for  their holiday party better be ready to collect them from K.Rool fans 

Seriously you guys, petty much? There is literally no reason for him not to be in smash, and his odds are pretty good. Also most of us are working towards our greater end-goal of his return to the DKC series, and we've ensured the awareness of demand, and have both Retro Studios and it's president following our campaign on twitter. Smash is just a bigger piece of the puzzle.

Also, Personally, I think only getting one Nintendo Newcomer out of the dlc would be kinda disappointing, 2-4 feels like the soft spot. That and a legacy character or two that couldn't have gotten in without the ballot/fan support would really showed they listened, like Megaman and Bowser, and Sonic in the past. Of course from my perspective there's only one obvious pick, that everyone on the web knows of by now, that being K.Rool. It one thing to throw in the popular new kid in that's obvious, another to show you listened. Also K.Rool at this point is no different than Sonic, Mega-man or Mewtwo, cept unlike the former two he's actually first party, he's got massive support, few obstacles, and it's overdue to happen, only real difference is that he has a pretty vocal hatebase

I still find it sad and funny that people don't realize that despite his 7 year Hiatus King K.Rool is still the second most featured Villain(and I mean actual bad guy, Meta-Knight and Dedede don't count) in all of Nintendo, even beating out Ganondorf and second only to Bowser, having 20+ appearances, and 4 playable ones. He's still pretty darned significant, and has had an appearance on every single Nintendo Platform since the SNES, the only 2 systems he didn't appear on in any capacity being the NES and VB. Heck he had 2 playable appearances on the wii for that matter. Heck, the Koopalings had a disappearance of 19 years, and then they came back, and they were supporting villains with far fewer appearances, and now they've been showing up everywhere stronger than ever with far less fan demand. If they can return, why not K.Rool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seriously, why all the K. Rool hate? If you don't like him, cool, but isn't it a bit harsh to openly mock those who want to see him? :P

• Thumbs Up 5

Well personally for me, I'm really indifferent to K. Rool. I think some of the fans are way too try hard and kinda crazy on convincing that "K ROOL IS THE BEST THING EVER GO VOTE FOR HIM". I wouldn't be upset or hype for him if he get announce but I rather get someone else.

• Thumbs Up 1