Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

X has a completely different body build, though. You'd have to go for something that has the same basic structure and animations, so a helmetless Mega Man would be more workable than X.

X has a completely different body build, though. You'd have to go for something that has the same basic structure and animations, so a helmetless Mega Man would be more workable than X.

I would like to point out that Proto/Breakman has a very similar build to megaman, so I would say he would be workable for the same reason.... it would also be kinda cool to play as him as well

Also the Megaman arcade battle game shows that Protoman or Bass can be used on a very similar base to Megaman

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Yeah if Male Wii Fit Trainer really is an alt, then I am really excited to see how alts are going to be handled this game, since it alone would imply that we could be getting actual physical characters worked in instead of mere palette swaps. I mean now we could be seeing the likes of Daisy and possibly Rosalina acting as alternatives to Peach. We could probably expect the return of Dr. Mario, and hell, maybe even Pichu if the rigging isn't too far off. Then there's the possibility of getting Roll, Protoman, and Bass as alts to Megaman, and maybe even half of Sonic's franchise Shadow, Metal Sonic, hell maybe even Tails, as alternates to Sonic. Dixie as a Diddy alt, Birdo as a Yoshi alt, Dark Everyone suddenly in the game. The possibilities mang

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably won't happen, but OoX/ALBW Link as an alt. for either Link or Toon Link would be really cool. I just want my favorite Link in this. Already disappointed by the Zelda choices in this game :/

Hilda for Zelda

Demise for Ganondorf

Cat Peach for Peach

Female Villager and PKMN trainer

Dr. Mario for Mario

So many possibilities! Although I do wonder what Sonic would get...Shadow? One of those robot things from colors/LW?

Hilda for Zelda

Demise for Ganondorf

Cat Peach for Peach

Female Villager and PKMN trainer

Dr. Mario for Mario

So many possibilities! Although I do wonder what Sonic would get...Shadow? One of those robot things from colors/LW?

Amy for Sonc, since we are doing gender benders as well

Waluigi for luigi?

Stanley for Mario?

how about Impa for Shiek?(though impa could easily be her own character)

That guy on Miiverse has to be joking.

Said Miiverse guy went on to make another nine or so posts protesting it, and then had to nerve to end it on the note of a "one sane man" defense. Trust me, I wish he was joking.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd Rather have Mr. L as a Luigi alt Skin.

But yeah that weirdo on Miiverse can suck it for all I care. Let him stew in his own anger.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

But we have Marth, who can now have a Lucina texture, because of Mr. Fit as well!

Everybody wins! except Hector and Lyn fans

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 5

We can get Dry bowser for bowser.

Peach for daisy

Wario for warioman costume. I want him to have a different smash.

Donkey kong for Funky kong

Don't really want dixie kong to be alt. costume but maybe diddy kong's partner?

also, the ladies now have something to look at now....

I guess this confirms having more than 1 of the same characters in a battle, even though it was going to be back, just showing its the first footage we got on it.

Shouldn't we expect a reveal tomorrow? it's been a month since sonic's reveal. I don't think he went longer than a month to reveal a character

and yes it's possible, peach got  revealed.

Edited by jordine

What would be Sonic's alt?

Would they pull an easy one and recolor him as Shadow or will they do something else?

Shadow and Metal Sonic are likely alts. They're virtually the same height, and the styling of their quills don't have to have their own hurtboxes. Silver and Knuckles fall into this category for the same reasons.

Amy and Tails are a tad shorter, so making them alts would either require hurtbox editing, or the two of them looking rather lanky.

Though, it would be extremely funny to have all of these alts, yet they're all programmed to have Roger as the VA.

Edited by Joshua

What would be Sonic's alt?

Would they pull an easy one and recolor him as Shadow or will they do something else?

Considering what happened in Brawl with his "alts", I actually doubt that they'll give him anything other than different colored/tinted shoes and gloves. From what I've heard, Sega's apparently really stingy with Sonic's specific character design and any alterations thereof.

Considering what happened in Brawl with his "alts", I actually doubt that they'll give him anything other than different colored/tinted shoes and gloves. From what I've heard, Sega's apparently really stingy with Sonic's specific character design and any alterations thereof.

Colours and Lost World have since featured recolours in multiplayer, so it'd come as no surprise if Sega were less uptight about it this time around. Personally, as far as model swaps go I'm not too picky about who gets in, even if it's the likes of Tails. As long as they can already roll themselves, it's enough of a fit for me. =V

See here's the thing, I still don't want to see this whole "representing a different character as an alt" thing.  Male Wii Fit trainer is literally the same character as the female equivalent but with a different gender.  There is nothing different in terms what they do, what they represent, heck even in the Wii Fit game they basically say the same things and have the same personality.  Doing something like Shadow over Sonic on the other hand would be stupid.  Shadow is completely different to Sonic in terms of character.  Not to mention beyond sound clips in order to create a faithful representation of the character you'd have to reanimate him and give him at least a handful of different moves (because let's face it a lot of Sonic's attacks in Smash simply wouldn't look good on Shadow).  Metal Sonic is the same case.  Overall, it would just be unprofessional more than anything.

• Thumbs Up 8

I kind of have to agree with Silent. The best I could see Sonic getting as a alt. is those bot costumes from multiplayer. But I still stand by Zelda having a Hilda costume. That NEEDS to happen.

Well, after all the excitement yesterday, we're back to boring pictures. Fun while it lasted.

I'm just holding out hope we'll see female Villager later.

Well maybe if we wait till daily pic 151 we will get Mewtwo :D

In all seriousness though, I think if rather have a weekly pic or something to reveal like an item, even if it's a returning one, that way the info is still coming regularly and people would know what day to expect it. I'm still hyped for the game but the daily pics are really boring now

"Pic of the day. Kid Icarus: Uprising is now available to download via eShop in Japan. By the way, we gave a makeover to Pit's pose when he's shooting his bow and arrow so it looks sharper. Do note that all images are still in development. This and past pics may be different from the finished product. Thanks for understanding."

pit_s_pose__amp__arrow_by_kareemadeem-d6