Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I agree, Magikarp should replace Goldeen.

As long as no one hits the Magikarp several times and it evolves into Gyrarados and rampages over the stage.

Magikarp should spawn, flop for 2 seconds, evolve into a gyroados, and hyper beam randomly.

• Thumbs Up 3

To this day I still question why they use Goldeen as the useless Pokemon over Magikarp.  Doesn't make any sense.  I hope they fix that but they probably won't.

Apparently Goldeen was a 1-hit kill if a player/Cpu hit the horn on its head in some specific way, they removed that in Brawl.

Apparently Goldeen was a 1-hit kill if a player/Cpu hit the horn on its head in some specific way, they removed that in Brawl.

This was never anything but a rumor, I think.

Super Smash Bros. takes cues from the Pokemon anime, and it certainly took cues from it when it was all the rage back in the late 90s and early millennium. Goldeen was the joke Pokemon instead of Magikarp because of it. Beedrill summoned a swarm of Beedrill because of the gang's knack of attracting swarms of them from time to time. Unown performed the same thing in Melee because of the third movie. Togepi uses Metronome because that was Misty's Togepi's signature move, and is why it's still used in Brawl while the signature Metronome user Clefairy was shafted, despite it evolving into Togetic and leaving Misty four years before Brawl was out. Among other things.

The new Pokemon used for Brawl had a bit more identity and quirks that made them work outside of using the anime as influence - Gulpin's bottomless stomach, Lati@s's jet-like properties, but some Pokemon still took to the anime for influence even then - Manaphy's Heart Swap functions just like it did in the 9th movie.

Smash 4 will likely take the same amount of influence from the anime for the Pokemon - If Oshawott, Axew, Stunfisk, and Pansage are not Pokeball Pokemon I'll be stunned - and I wouldn't be surprised if Togepi, Goldeen, Bellossom, Piplup, and Torchic weren't kept in transition to keep the legacy alive.

Edited by Razor Wind
  • Thumbs Up 1

For the moment it looks like Xerneas may be one of the pokeball mons (Or at least it looked like that)

Edited by Monovec

For the moment it looks like Xerneas may be one of the pokeball mons (Or at least it looked like that)

I'm expecting it and Yveltal to appear on a Team Flare's Lab based stage like Dialga and Palkia appeared in that Mt. Coronet stage in Brawl.

The problem with this "theory" is that the pic where Xerneas was shown had a blue sky while in the games they are in a basement. Maybe the stage is Geosenge Town with the ultimate weapon in the background.

If it's anything like Brawl, the current Gen box mascots will be stage hazards, and the previous Gen box mascots will be Pokeball Pokemon.

Gonna love summoning Reshiram and Zekrom and having them Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt everything.

We all know that there is exactly one correct way to implement Magikarp.

8pv7OeK.jpg

I think we all know what Sakurai actually wants.

Magikarp.jpg

He's been spending some time with WFT.

Also I got thinking about it's release date. I'm assuming the next Nintendo Direct will give us a better idea of hen SSB4 releases. The only SSB game I remember coming out Holiday was Melee(although one could argue, Brawl was originally going to be slated for Holiday but due to delays...) Then there's the gaps in release dates between countries. Japan usually gets it first. (However this could be the first time the release dates are fairly close to each other) So April-december imo if those factors are put in seems like a reasonable release window. 

Edited by Goofy

This was never anything but a rumor, I think.

Its not One hit Kill, but it does do damage and a fair bit of knock-back.

daily.jpg

IT SPIKES NOW.

Pic of the day. Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests.

Just keep it there, Sakurai. Other players' fault if they get hit by it, as telegraphed as it is.

Edited by Razor Wind
  • Thumbs Up 2

Young Link had the fire spike in Melee at the hilt of his sword and Marth has his DAir spike.  I doubt this will be too big of an issue unless they've made the rest of Link's moveset ridiculously good as well.

The Pyrosphere stage is quite nice. Obviously not all of the stages are going to be beaming with bright primary colors. Metroid as a franchise generally isn't to begin with.

Although I'm hoping to see more of that other stage they teased. That never got a follow-up.

yaaaaaaaaaaay

brooooooooooooooooown

my favorite coloooooooor

Yet another thing Other M and my stool have in common.

okay okay I'll stop

• Thumbs Up 3

I do wish we'd get a less generic Metroid stage, though :<

Also YAY THEY'RE ACTUALLY BALANCING THE GAME PROPERLY

Frigate_Orpheon.jpg

BrinstarBrawl.jpg

Because those other Metroid stages sure were rainbows of color yeah

Eh, I'd say there's a bit more color variety in them. Also the platforms are more distinct from the background.

• Thumbs Up 1