Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

But it seems they're following a pattern here, with each SSB the FE character from their most recent game is introduced alongside Marth. Roy in Melee, Ike in Brawl and maybe Chrom (or Lucina) in this one. Tbh I prefer one of the secondary characters like Gaius or Vaike.

Hell, I hope FE gets one more character in its roster this time around since the series has become more popular after Awakening.

I'm pretty sick of the fact tha the secondary FE character HAS to be a lord and a swordsmen, its kinda redundant when put next to Marth.

If we do get a secondary character from Awakening I'd like either Tharja or Frederick. Frederick because he's basically fucking invincible  or Tharja because she could bring something cool. Hell, I wouldn't mind if she ended up being a Zelda clone. also personal bias cause i like tharja alot

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 2

also personal bias cause i like tharja alot

You're likely the only straight woman who does

COUGH AHEM

It's rather sad that we're going to be ignoring the wonderful roster of Awakening in favor of its admittedly relatively boring protagonist, but hey, that's the breaks.  In other news, when's the combo Ridley/Mewtwo announcement?

In all seriousness, said announcement would likely move fucking consoles.

Edited by 100% Original Wario

I swear you guys will someday get Ridley in the game and he'll be the lowest tier piece of trash in the game. I'm talking lower than Dan or Roll tier.

Marth looks good, though I'll be sad if Ike doesn't return.

• Thumbs Up 5

I swear you guys will someday get Ridley in the game and he'll be the lowest tier piece of trash in the game. I'm talking lower than Dan or Roll tier.

you shut your fucking mouth you dirty whore

you're right and i fucking know it

• Thumbs Up 1

Frederic's boring. Fuck him.

You know what would be badass? A fucking dance battler. You know who's a fucking dance battler? OLIVIA.

Alternate choices would be Donnel because why the fuck not and Lon qu because he's a badass. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Ridley sounds like exactly the type of character who'd be great in casual play but really shit in competitive play. He'd inevitably be really big and really slow, and while this isn't necessarily bad by itself, combine that with a character who's entirely focused on aerial combat (as he'd inevitably be) and he'd get tossed around like a bitch.

Or his weight could give him an advantage in that he's really hard to knock away, which is bad for ground characters but really great for a character who is, again, amazing in the air. So I guess it could go either way

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Speaking of tiers, wasn't Donkey Kong called OP/really good by the devs when they played? They better not change a thing or I'll murder every single tester if I could but I'll probably just bitch, moan, and buy the game anyway. That's great for me.

Edited by Mr. 0

I'm going to say I'd want Tharja in too as a second FE rep, I mean throw in a FE character who DOESN'T use a weapon, and you could easily conjure Tharja's books as part of a move set, similar to how Peach uses random objects  like pans and golf clubs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Frederic's boring. Fuck him.

You know what would be badass? A fucking dance battler. You know who's a fucking dance battler? OLIVIA.

Alternate choices would be Donnel because why the fuck not and Lon qu because he's a badass. 

tumblr_mip847Ui3W1qzusefo1_500.gif

I know that our Lord and Saviour Donnel would be welcome in Smash 4, at least in my eyes. 

• Thumbs Up 7

>FE12, a remake, includes an Avatar character that didn't really have to be there but was awesome and fit into the FE lore. Avatar concept really meshes well with the growth RNG factor concept with other units.

>FE13 makes the Avatar not only a character again, but also THE most important character in the game. Multiple growth ratios, romances, and classes indicate a firm, permanent place in the Fire Emblem series as a whole.

So, why are we not considering the magic+sword-wielding Robin for Smash yet?

So, why are we not considering the magic+sword-wielding Robin for Smash yet?

Because Robin could be replaced with a floating, talking piece of dry toast and be more interesting of a character.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 1

Because Robin could be replaced with a floating, talking piece of dry toast and be more interesting of a character.

When are people going to realise that how interesting the character is as a character is almost completely irrelevant to how they could potentially be recaptured in Smash.  This is a game with:

1) Characters like Mario who canonically in pretty much everything he's in has displayed almost no character whatsoever barring extremely basic emotions.

2) Characters like Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers who never really even had much of a character prior to their Smash debut.

Honestly a character with the dynamic of being able to use both a sword and magic is interesting in itself.  Though honestly I feel it's more important to use characters that work as faces to the series (hence why typically people think of Lords and why I personally feel Tharja is a rather lame choice).

• Thumbs Up 7

When are people going to realise that how interesting the character is as a character is almost completely irrelevant to how they could potentially be recaptured in Smash. 

In games I like, I like to play as characters I like. It's a weakness of mine, I know, but it still is something I see as rather pivotal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Popularity is a huge factor. Robin isn't very popular compared to the other characters in awakening. Especially compared to the likes of Tharja and Lucina.

• Thumbs Up 1

Popularity is a huge factor. Robin isn't very popular compared to the other characters in awakening. Especially compared to the likes of Tharja and Lucina.

Who was Roy before Smash?  Almost nobody in the west would give a shit about Roy if it weren't for him being in Melee barring the handful of hardcore FE fans.  Smash in itself makes characters popular.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who was Roy before Smash?  Almost nobody in the west would give a shit about Roy if it weren't for him being in Melee barring the handful of hardcore FE fans.  Smash in itself makes characters popular.

Roy got in because he didn't take much effort and it was easy advertisement for another game. Robin doesn't have either of those benefits.

Roy got in because he didn't take much effort and it was easy advertisement for another game. Robin doesn't have either of those benefits.

No but what Robin has a bit more over Tharja is the fact that they're actually significant in the game they're in.  Lucina and Chrom are of course the absolute faces of the game but Robin is in close second.  Tharja is a random character that happened to gain popularity due to the fact that she's a combination of super weird and twisted amongst the cast and her "outfit" (which I don't personally see how they accumulate to an actual likeable character).  Heck even as a potential playable character there's nothing she really does that any other dark magic user can't do.  Almost every major villain of the series is a dark magic unit, and if you wanted a magic unit in general there's Micaiah who actually serves as a significant character to her game.

Point I'm trying to get at is popularity of the character isn't as nearly as prominent a factor as you're letting on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Tharja is popular because of the goddamn booty. I can't see anyone liking almost any of the characters in that game for their dry as fuck personalities. 

Characters don't have to popular to be in SSB. I doubt people were clamoring for the inclusion of guys like ROB, Pit, or Mr. Game and Watch but there they are. What's more important seems to be a.) whether the development team likes a character, or b.) whether or not Nintendo need to promote a new game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pit

Actually the way I remember it, Pit had quite some demand around the time Brawl was due. Hell, looking back on the E3 teaser, you can tell he got a pretty big reaction out of the crowd when he actually was revealed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQJpP8M7XA

('scuse the crappy audio quality. Might want to turn your volume down first)

Not arguing with your actual point or anything. Just food for thought.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't see anyone liking almost any of the characters in that game for their dry as fuck personalities. 

*weakly raises hand*

• Thumbs Up 6