Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I disagree. Down special, perhaps, but otherwise I can't think of a really useful functionality to bouncing in a fighting game. There isn't even a recovery benefit to it. 

A more fitting and relevant down-aerial would be the stomp. It shoots you straight downward, uses his feet, it's been used in many of the recent Sonic games. A much better choice in my opinion.

That being said, I think his current down-aerial is fine as is. I've already gotten used to it, and it makes for a nice speedy "revenge" hit after being knocked upwards.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I disagree. Down special, perhaps, but otherwise I can't think of a really useful functionality to bouncing in a fighting game. There isn't even a recovery benefit to it. 

A more fitting and relevant down-aerial would be the stomp. It shoots you straight downward, uses his feet, it's been used in many of the recent Sonic games. A much better choice in my opinion.

That being said, I think his current down-aerial is fine as is. I've already gotten used to it, and it makes for a nice speedy "revenge" hit after being knocked upwards.

A bounce would fit the "hit fast and bail" play style Sonic excels at. Something you could use to enter a fry from above and bounce away after dishing out some quick damage. 

It would almost have to be a special move though. Normal attacks probably wouldn't be able to function in such a manner. A stomp isn't a bad option, but his current D air fits that bill already and it does leave him a little exposed when he hits the ground.

At the very least, it would be a "ball" based move that people wouldn't complain about.

The bounce effect would completely negate the landing lag weakness that Sonic's current down air (as well as all other similar moves) has, in addition to keeping him moving and naturally flowing into any of Sonic's other aerials.

Aside from practical reasons, I'm inclined to believe that since the entire reason Sonic was made a hedgehog in the first place was to justify spin attacks, then that would imply that any spin-based move would be more appropriate for him than any non-spin-based alternative.

Heck, it's not like it even has to be a Special move. Young Link and, to a slightly lesser degree, regular Link have that downward stab move that lets you bounce on opponents a few times, so I don't see why something like the bounce or stomp attacks (maybe a combo of the two?) couldn't be done for Sonic.

Brawl was the reason why I even heard of snake.

Is that sad?

What drove Kojima to "practically beg" Sakurai to get Snake in the game? "My child likes Super Smash Bros., so we play it a lot together. And he told me that there's no character that you made in that game." Aside from his son's pleading, Kojima pointed to Metal Gear's low profile on Nintendo consoles as a second reason. "As you know, we did make Twin Snakes, but generally speaking, there hasn't been a lot of Metal Gear on Nintendo platforms. So from that perspective, I thought it was a good way to expose younger people to this character, Snake," he said. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/thank-kojimas-son-for-getting-snake-into-smash-bros-brawl/

What drove Kojima to "practically beg" Sakurai to get Snake in the game? "My child likes Super Smash Bros., so we play it a lot together. And he told me that there's no character that you made in that game." Aside from his son's pleading, Kojima pointed to Metal Gear's low profile on Nintendo consoles as a second reason. "As you know, we did make Twin Snakes, but generally speaking, there hasn't been a lot of Metal Gear on Nintendo platforms. So from that perspective, I thought it was a good way to expose younger people to this character, Snake," he said. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/thank-kojimas-son-for-getting-snake-into-smash-bros-brawl/

Umm...Snake is not very child friendly. o_o

• Thumbs Up 3

Meh, kids play CoD and GTA these days, I'm sure they can handle Snake.

• Thumbs Up 1

They kinda toned him down in Brawl. He didn't have knives or guns (unless you count RPGs and such.)

I want this music for Smash Bros. :(

I think that's a bit too obscure for Smash Bros. Basically if it didn't appear in Generations don't get your hopes up for it appearing here.

I think we can expect a handful of main themes and some first stage music. GHZ, EHZ and some Colours music is a given, probably expect the Brawl AIZ theme to return as well.

I still think Sonic's down aerial should be based on the Bounce Attack.

I disagree as well. As an air down special I can see it working, especially if it had some sort of spiking effect against mid-air enemies. Also, only if it can be immediately cancelled into his up special recovery. 

So? If I made video games and had my own assortment of characters, child friendly or not, I would to show my kid my work. If my kid loved Smash brothers and I was friends with Sakurai, I would kinda beg for my character to be in as well. Gotta keep my kid happy. Unless he's a little shit....then I wouldn't even try

Edited by LunarEdge

I still think Sonic's down aerial should be based on the Bounce Attack.

