Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Today's Caption

Sonic: Lost World is out in Japan today! The Windy Hill area can also be seen in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U…but I can't tell you all the details yet!

Edited by G-Force

Sounds like there might be some kind of neat little stage effect in Windy Hill that Sakurai is holding out on

Eh, there's still loads of content that'll be in the game. I'd just like a greater rate of new stuff.

Though, this is newish.

Sonic's Jab has enough priority to bust through Mario's Fireball now. I don't think it could do that in Brawl.

His fist also becomes comically enormous for the frames they are out.

His jab became massive like that when it came out in Brawl as well.  Infact all of Sonic's punching and kicking moves have that kind of deformation.  However the jab definitely didn't have that much priority.  Either the hitbox has been improved substantially or he has hand invulnerability during the active frames of the jab.  

http://www.christianpost.com/news/super-smash-bros-4-rumors-release-date-unintentionally-leaked-for-wii-u-and-3ds-version-on-retailers-website-107374/ So apparently the release date MAY have been leaked. The 3DS version comes out first and then we wait a chunk of time for the Wii U ver? I find this "leak" not only strange but unlikely. I would feel like the Wii U version would come out first.

I'd say December 31st is already a give away it's a placeholder.

Edit: ugh, ninja'd

Edited by Thigolf

I already know December 31st is a placeholder. The 3DS version date seems believable. The Wii U version will probably come out around that date as well.

But the game doesn't seem close to being finished, frankly. I wouldnt be surprised at all if it got delayed to 2015.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like there might be some kind of neat little stage effect in Windy Hill that Sakurai is holding out on

I bet it's either the stage turning around like Brinstar Depths, Zazz or another Deadly Six member attacking or Shaun the Sheep's demonic revenge.

But the game doesn't seem close to being finished, frankly. I wouldnt be surprised at all if it got delayed to 2015.

And miss out on not only Smash's 15th anniversary (1999), but also Nintendo's 125th anniversary (founded in 1889)? I don't know about you, but to me, 2014 is the PERFECT year for this to release, and delaying it to 2015 would be missing out on something pretty great.

Edited by EarthwOrm Jim
  • Thumbs Up 1

And miss out on not only Smash's 15th anniversary (1999), but also Nintendo's 125th anniversary (founded in 1889)? I don't know about you, but to me, 2014 is the PERFECT year for this to release, and delaying it to 2015 would be missing out on something pretty great.

with that being true, wouldnt we get a number of great anniversy releases? now that could be awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see the game getting delayed. It's going to enter it's second year of development in March, they've already announced 17 characters (Brawl had 39 and we probably aren't going to get many more than that), and stages don't take long to make. Plus, they don't have to worry about making lots of cutscenes like they did with Brawl, which I'm sure took up a decent portion of the development time for that game. 

I think it's realistic to expect at least one version of this game to come out 5-7 months from now. 

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

I say November or Holiday 2014. Seems like an apt time to release the games. 

stop it, I want it sooner XD alas, tis but a dream

We hardly get any pictures from Villager now....Pikachu and fox seems to be appearing in more pictures now

Jigglypuff and Falco confirmed

Today's picture:

kmVzwsh.jpg

Pic of the day. This one marks the 100th pic of the day! Without further ado, I’d like to introduce Luigi as he adjusts his nose. Hope you enjoy!

Mario and Luigi have a staring contest while Luigi scratches his nose and Mario scratches his head.

lol Sakurai, you cheeky bugger. He is clearly messing with us at this point.

I doubt he has much of a choice when it comes to these things though.

Meh. I don't get why he use such dull pics such as these for the daily pic. How about showing some shots of 4 player battles or atleast more pics showing off the characters attacks. That way we can have interesting daily pics without spoiling too much.

Edited by sjmaster92

How can you tell how close it is to being finished when we've been given hardly any information on the game since its announcement

And I know they don't want to spoil too much like with Brawl but he could at least fucking try to make the pictures interesting

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

So there been a "leak" about Ness returning to Smash 4

54UipDw.png

Most likely fake, but Ness probably gonna return either way.

• Thumbs Up 2