Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

So...

I don't know if this was discussed, but does anyone remember that supposed leak by that one dude who said that Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Mii were going to be revealed at E3? Of course, we all know that only three of those characters were revealed...but...something quite...coincidental is happening. Let's look at some dates:

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: October 29 (NA)

Wii Party U: October 31 (JAP)

Wii Sports Club: October 30 (JAP)

Punch-Out Anniversary: This month (No date specified) (NA)

Now, I'm not one to believe rumours. This is probably just a huge coincidence...but...maybe...just maybe...

Nintendo Direct soon?

I could definately believe it, throw in a pokemon announcement, then you have one thrilling direct on your hands

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: October 29 (NA)

I highly, highly doubt that Sakurai would bother to advertise for a cash-in on a terrible cartoon of a decades-old, now-completely-irrelevent series of video games.  If Pac-Man is going to be announced (God for-fucking-bid), it's probably going to be on it's own time, not to coincide with a likely-terrible game that nobody whose balls (or ovaries) have dropped will play.

I'll be damned if they ever put Kraid in (a tiny clone of him that only showed up twice more or less) as a Metroid rep before Ridley.

And why are so many people opposed to the idea of wanting Pac-man in Smash Bros? I'm really curious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because Pac-Man as a character is about as interesting as a bucket of rocks and hasn't been relevant in at least a decade? His only claim to fame was having a really popular arcade game with an actual 'character' as opposed to stuff like space shooters and fucking Pong. The game itself was obviously more interesting than the actual main character, because literally every attempt to try and branch out Pac-Man into something other than his debut game has been entirely forgettable. (I personally think the game itself is incredibly overrated in its own right, but that's for another topic.)

There are many Namco characters far more deserving of a spot than boring old Pac-Man.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 5

As far as I'm concerned, mainly because there are a retarded amount of Namco reps that would work better both as Smash characters and as 3rd party Nintendo history -  stuff like Lloyd Irving and Simon Belmont, namely, but nobody would object to a Klonoa either - but most will insist that the icon of the company has priority, and it just so happens their icon is just about the most boring choice among them.

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 2

As far as I'm concerned, mainly because there are a retarded amount of Namco reps that would work better both as Smash characters and as 3rd party Nintendo history -  stuff like Lloyd Irving and Simon Belmont, namely, but nobody would object to a Klonoa either - but most will insist that the icon of the company has priority, and it just so happens their icon is just about the most boring choice among them.

Just a heads-up, mate: Castlevania is owned by Konami, not Namco.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just a heads-up, mate: Castlevania is owned by Konami, not Namco.

EVERY FUCKING TIME. I swear they sound the same in my head. @.@

I'd rather have Pac-Man in this game than any other Namco character. I feel that they could give him a really fun and unique moveset.

• Thumbs Up 1

EVERY FUCKING TIME. I swear they sound the same in my head. @.@

Konamco.

If that rumor is true, I really wonder how Pac Man could play. I haven't played any of the Pac Man World games, so aside from chomping stuff, I'm not sure what kind of movepool he's got from his games.

Lloyd Irving wouldn't be a bad rep from Namco, but the fact remains that he's only appeared in a couple of games (discounting cameos). Would it be cool? Yeah. But I highly doubt he's going to feature over someone like Pac-Man. Its agreed that Pac-Man isn't a particularly interesting character, but if any Capcom character gets in the most likely scenario is for it to be Pac-Man unfortunately.

Separately... if they decide to have a Tales rep, it probably WOULD be Lloyd. There are other characters that appeared on Nintendo consoles but they aren't as significant as Lloyd's appearance in Symphonia (and his reappearance in Dawn of the New World, not that many LIKE that game).

On that note... I don't think any character is going to get in from Namco, but that's just me. Yeah, they're helping development, but with two third-parties already I doubt we'll get a character from Namco.

Edited by JaidynReiman

Konamco.

If that rumor is true, I really wonder how Pac Man could play. I haven't played any of the Pac Man World games, so aside from chomping stuff, I'm not sure what kind of movepool he's got from his games.

Not to get off topic but you should really try pac man world 1 and 2, they're extremely fun.

Also, I agree with chooch, why can't pac-man get in sure someone like klonoa or lloyd would be more interesting (and honestly I would probably die if my 3 favorite characters, sonic, megaman, and klonoa got in) but its kind of obvious that those 2 aren't going to be put in which would make pac-man the next choice unless they have a different character in mind.

About Klonoa... I think its safe to say that you shouid not expect him in at all. 'Cause apparently, some guys over at ShiftyLook's forums have apparently emailed Namco and they wrote back saying they'd do it, but only if Nintendo gave them more third-party character slots, which would imply that Klonoa never was in Sakurai's sights in the first place.

It's an unconfirmed source, though, so take it with a grain of salt if you wish.

When the hell did everyone start liking a Pacman addition to Smash Bros.

Last week, a lot of people didn't want him.

....And then I run into the Skype chat and get slaughtered.

nintendoga <3

Edited by Autosaver

When the hell did everyone start liking a Pacman addition to Smash Bros.

Last week, a lot of people didn't want him.

....And then I run into the Skype chat and get slaughtered.

