Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Also, what's wrong with using the Other M design?

No one wants to be reminded of Other M.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Also, what's wrong with using the Other M design?

Metroid being my favorite game series, I actually do think the design is fantastic. It's really well made aesthetically. 

That said, it comes from an absolute shitstain of a game riddled with a thousand and one problems I couldn't begin to list and that means it's forever tied to it and ruined. I don't like seeing it.

It's not like they're gonna use her personality.

The worst part is, we don't know this for sure.

Anyone else think Samus's missiles looks like the Ice Missiles from Prime 3 and Fusion?  That'd be neat addition.

• Thumbs Up 1

Other M's Power Suit is fine; it looks really slick. If they use Other M's high-heeled Zero Suit, I'll cry.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am really loving the whole focus the game so far has been having on the Animal Crossing aspect of the game. I loved Smashville in brawl and was wishing for more AC tuff!

It's not like they're gonna use her personality.

I will be thinking of it though. (Plus I like her Prime design better whether I like this one or not)

No one wants to be reminded of Other M.

As long as she doesn't have her personality from other m, I don't see what the problem is.

In case anybody's wondering, I'm talking about the way Samus will possibly act in story mode.

Edited by Johnny Boy

Samus's Fsmash now has a little explosion at the end of the cannon. Nice little touch, I always thought it was awkward for Samus to beat someone's face in with end of the arm cannon and not let cool incendiary stuff happen after that. Hopefully that means the Fsmash has been heavily powered up from Brawl Fsmash as well.

That Villager, so badass, sounds really OP, but the grabbing stuff special will probably be very well timed. But seriously!! Using balloons while having a balloon fighter reference, dashing and letting go of a pot, taking out weeds, dig people, grow a tree, and then smash it with the axe, attack with the slingshot, bug catcher, its too much awesomeness! >w< Definitely gonna use him a lot.

Also: Yay for Pit using Uprisings weapons. pitsmash_zpsc34169e2.png All I need is a claw attack / special and Ill be happy.

I don't mind the Wii Fit Trainer at all, she looks fun enough to use and I think it's good to have more female representation.

The dev trailer made Villager seem awesome as well. And I'm certain at this point that Mega Man is going to be one of my mains.

lol Other M is pretty much the Sonic 06 of its franchise. It's there, and people just want to bury it in the back of their minds.

I am loving the little tweaks they are adding onto the game. Slightly revamped movesets can make a world of a difference. As someone who mains Bowser, I can really appreciate that they are speeding him up. It will help him be more competitive against the bulkier speedsters like Fox.

I was annoyed by WFI's inclusion until I watched her trailer.

She is fucking hilarious.

With this supposedly downsized roster though, I'm really worried about who's getting ditched...W-W-Wario...!

I dunno about anyone else but I for one am SO happy that Pit seems to have been promoted to main character status.

• Thumbs Up 5

So I got bored and tried to compile a quick list of characters and stages that we know of so far. Is this everything?
Veteran Characters
Mario
Bowser
DK
Link
Kirby
Samus
Fox
Pit
Pikachu

Newcomers:
Animal Crossing Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer

Wii U Stages:
Battlefield (SSB)
Smash Bros Arena Thing (SSB4)
Skyloft (LoZ Skyward Sword)
Smashville (Animal Crossing City Folk)
Wily's Castle (Mega Man)
Wii Fit

3DS Stages:
Battlefield (SSB)
Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time 3D)
Spirit Tracks Train (LoZ: Spirit Tracks)
Somekind of Water Area (Super Mario 3D Land)
Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Nintendogs

Pit had easily cemented himself in Uprising as one of the most memorable Nintendo characters to me, so I'm glad too, along with the fact that his moveset is going to be reflecting lots of stuff from his latest game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also going by the lack of 3DS Screens for the Wii Fit Trainer, she's likely Wii U exclusive

I hope they bring back the "character damage" mechanic that was scrapped from Brawl.  I'd love to see Link's shield get damaged and Samus's suit get scuffed and scratched.  It'd be such a cool inclusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I got bored and tried to compile a quick list of characters and stages that we know of so far. Is this everything?

Veteran Characters

Mario

Bowser

DK

Link

Kirby

Samus

Fox

Pit

Pikachu

Newcomers:

Animal Crossing Villager

Mega Man

Wii Fit Trainer

Wii U Stages:

Battlefield (SSB)

Smash Bros Arena Thing (SSB4)

Skyloft (LoZ Skyward Sword)

Smashville (Animal Crossing City Folk)

Wily's Castle (Mega Man)

Wii Fit

3DS Stages:

Battlefield (SSB)

Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time 3D)

Spirit Tracks Train (LoZ: Spirit Tracks)

Somekind of Water Area (Super Mario 3D Land)

Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem Awakening)

Nintendogs

So it looks like we might get one more Zelda stage for WiiU....Twilight realm perhaps?

tumblr_m7dp3tja4X1ra3ij9o1_1280.jpg

Edited by Sora