Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Has there been confirmation that everyone will have alt skins? Or is like brawl where only a few characters had them?

Unfortunately no, but speculating is half the fun of hype.

Just give me the opportunity to play with SS Link, James McCloud, Dark Pit, Classic Link, Protoman, and Dry Bowser skins and I'll be good as far as alt skins are concerned.

Just give me the opportunity to play with SS Link, James McCloud, Dark Pit, Classic Link, Protoman, and Dry Bowser skins and I'll be good as far as alt skins are concerned.

I second these ones! 

vfle1t.jpg

Sonic looks positively Classic in that pose.

Olimar in this pic? Character reveal confirmed later today.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sonic looks positively Classic in that pose.

Olimar in this pic? Character reveal confirmed later today.

I guess i'm not the only one to see the pattern

I was expecting a caption along the lines of "We can't BOTH fit in there!"

I wouldn't hold my breath for a reveal today, but it's neat to see a new item at least.
Has Nintendo announced when the next Direct will be?

I was expecting a caption along the lines of "We can't BOTH fit in there!"

I wouldn't hold my breath for a reveal today, but it's neat to see a new item at least.

Has Nintendo announced when the next Direct will be?

usually they have every 2 months so I guess the next direct will follow around december

Hopefully it's an epic conclusion of the year of luigi. We need at least one more luigi game that could get revealed for next year.

usually they have every 2 months so I guess the next direct will follow around december

Hopefully it's an epic conclusion of the year of luigi. We need at least one more luigi game that could get revealed for next year.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon was confirmed for Wii U a while ago so maybe they'll show that. Another thing might be a Super Luigi DLC for Super Mario 3D Land or New Super Mario Bros. 2. Other than those 2 or a new game, I have nothing to say.

Wait, so if the Hocotate Freight Ship is a new item that functions similarly to Oli's FS in Brawl, does this mean that he'll be getting a new one in Smash 4?

So its basically the Warp Star 2? As long as it can't make me go careening into a bottomless pit after takeoff I'm game.

Its always nice to see new stuff.

Wait, so if the Hocotate Freight Ship is a new item that functions similarly to Oli's FS in Brawl, does this mean that he'll be getting a new one in Smash 4?

I'd love his FS to be a swarm of Pikmin that just kill everything or having another Captain come in and just attack the other players with their pikmin.

I think this bomb didn't originally appeared to be the hoctoship. I don't know. When he said SHAPED, it got me thinking that this item is an shape shifting item that will shape into any items related to any characters battling in the stage. So if it were to something related to Sonic I give a guess that it will shape into rings being scattered like how sonic gets hit and loose his rings.

Edited by jordine

This is kind of a weird thing to talk about, but theres something that beens bothering me about Poke Balls for a long time.

Anyone who has done casual play has gone under the frustration of going for a Pokeball and hoping its gonna be something useful only for it to turn out to be Goldeen. Goldeen pretty much sucks, but theres one other fish Pokemon thats more hated and useless; Magikarp. I mean, Magikarp is famous for being the most useless Pokemon ever, right? Even its Pokedex entries say that! So why is the shit Pokemon in Smash Goldeen? Its really weird.

• Thumbs Up 6

Who needs the Devil Gene when you have the power of the Triforce. I actually wouldnt mind seeing a Tekken rep since Tekken 3 is my first fighting game

Wii U version of Soul Calibur 2 confirmed with Link, jk jk jk

These past few reveals haven't been that "exciting" but seeing a new item is always nice. If they were to reveal a new character sooner or later, I wonder who it will be honestly. After Sonic, Megaman, Villager and the WFT, I don't know who else to expect on Nintendos end.

This is kind of a weird thing to talk about, but theres something that beens bothering me about Poke Balls for a long time.

Anyone who has done casual play has gone under the frustration of going for a Pokeball and hoping its gonna be something useful only for it to turn out to be Goldeen. Goldeen pretty much sucks, but theres one other fish Pokemon thats more hated and useless; Magikarp. I mean, Magikarp is famous for being the most useless Pokemon ever, right? Even its Pokedex entries say that! So why is the shit Pokemon in Smash Goldeen? Its really weird.

It's meant to be an in-joke with the Pokémon animé, if memory serves. Misty's Goldeen had its initial few appearances limited to being utterly useless.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 4

I think this bomb didn't originally appeared to be the hoctoship. I don't know. When he said SHAPED, it got me thinking that this item is an shape shifting item that will shape into any items related to any characters battling in the stage. So if it were to something related to Sonic I give a guess that it will shape into rings being scattered like how sonic gets hit and loose his rings.

It's a bomb that launches into the sky and then, apparently, comes back down randomly to explode.  He more than likely said it was shaped like the Hocotate Ship to make it clear that it isn't the actual Hocotate Ship, as that would have unfortunate implications.

This bothered me ever since the first game too.

It's meant to be an in-joke with the Pokémon animé, if memory serves. Misty's Goldeen had its initial few appearances limited to being utterly useless.

But I'm willing to accept this explanation.

It'd be cool if they added Magikarp though.  I like the idea of Magikarp being so undignified if you touch him he kinda knocks players about a bit like Wobuffet (no damage though, and the distance you're knocked is always tiny, not % influenced).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pic Photo strip of the day.

2gRYi3d.jpg

Photo strip of the day. Plant it, water it, and then timber! It’s high maintenance but totally worth the effort! It needs tactics like never before.

I used to think that the tree attack was Villager’s forward smash, but now I’m thinking it’s one of his specials. Taking care of the tree sort of fits the Animal Crossing spirit, too. I’m not sure how useful it will end up being though since I think most people would have the sense to avoid the tree. On the other hand, it would be funny if you could shake the tree and have a beehive fall out, then have the bees sting your foes.

Defiantly looks like a special. It would be pretty gruesome to have Villager use his axe to physically hit others!

No more gruesome than fighters using swords and other lethal weapons on a regular basis, I'd say.

To this day I still question why they use Goldeen as the useless Pokemon over Magikarp.  Doesn't make any sense.  I hope they fix that but they probably won't.