There was a version of HACKED brawl where Bounce was his down aerial. It didn't work very well. 

I think that's a bit too obscure for Smash Bros.

B-but Green Forest is one of the biggest moments in SA2. Everyone knows the kickass song.

:(

• Thumbs Up 1

Brawl Minus has it as his vB and it works ok.

it works weird in Brawl Minus. It like.... knocks the opponent upward at a weird angle despite Smacking into them downward. Given, Links downAir attack caused upward knockbacks as well.

I think that's a bit too obscure for Smash Bros. Basically if it didn't appear in Generations don't get your hopes up for it appearing here.

I think we can expect a handful of main themes and some first stage music. GHZ, EHZ and some Colours music is a given, probably expect the Brawl AIZ theme to return as well.

But it was in Generations.

Edited by Mr. 0

They kinda toned him down in Brawl. He didn't have knives or guns (unless you count RPGs and such.)

Wanna go even further?

solid_snake_track_and_field_sm.jpg

But it was in Generations.

Generation was filled to the brim with World 1-1 Music Representation, sometimes 1-2 like with Savannah Citadel and Sweet Mountain. Reason Green Forest made the cut was because Escape From the City was already being used in a regular stage and SA2 only had Metal Harbor otherwise.

Smash dives a bit deeper than 1-1 Representatives and other iconic for music (Pokemon DP's Route 209 certainly comes to mind), but even then, Green Forest doesn't have the notability as, say, Chemical Plant or Adventure's Panic Puppet Act 1 remix.

Regardless, Colors, Sonic 4 Episodes 1 and 2, and "original" Generations music are gonna take priority for the Lost World stage after Lost World's selected music is added. Windy Hill's a current-era stage, so music from relatively current-era games call shotgun.

I really hope we get Terminal Velocity. I mean Colors stuff is a given,but I fear TV won't make it.

Also hoping for some Unleashed tracks.(COUGHDRAGONROADNIGHTORDAYCOUGH!)

Regardless, Colors, Sonic 4 Episodes 1 and 2, and "original" Generations music are gonna take priority for the Lost World stage after Lost World's selected music is added. Windy Hill's a current-era stage, so music from relatively current-era games call shotgun.

I just hope that the Windy Hill ugh stage has a better selection of songs than Green Hill Zone. I mean they fucked up with GHZ when they filled it with main themes & genesis music.(none of the good Adventure 1 or 2 tracks were added. Also,who the fuck wants the heroes main theme before Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace/Seagate?)

Edited by Mr. 0

Yeah, I hated that about Green Hill also, couldn't stand any of the Main Theme stuff they put in, I always have that music shut off except for the actual stage themes.. All I want is actual stage music like Starlight Carnival, Eggmanland, Sky Fortress Act 2 and Jeh Jeh Rocket.

Their betterbe a better selection of songs this time.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Yeah, I hated that about Green Hill also, couldn't stand any of the Main Theme stuff they put in, I always have that music shut off except for the actual stage themes.. All I want is actual stage music like Starlight Carnival, Eggmanland, Sky Fortress Act 2 and Jeh Jeh Rocket.

Their betterbe a better selection of songs this time.

Allow me to predict the songs:

Windy Hill act X

Windy Hill act Y

(insert SLW song here)

Any rendition of GHZ

-Main Theme(SONIC HEROES!!!)

-Main Theme(maybe Reach for the Stars or Endless Possibilities)

-Main Theme(Probably the main theme of one of the Sonic Riders games)

-Main Theme(Anything)

(Colors song goes here)

(Sonic 4 Song)

Seaside Hill

(Craptastic remix)

...But really, does anyone expect anything better than this? I sure as hell don't. I mean they used the Heroes theme for Sonic's reveal instead of something from Generations/Lost World/Colors.

I hope we get some Adventure tracks in, and especially a remix. Emerald Coast and Speed Highway would be nice fits, and we can even have Lost World's music in the Lost World level!

Speaking of which does anyone else think Windy Hill looks even more plastic in this game than Lost World itself?

Edited by Enderwoman