Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

You can call it being butthurt all you fucking want to, but the point still stands that Subspace Emissary could have been a lot better and more or less being forced to play it to unlock most of the characters for normal play elsewhere left a bad taste in my mouth.

20 hours is a lot of time to invest into a fighting game and not have all of the playable characters. If you can't really understand that, I don't really know what to say to you.

Edited by Chooch

It wasn't a problem if you were just playing the game blissfully unaware of what characters were even IN the game and how you could unlock them. Mewtwo was actually a big, pleasant   surprise for me.

• Thumbs Up 7

You can call it being butthurt all you fucking want to, but the point still stands that Subspace Emissary could have been a lot better and more or less being forced to play it to unlock most of the characters for normal play elsewhere left a bad taste in my mouth.

SSE isn't great but there's hardly grounds to compare a gameplay mode turning out to be kind of lame to the designer consciously and overtly telling you to get fucked.

20 hours is a lot of time to invest into a fighting game and not have all of the playable characters. If you can't really understand that, I don't really know what to say to you.

20 hours is peanuts compared to how long the game lasts overall, and the time is cut to a fraction if you aren't playing alone. I got Melee on Christmas and had Mewtwo by New Years, and I can't say the wait bothered me one bit.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I guess you can blame me coming from a more traditional fighting game background, but I like to know what characters are playable in a fighting game before I hop into it.

The roster is one of the major aspects that determines how much time I invest into the game if I bother at all so I don't like going in with a whole lot of uncertainty.

The easy way to unlock pretty much everyone was what I most liked about the SSE actually........

The easy way to unlock pretty much everyone was what I most liked about the SSE actually........

Ditto, I HATED unlocking certain characters in Melee, especially Mewtwo.

I liked that too, although when Melee came out I had no idea how to unlock anyone, so it was always a surprise when i did. Hmm maybe they shouldn't tell you how to unlock anyone in game for a couple months? At least the characters that ARENT revealed. Might make it a bit more of a surprise?

I'm going to laugh when Mewtwo comes back and requires 100 hours of VS. to unlock.

Also, while I've grown to enjoy Megatwo Y, I genuinely hope that it's just a Final Smash and not his fuckin' standard form.

Edited by Gyorg Lopez

I know this is probably late, but I'll just say it anyway. If link was to get a alternate costume, we all know we'd want this.

shigerumiyamoto02.jpeg

Come on guys. You know you do.

Problem with classic Sonic is hitboxes. He's a fair bit smaller than modern Sonic and has different proportions (smaller body and legs most notably).

What flies in the face of that excuse is that Male Wii Fit Trainer is clearly taller than Female Wii Fit Trainer in the picture where he appears.

What flies in the face of that excuse is that Male Wii Fit Trainer is clearly taller than Female Wii Fit Trainer in the picture where he appears.

24viavt.jpg

He's barely taller than Miss Fit from what I can see. The body structure is also very similar. It would be less work to change the hitbox on these two compared to 

sonic-9.jpeg

Where the size is dramatically different and the proportions are also radically altered.

• Thumbs Up 9

IIRC Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic were the same height before Generations rolled around. :/

IIRC Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic were the same height before Generations rolled around. :/

Er, no.  Everybody was considerably shorter in the Classic Era.

Edited by Gyorg Lopez

Er, no.  Everybody was considerably shorter in the Classic Era.

I mean by that I recall Adventure/modern Sonic being listed as the same height as classic Sonic (100 cm) prior to Generations.

They would go by what people are most familiar with though. (IE the most current models)Which, as of right now, happens to be Generations. Most people assume CS to be shorter than modern.

It'd be freaky as fuck to have classic and modern Sonic next to each other if they were the same height, due to the difference in proportions.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, given the slight height difference between the two WFTs, they could make Classic slightly shorter if nothing else.

Edited by LimeTH

Number one, that would still look weird if you ask me; and number two, that still leaves out the drastic proportion differences between the two Sonic's.

Rupee Armor Link is such an insignificant cosmetic in the grand scheme of the series that it would look like it was there for the sake of gaudiness.

Mario's Foreman Spike outfit has more relevancy than Super!Link

Mario's Foreman Spike outfit has more relevancy than Super!Link

I wouldn't say that while he's still a member on these boards, comrade.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 4

You can't do many alternate costumes with Link without it looking too similar to his base one.

This is a composite Link after all.

TOON Link on the other hand....

Link_Outset_Clothes.png

• Thumbs Up 3