Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I wish we'd get a Metroid level that isn't lava.

Aside from Parasite Queen shut up.

Lava is the one thing that's most memorable about the entire Metroid series, why would it not be part of the stage? Its a heavy necessity, it really is.

Lava is the one thing that's most memorable about the entire Metroid series, why would it not be part of the stage? Its a heavy necessity, it really is.

Really? Cause I thought it was the fun exploration gameplay and atmosphere...

Metroid has plenty of places that don't contain lava in them, some places just happen to have lots of lava in them.

Edited by -Bisharp-
  • Thumbs Up 1

I...can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

• Thumbs Up 3

There's a lot of memorable locations in the Metroid series that have nothing to do with lava. I would love to see something like Tallon overworld, Phendrana Drifts, or Sanctuary Fortress.

• Thumbs Up 4

You know what would be awesome, and UNDERWATER metroid level with adjusted physics, and certian ability items that can ignore them

There's a lot of memorable locations in the Metroid series that have nothing to do with lava. I would love to see something like Tallon overworld, Phendrana Drifts, or Sanctuary Fortress.

There are a lot of rich environments within the Metroid series to pull from, but they always tend to go for the ones more.. memorable involving lava.. Brinstar or Crateria from Super Metroid would make a good stage.

You know what would be awesome, and UNDERWATER metroid level with adjusted physics, and certian ability items that can ignore them

Dude, don't even joke about that. You might trigger a recurrance of post traumatic stress in Sonic fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

I...can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Joking...in a very serious way.

Edited by Chrononego

You'd think that since exploration is one of the basic elements of Metroid, then they'd translate that into a large, Hyrule: Temple sort of stage.  Nope.  Not at all.  They almost do the exact opposite of that.

I also fail to understand how they came up with the idea of Brinstar being severely flooded with acid.  Out of all the locations of the classic Metroid games, Brinstar is probably the least logical place to have a gimmick like that.

28cnajr.jpg

Marth is back, it would seem, according to GAF. Nothing on the main site though.

I feel like they got "anime faces" better, this time. 

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 4

You'd think that since exploration is one of the basic elements of Metroid, then they'd translate that into a large, Hyrule: Temple sort of stage.  Nope.  Not at all.  They almost do the exact opposite of that.

I also fail to understand how they came up with the idea of Brinstar being severely flooded with acid.  Out of all the locations of the classic Metroid games, Brinstar is probably the least logical place to have a gimmick like that.

There was acid...but it was in the deepest part of Brinstar. The yellow-ish liquid that you use to defeat a mini boss

Edited by Monovec

There was acid...but it was in the deepest part of Brinstar. The yellow-ish liquid that you use to defeat a mini boss

What, you mean Crocomire?  That's in Norfair, dude.  And for the record, I'm not saying there is no acid in Brinstar, just that it's not the freakin' ocean of acid that Smash makes it out to be.

Also, Solly, what do you do when you post the pictures?  I am apparently fucking something up whenever I try.

I guess the "Martha" joke will have to be laid to rest now. I feel like I HAVE to wear a tiara to be manly like Smash 4 Marth there.

Edited by Razor Wind

Also, Solly, what do you do when you post the pictures?  I am apparently fucking something up whenever I try.

Copy the image URL and rehost it into another service. I usually use Tinypic, but there are better ones out there.

I guess the "Martha" joke will have to be laid to rest now. I feel like I HAVE to wear a tiara to be manly like Smash 4 Marth there.

Manly? Look at his dazzling eyes. And his wind-swept hair. And his tender lips- wait, no, NO.

• Thumbs Up 2

Marth looks like it's bringing the sass in Smash 4.

I have a feeling that tumblr are going to go fucking nuts over Marth vs Link in the pretty animu boy manliness department lmao.

Edited by Super Soniko

33vovsy.jpg

Fabulous.

That picture is just perfect. It's hard to put why it is into words, but I think it's pretty self explanatory.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, I guess I'll give it another go tomorrow.

It's interesting that they're still using the original version of Marth.  I was pretty much taking for granted that they would use the Awakening redesign.  And no, I don't mean Lucina.

It's always looked like that in the Fire Emblem series, but for some reason I have a hard time remembering if it was in Smash.

The Falchion has always been that clunky when viewed from the front. The thin sword you're thinking about is Marth's Rapier.

Edited by Razor Wind

Is ZS Samus even in this game? All i've seen is her other M Power suit, no doubt they'll use her high heeled ZS outfit from other M's ending sequence any way if they did.

The Falchion has always been that clunky when viewed from the front. The thin sword you're thinking about is Marth's Rapier.

Was thinking it was a Rapier, wasn't sure if it was though.