Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Like some others, was really hoping for a Classic/LTTP Link, but Toon Link is still just as snazzy as always (and deliciously HD might I add). I just really hope they took the effort to make him different this time, though seeing that screen shot looking like he has bombs again, kinda worries that he might still be the same mostly, D:

Like some others, was really hoping for a Classic/LTTP Link, but Toon Link is still just as snazzy as always (and deliciously HD might I add). I just really hope they took the effort to make him different this time, though seeing that screen shot looking like he has bombs again, kinda worries that he might still be the same mostly, D:

Well of ALL moves shared between Links, Toon Link has just gotta have bombs.  The Wind Waker explosion effect is iconic.

It'd be great if they can give him more Wind Waker exclusive moves for the rest of his arsenal though.  I don't recall SSBB Toon Link ever making use of the Grappling Hook or Deku Leaf did he?

Edited by JezMM

Unfortunately, judging by the movement in his screenshots, looks like he has the same moveset.

But even with the slight feeling of disappointment...geezus this is a cute as hell picture:

screen-2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Well of ALL moves shared between Links, Toon Link has just gotta have bombs.  The Wind Waker explosion effect is iconic.

It'd be great if they can give him more Wind Waker exclusive moves for the rest of his arsenal though.  I don't recall SSBB Toon Link ever making use of the Grappling Hook or Deku Leaf did he?

Isn't the grappling hook his grab?

I'm Honestly dissapointed about this reveal actually. I like Toon Link and all, but I really woulda not cried over him being cut, rather have his Agility be applied to reguler Link.

its still nice for those that Hoped he would be back tough,and there is at least some reason for his re-inclusion, so I guess there is that.

Can't say I'm surprised to see Toon Link in considering Wind Waker's new HD version. Glad he's back :)

I mean Toon Link is one of my mains and I'm happy to see him back..............but...................I can't support the inclusion of clones. I hope that they keep his agility, but change up his moveset so at least he's like the Luigi to Link's Mario.

Aso, make Regular Link either faster or stronger (or both), pls, so he doesn't suck as much. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright,Took Link! Admittedly, I don't use the Zelda characters all that much, but whenever I did, Toon Link was easier for me to work with. Even more so than regular Link... I can't use him to save my life.

I'm sort of banking on Zelda being revealed when A Link Between Worlds is released.

screen-7.jpg

Wow. Peach should really consider dairy substitutes if she gets this gassy... I don't envy Toad here...

Toad: PRESS "B"! FOR ALL THAT IS SACRED, PRESS "B"!

Grappling Hook, yeah. It was his grab. Deku Leaf, no.

Edited by Wonder-Unity

I'm pretty happy to see Toon Link back considering he was my main man in Brawl, but at the same time... I'm slightly disappointed. For starters, I'd much rather have him use a more Four Swords/Minish Cap-based moveset than be a clone of regular Link, and with that train commander Link on the Spirit Train stage... that could be confusing actually, thinking about it. Guess we'll see how it plays.

And with Wind Waker HD being released recently, yes, I'm pretty sure; if Sonic's back in, they're gonna announce him next month around Lost World's release.

Edited by Super Spindash

I'm not bothered by the fact that Toon Link is a clone, as he always is. Almost every fighting game with more than just a dozen characters has clones in it. And at least Toon Link makes sense.

I'm hoping that his ground Up B can slide like it can in P:M. It's a nice reference to WW.

Isn't the grappling hook his grab?

Grappling Hook, yeah. It was his grab. Deku Leaf, no.

Psssh you guys need to get your Zelda terms straight.  I just checked, he uses his Hookshot to grab.

The grappling hook is what Link uses to swing on poles, or in combat steal enemy spoils and stun weaker enemies.

• Thumbs Up 4

Psssh you guys need to get your Zelda terms straight.  I just checked, he uses his Hookshot to grab.

The grappling hook is what Link uses to swing on poles, or in combat steal enemy spoils and stun weaker enemies.

Oh. Whoops. My bad, then. I mistaken the two. *checks* Yup.

Edited by Wonder-Unity

No..? The Hookshot pulls small enemies toward you, and YOU towards big enemies, it doesn't steal shit, only the grappling hook does, it also has a small window of knock back, the Hookshot is more of an instant zip-line.

My main issue with this reveal is timing more than anything. The fact that they've revealed a clone character before the majority of the rest of the cast urks me. Furthermore out of all the 'clones' in Brawl, Toon Link was probably the least unique. I get that they probably revealed him since WWHD is on the horizon, but still.

On the other hand, TL was pretty effective in Brawl and could be really interesting if they gave him more unique moves from WW, PH and ST (e.g. Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, Bombchus, Whip etc). Also he looks fucking adorable now.

EDIT: Just looked at the site pictures, looks like he's still a clone. Wasted opportunity.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the scuttle or a scuttle jump is the official name for it. Flutter jump is Yoshis hovering technique.

Also this is the first time that they've revealed a clone as a starter character which also bugs me. The whole point of clones is that they're developed nearer the end of character development to save time and resources and to help bulk up the roster. However that is clearly not the case here, as not only is there still a lot of development time left for this game, but Sakurai pretty much said already that they're limiting the roster size due to the 3DS version.

Also this is the first time that they've revealed a clone as a starter character which also bugs me. The whole point of clones is that they're developed nearer the end of character development to save time and resources and to help bulk up the roster. However that is clearly not the case here, as not only is there still a lot of development time left for this game, but Sakurai pretty much said already that they're limiting the roster size due to the 3DS version.

Who says we're not near the end of character development at this point?  I don't think they're presenting these characters as they make them.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the pattern stays the same, the next reveal will be from the first Smash bros game. so either Capt F, Ness, Jiggly puff, Yoshi (doubt it) 

So is this the New pattern? if so

Have a Pokemon reveal mid october, and hoping Sonic is in the game gets revealed late october.

Edit:

screen-7.jpg

OH GOD I just realized that the picture was suppose to make it look like peach was farting 0__0 I wonder how toad is doing under there..

Edited by jordine
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it's fairly safe to assume we'll be getting a Pokemon reveal around the 12th October, whether it be Jigglypuff or Pokemon Trainer or... perhaps most appropriately... Mewtwo (with X/Y mega transformations)?

And then if Sonic's going to be in at all, they'll reveal him around the launch of Lost World at the end of the month. It's a big Nintendo exclusive game so they'd be silly not to capitalise on that for his announcement, assuming he's returning to the fray, of course.

if we get a Pokemon reveal next month, I doubt its gonna be Jigglypuff to be honest. I feel like She, like Captain Falcon, Ness, Marth and the Ice Climbers are gonna be revealed as Secret characters like they were with Brawls Dojo.

so far its literally a Tossup between Lucario, Mewtwo and Pokemon Trainer as far as Pokemon reveals go.