Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

No guise it´s not Marth, it´s Lucina with a haircut lolololololo

If they keep the Fire Emblem roast from Brawl maybe Ike will be revealed next? Or maybe...Roy? tongue.png

Edited by Ristar

Holy shit it took me like half a minute looking at Marth's thumbnail to realize that I was looking at it the wrong way and what I thought was his chestplate was actually his shoulder D:

No guise it´s not Marth, it´s Lucina with a haircut lolololololo

If they keep the Fire Emblem roast from Brawl maybe Ike will be revealed next? Or maybe...Roy? tongue.png

It'd be a little silly to bring Roy back, considering after Melee, everyone now expects him to be a clone character, and everyone's always asking for new stuff. I personally think they achieved something more unique and interesting with Ike, and that I'd rather see a new FE: Awakening character. We already have Arena Ferox as a stage, after all. 

Edited by Solly

Marth(Clear).png

main.png

- The gloves no longer have open areas aside from the fingers. They're also all leather.

- His eye pupils are smaller. His face looks all around a tiny bit larger

- His shoulder armor follows along his shoulders now, instead of rigidly hanging up in the air.

- His torso wear goes down to his kneecaps now. It also looks thinner.

- He's wearing two leather belts now instead of one belt with a jewel encrusted on it.

- Sword and scabbard seem unchanged, apart from the Smash 4 scabbard being less detailed.

- His footwear is much more stylized.

All in all, simpler is better.

Edited by Razor Wind

I was already impressed with the new art direction but Marth and Link are definitely my favourites. It's not even any massive changes in design (though Marth's hair does look shorter), they just look so much more stylized. Can't wait to see how they handle Zelda and Ganondorf (which will hopefully happen since most of the characters they've revealed have been veterans)

I'm still gushing over Kirby's design as well even though he's literally just a ball with feet. He looks so much more... huggable. They even got his shade of pink just right!

Am I being a bit obsessive about this

2zsps.jpg

A front and back view of Marth. I think that's the crest of Archanea on his cape there. Was that in Brawl?

Edited by Razor Wind

Pic of the day. We gave Marth a full makeover, giving him design elements from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and newer games.

The image would have worked this time, too.  Dang it.

Yeah, Roy (FE) was never interesting anyway.  Not sure why everyone constantly has nostalgiagasms over him, clamoring for him to be back in Smash.  He hasn't been a relevant character within the series itself since his dad's game (and even then, he only appeared in one still at the end of the game).

That said, we better get fucking Chrom.  He's the perfect mix of serious and actually funny, although I'm unsure of his characterization with the entire (amazingly well-written) roster of FE:A behind him.  So I think the entire roster should be playable in Smash 4.  Yup.

I would personally prefer Lyndis over any other Fire Emblem characters, even Chrom. A new female character that actually has some relevance and uses a katana instead of a traditional sword/greatsword.

Edited by Teoskaven

I would personally prefer Lyndis over any other Fire Emblem characters, even Chrome. A new female character that actually has some relevance and uses a katana instead of a traditional sword/greatsword.

Not since the GBA days she doesn't.

And I wouldn't worry about Google getting a character.  We likely won't get any more 3rd parties.

We need less swordsmen and more spear/axemen.

Edited by 100% Original Wario

Blame my keyboard for that: i get errors like that every day.

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked Roy mostly for the fire effect he had (and I love fire so) but im more than okay with having ike since I like using him and he has a more unique moveset than roy.

Personally I think Lyn would be a better choice as well. Not over Chrom, though; Lyn would be a could choice since she's the very first character Western Audiences got to meet in an actual Fire Emblem game. She'd be a good choice for a THIRD character, and although the series isn't Nintendo's most popular, its big and massive enough that I could easily see Fire Emblem be capable of receiving a third character.

Especially since series' with less of a presence overall have more characters, like Star Fox and Kirby. Star Fox is especially notorious; Fire Emblem at least gets a game every couple years, whereas Star Fox has had a TOTAL of about four games plus TWO REMAKES.

Lyn would be a great choice, but not as good of a choice as Chrom because she serves little relevance now. The only reason Roy served any relevance is because he was the newest Fire Emblem Lord in the series. Lyn was an Assist Trophy in Melee (signifying that even Nintendo think highly of her, as no other FE characters got that close), and she's very recognizable overall.

Personally I think Lyn would be a better choice as well. Not over Chrom, though; Lyn would be a could choice since she's the very first character Western Audiences got to meet in an actual Fire Emblem game. She'd be a good choice for a THIRD character, and although the series isn't Nintendo's most popular, its big and massive enough that I could easily see Fire Emblem be capable of receiving a third character.

Especially since series' with less of a presence overall have more characters, like Star Fox and Kirby. Star Fox is especially notorious; Fire Emblem at least gets a game every couple years, whereas Star Fox has had a TOTAL of about four games plus TWO REMAKES.

Lyn would be a great choice, but not as good of a choice as Chrom because she serves little relevance now. The only reason Roy served any relevance is because he was the newest Fire Emblem Lord in the series. Lyn was an Assist Trophy in Melee (signifying that even Nintendo think highly of her, as no other FE characters got that close), and she's very recognizable overall.

melee had assist trophies?