Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Todays pic of the day

BGljvid.jpg

Pit showing Pikachu what a real Mega-Upper is, but Pikachu is not shocked by it.

Sakurai says

Although it’ll deal Pit some damage, Thunder Jolt isn’t powerful enough to stop the Upperdash Arm!

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark

That floor is the Mega Man stage right?  Wonder what's going on up in the sky there.
If you're talking about that line, it's a line which a platform follows round.

What I find curious is that Sakurai states that Thunder Jolt isn't powerful enough, as if to imply there's actually a limit to the Upperdash's anti-flinch state. To the best of my knowledge he never did that in Brawl - Ike's Aether (and Eruption too, if you timed it right) couldn't be interrupted at all, so it kinda makes me curious whether a well-timed Falcon Punch could knock Pit out of it.

...speaking of which, where the fuck is Falcon?

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 2

What I find curious is that Sakurai states that Thunder Jolt isn't powerful enough, as if to imply there's actually a limit to the Upperdash's anti-flinch state. To the best of my knowledge he never did that in Brawl - Ike's Aether (and Eruption too, if you timed it right) couldn't be interrupted at all, so it kinda makes me curious whether a well-timed Falcon Punch could knock Pit out of it.

...speaking of which, where the fuck is Falcon?

Is there the possibility that they might remove him as they see him no longer relevant? If so....

rage-quit-guy-o.gif'

...........I'll be pretty damn pissed, because not only is he a Smash 64 veteran, he is the last connection to F-Zero that's popular at all. 

Is there the possibility that they might remove him as they see him no longer relevant? If so....

They got Fox in it, and if he is in I dont see any reason why the Captain would be cut

Furtehrmore, consider the following, remember the Brawl Dojo?

of course you do

remember when Captain Falcon was shown on the Dojo? Yeah, way when Brawl was already released, as one of the Secret fighters, along with Ness, Marth, Luigi and Jigglypuff. So really I wouldnt worry about the Captain getting Falcon Cut so easily

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 4

They got Fox in it, and if he is in I dont see any reason why the Captain would be cut

They have Fox in Star Fox 64 3D, Falcon hasn't been in a game since...GC era??

• Thumbs Up 1

They have Fox in Star Fox 64 3D, Falcon hasn't been in a game since...GC era??

I dont think many People count the remake as a Proper new game, seeing how people say  Star Fox has become irrelevant regardless of the 3DS port,  so they more or less are in the same boat.

Plus as I just said in the edit to my previous post, Falcon was one of the Last characters revealed for Brawl, I really doubt he is getting cut.

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark

What I find curious is that Sakurai states that Thunder Jolt isn't powerful enough, as if to imply there's actually a limit to the Upperdash's anti-flinch state. To the best of my knowledge he never did that in Brawl - Ike's Aether (and Eruption too, if you timed it right) couldn't be interrupted at all, so it kinda makes me curious whether a well-timed Falcon Punch could knock Pit out of it.   ...speaking of which, where the fuck is Falcon?
Limited armour has existed since Melee (possibly 64 not sure). It's called heavy armour which is an armour state limited by v%. An attack of certain damage can break through. There's also knocback armour which is the same but for knock back instead of damage. Also Falcon was unlockable in Brawl and 64 so the case is likely here. Not to mention we've only had a small handful of characters revealed

Falcon has been a secret character in every game but Melee, and likely will be here too.

You gotta remember that they made a point of highlighting the "original 12" in Brawl through trophies and event matches, even at a time when 2 or more of the original 12 were bordering on very irrelevant. For example, if Ness or Jiggly were ever going to be cut, Brawl would have been the time to do it, as both are more relevant now than they were around Brawl's release.

I would bet any amount of money that the original 12 will be in every Smash game, I don't think people have to worry about that.

Plus, pretty sure that Captain Falcon will always always be more relevant than Ice Climbers, and I don't see them going anywhere either.

Ya'll worry about relevancy way too much, I think the only series that has any real influence in is Pokémon, and even then Jigglypuff's lack of relevancy is continuously ignored.

They never show secret characters. The only exceptions ever were Sonic and Snake in Brawl and possibly Megaman and Luigi in this game. Yoshi hasn't been shown either, and I don't think he's getting cut

Seriously though why did they choose to show Pit over Yoshi what the fuck

Because

1) Pit was an initial reveal in Brawl, ergo it makes sense for him to be an initial reveal here.  Yoshi has never been an initial reveal.

2) Pit has relevance again due to Uprising.  Not to mention development of Smash 4 started not long after Uprising's release.

Honestly this is a weird thing to question.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pit is getting a move set overhaul and Yoshi is a veteran so no one would doubt his inclusion. Also, the devs might have finished working on Pit to be in a presentable state before they finished Yoshi.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well this is a interesting little read.

Even if Bayonetta isn't the first pick for SSB4, Platinum has plenty of potentially awesome characters that could be included. Wonderful 101 probably being the most obvious and likely.

wouldn't mind bayonetta or a wonderful 101 character, but tbh I rather see a revamped Sonic first in Smash. Closest thing to Sega vs. Capcom we're gonna get XD Well, Sonic vs. Megaman besides the archie comics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because

1) Pit was an initial reveal in Brawl, ergo it makes sense for him to be an initial reveal here.  Yoshi has never been an initial reveal.

2) Pit has relevance again due to Uprising.  Not to mention development of Smash 4 started not long after Uprising's release.

Honestly this is a weird thing to question.

Because Yoshi is one of the original 8 and the only one to not be included. The beginning was scrolling through all the 64 starters and then it's like "okay now here's Pit."

I suppose it was just because it was more of a franchise scroll, and since Yoshi is technically still a Mario character and his own series isn't really very notable they figured they'd just show Pit instead.

Yoshi hasn't had a game to showcase his stuff since Brawl's release; Yoshi's Island DS came out two years before Brawl did. The Nintendo characters shown in the reveal trailer were chosen because of not only of being hallmarks of the Nintendo franchises in general, but because the characters had a game that came out recently that everyone would immediately remember, including Fox with his SF64 remake.

Blech; here I was all excited that Megaman would be the only "foreigner" in this one, now we've got talk of her.

I got nothin' against Bayonetta, but she belongs in Smash Bros. about as much as Booker DeWitt or Duke Nukem.

Blech; here I was all excited that Megaman would be the only "foreigner" in this one, now we've got talk of her.

I got nothin' against Bayonetta, but she belongs in Smash Bros. about as much as Booker DeWitt or Duke Nukem.

Or Solid Snake

Also, is the Wonderful 101 owned by Platinum or Nintendo? Because if they're third party then that really sucks for their chances

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Or Solid Snake

Also, is the Wonderful 101 owned by Platinum or Nintendo? Because if they're third party then that really sucks for their chances

its been said before, W101 belongs to nintendo, the copyright has been shown

Okay then, that's good. I'm not sure how they would implement a W101 character, but I'm sure it could be interesting if pulled off right, although considering their troubles with the Ice Climbers on the 3DS version it might not be able to happen.

edit: actually, they've shown Olimar, who I'd assume would have the same troubles as the ice Climbers with the Pikmin, so yeah disregard that

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

I can just imagine sakurai snickering while saying "those silly web article guys just believe anything maybe ill put a picture of myself in and tell them that its a new feature that lets you fight as yourself in the game by taking a picture of your body" *evil laughs*

Edited by megadude001
  • Thumbs Up 2