Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Looking at the screen shot, it's pretty obvious(?) that Luigi is air dodging the attack. I wonder if they're going back to Brawl's "Go with the momentum while in the air, dodge(s)" or melee's "you only get one per jump (if you're not hit) and it kills all momentum or goes in any one direction slightly when accompanied with a direction" dodge that allowed for wavedashing.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure directional airdodging was already deconfirmed fairly early on.

EDIT: Best source I could find. =\

Oh man, if it's back I at least hope you can't spam it infinitely like in Brawl, it should be like Melee's air dodge in that regard: you only get one use in the air. That infinitely spammable air dodge in Brawl just added to the overly defensive focus of it's gameplay.

Edited by Chaos Warp

It seems to be hitting Mario behind him though...  part of me wonders if this some strange new midair application of his Down+B. Don't suppose Sakurai's quote sheds any light on it?

I think it only hits Luigi, while Mario simply does his taunt - the spinny dead thing - to give a impression of a stronger attack.

• Thumbs Up 2

It seems to be hitting Mario behind him though...

I think that's just Mario taunting; the one where he spins and mimics his old death animation.

Oh man, if it's back I at least hope you can't spam it infinitely like in Brawl, it should be like Melee's air dodge in that regard: you only get one use in the air. That infinitely spammable air dodge in Brawl just added to the overly defensive focus of it's gameplay.

I actually don't mind the infinite, momentum air dodge actually, I mean, if you're standing there, you can indefinitely side step dodge all you want. I can't see the infinite air dodge being an issue if the game isn't as slow as Brawl. In project M, falling at a speed similar to that of Melee made the air dodge a risk at times than a defense really.

I think the abusable nature of airdodges and sidesteps has less to do with the fact that you could spam them, and more to do with the fact that they had such ridiculously long periods of invulnerability that they could be used as a response to anything and practically chained into each other. Dial that back a little, and the repeatable airdodges really don't help that much anymore.

daily.jpg

In true Balloon Fight fashion, the balloons can be popped one at a time. Looks like Villager has an exploitable recovery.

Also, Fox's Dsmash is the same.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if those balloons will give way one hit each or it will take a few to get them to pop. I think i will rather have Villagers recovery over Ness's though, I could never aim it right and ended up killing myself plenty

looks like your gonna have to be extra careful with the balloons, or you'll get a quick death.

i can see it being one of those up specials that probably should be used before you drop too low. As in it has a good Horizontal recovery, not so much vertical (like Sonic's spring)

I guess it should be mentioned in this topic that since there's a Pokemon Direct tomorrow, there's a mild possibility of another Pokemon character being revealed for Smash.

I say mild because while it is a reasonable thing to expect, it's not guaranteed by any means.  If it does happen though, I figure the Pokemon Trainer, or some form of equivalent, is the most likely to be revealed.

Todas pic of the Day

mxt7rSU.jpg

Pit told Mega man "Mega-Dodge this-icus", and so he did.

Sakurai says

His sliding move was originally used to pass under tight spaces.

an insightful expert Comment indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

an insightful expert Comment indeed.

Are you genuinely mocking a simple bit of trivia for people who haven't played Mega Man?  o_O

Are you genuinely mocking a simple bit of trivia for people who haven't played Mega Man?  o_O

Not really, just seemed a bit funny and Captain Obvious-y to me when paired with that Image is all.

I guess it should be mentioned in this topic that since there's a Pokemon Direct tomorrow, there's a mild possibility of another Pokemon character being revealed for Smash.

I say mild because while it is a reasonable thing to expect, it's not guaranteed by any means.  If it does happen though, I figure the Pokemon Trainer, or some form of equivalent, is the most likely to be revealed.

I'm still hoping for this:

xqas.jpg

(with two evolved)

I guess if Pokemon Trainer does return though, that it'll probably be regular old Red. That would be fine and all, since I love the old 'Mons. I'd just rather see Serena and these guys get a shot this time around.

• Thumbs Up 3

Todas pic of the Day

mxt7rSU.jpg

Pit told Mega man "Mega-Dodge this-icus", and so he did.

it seems that in this picture they're showing off the "make the black outlines as think as you want" feature. Unless I just can't see right

It looks a little smaller comparatively in the WiiU version.  And also don't forget the fact that Pit's legs are bent so he's not quite at full height.

screen-6.jpg

But yeah it is pretty dang huge.

It looks a little smaller comparatively in the WiiU version.  And also don't forget the fact that Pit's legs are bent so he's not quite at full heightscreen-6.jpg

But yeah it is pretty dang huge.

Not to mention that the Wii U version, Pit's arrow seems more curved and it seems more straight in the 3DS version

I'm still hoping for this:

*snip*

(with two evolved)

I guess if Pokemon Trainer does return though, that it'll probably be regular old Red. That would be fine and all, since I love the old 'Mons. I'd just rather see Serena and these guys get a shot this time around.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that Red coming back is probably the most likely outcome, though honestly I think they should replace him simply because his team didn't seem very well thought out.  Squirtle had quick and all around practical moves while Charizard had both power and advanced aerial mobility, but Ivysaur just seemed awkward and lame to me.

I just think the Pokemon Trainer would be a better character to play as in general if they stepped away from Red and put together a new trainer with a better set of Pokemon.  I don't have any real preference for who exactly, though I do think it should be a player character with his/her equivalent starter families.  Keep the spirit of the character the same in that sense, you know?

nzofog.jpg

Image of the day. Looks like a sappy romance novel cover.

Also for future reference, remember to rehost images you post here. Linking the Daily Pic directly from the Smash Bros site just leads to it getting replaced 24 hours later.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 8

This is completely off subject but all that pic makes me think is "If there is ever a Wii Fit for Wii U they better let us jog around Zelda towns and Delfino Plaza and shit instead of just Wuhu Island".

nzofog.jpg

Image of the day. Looks like a sappy romance novel cover.

Also for future reference, remember to rehost images you post here. Linking the Daily Pic directly from the Smash Bros site just leads to it getting replaced 24 hours later.

Yeah, it seems like the first post on every page is a hotlinked image of the day with an incorrect description, lol