Dont ask me, I am the one supporting Mini-Kraid

Also, what if there was a character made out of Nintendo Consoles and accessories and periphials! and one of Sega ones!

I'd rather not have Pac Man or any Namco character at all for that matter, Sonic and Megaman are enough 3rd parties for me.

I agree with this.

I just.. don't want Pac-Man in the game at all. I'm not exactly going to piss myself if he gets added though. I'm sure he'd be a fine addition to the game if it ended up happening.

It's cool if you don't like Pac-Man and don't want him in, but to use excuses like "He's not relevant anymore" is complete BS. When has being irrlevant ever stop Sakurai from putting in characters like ROB, Ice Climbers, you know the drill.

It's even more BS when people recommend other Namco characters that are even less relevant over Pac-Man.

Klonoa? When was the last decade he was even relevant?

Edit: To be clear I'm not saying you shouldn't want Klonoa in either. Just don't say one character's irrelevant and then do a hyperbole by recommending another irrelevant one.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 7

It's cool if you don't like Pac-Man and don't want him in, but to use excuses like "He's not relevant anymore" is complete BS. When has being irrlevant ever stop Sakurai from putting in characters like ROB, Ice Climbers, you know the drill.

I believe that characters like ROB and Ice Climbers are in a different realm based on the fact that the game has an essential piece in Nintendo's history. Third party characters on the other hand are in a different ball park due to the fact they have little to do with the game. Sonic for example was added for his incredible partnership with SEGA. Mega-Man was really big on Nintendo systems and he was quite popular on the DS, Wii, and to a point on the 3DS. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Megaman Nintendo game in development.

Another nice thing about the classic characters from Nintendo is that it looks like they were lifted from 1980. Pacman on the other hand would most likely be using his Ghostly Adventures get up. It's not how I remember or want to remember Pacman. His modern design takes away the classic love. I guess it boils down to opinion but it's just my point of view.

It's even more BS when people recommend other Namco characters that are even less relevant over Pac-Man.

Klonoa? When was the last decade he was even relevant?

I think you're missing the point. (Psst: Klonoa had a game on the Wii!)

It's not that Klonoa is more relevant. It's that a character like Klonoa is more interesting and seems to have a higher image than Pacman. Klonoa seems to be more popular as a Namco rep compared to Pacman.

Hell, Klonoa has Pacman on his hat. There you go, Pacman in Smash Bros. Classic Pacman too! Best of both worlds, right? Ha.

Edited by Autosaver

Dude, Ice Climbers. ROB. Game & Watch. Wii Fit Trainer.

Smash takes characters you never cared about and forgot even existed and makes you love them.

None of these are made at the expense of characters that would've fit better, though. I mean, who else other than the Ice Climbers can you pick to rep Ice Climber? The friggin' polar bear in a speedo? And even then we'd be afforded it if Sakurai really wanted to - 3rd parties on the other hand have been notoriously strict, and I'd honestly be surprised if we even got a Namco rep at all when it comes right down to it. So I don't think it's unfair to hope for a character whose applications are a lot more obvious without having to dig into the bottom of the barrel for them (and I think the fact they even needed a mech for Pacman in SFvT is kind of telling how deep you need to dig to make use of it).

How did this become a question of relevancy, anyway? To the best of what I can see nobody is actually suggesting this besides you guys.

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 2

How did this become a question of relevancy, anyway? To the best of what I can see nobody is actually suggesting this besides you guys.

I originally stated in the Skype chat that I don't want Pacman in the game and I don't think his image is good.

Someone later then asked what I was talking about in the chat and I changed it to irrelevancy.

Edit: Speaking of relevancy, I don't think it's relevancy based on time. It's relevancy overall. No matter what you say about Game & Watch or Ice Climbers, they have been relevant to Nintendo and played an importance piece in Nintendo history.

Pac-Man on the other hand has played little. He didn't have anything major on Nintendo platforms from what I'm aware of. Arcade port (I can't remember if this was the shitty Pac-Man port so I'm not even sure if this counts). I feel it's a false equivalence to compare classic Nintendo titles to a modernized arcade classic. As I pointed out before, Game & Watch looks like he was lifted right out of the past. Pacman on the other hand got a total makeover and won't give the same feeling.

I don't necessarily think relevancy is the only reason, it's just one of the reasons.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

*post*

Once again as I said in the chat, Do I have to count the 17 games Pac-man has had across all the Nintendo consoles? It's not like Snake where he only had 2 games and that's it. 

And why does it matter if Pac-Man has his classic or modern design? That's entirely objective. I'd love to see Classic Sonic in Smash, but hey we still got Sonic. I'd love to see LTTP Link in Smash, but hey we still got Link. I'd love to see Super Metroid design Samus in Smash, but hey we still got Samus. You should be damn grateful that your favorite characters are even in the game, much less complain about "why do they have this designnnn I don't like that oneeee"

And you must be out of your mind if you honestly believe Klonoa is more popular and relevant then Pac-Man is.

• Thumbs Up 3

As I said I would not like a Namco guy to be in, as there are many more characters deserving a slot, but irrelevance is well, irrelevant.

Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, ROB, ect haven't done shit but they were still in previous editions and will probably be in this one. (The former two defiantly, but ROB I'm skeptical)

• Thumbs Up 1