Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Sonic?

Brawl was literally the last game that came out

Edited by Smoky Progg

The last newcomer announcement was WFT. Everyone else has been a veteran thus far. They're obviously getting most/all the veterans out of the way first to save the huge, newcomer announcements for closer to the release/for E3/TGS/conventions.

So far we only have 3 newcomers: WFT, Villager and Megaman. And Megaman is IMO the most exciting one, and it was done on E3. WFT and AC Villager were both also done at E3, so yeah, all the newcomers thus far were special event announcements.

Edited by Shade Vortex

I think its better to save newcomers. not trying to get overly excited just to remind myself its coming probably next fall which is a whole year,  The earliest I think August, thats my guess.

I think its better to save newcomers. not trying to get overly excited just to remind myself its coming probably next fall which is a whole year,  The earliest I think August, thats my guess.

They're gonna have a hell of a hard time holding hype if they wait THAT long before revealing anything actually new, newcomer or not.

• Thumbs Up 2

They're gonna have a hell of a hard time holding hype if they wait THAT long before revealing anything actually new, newcomer or not.

There are a lot of people(like me) who get hyped just seeing the new designs and tweaks for the veterans, so really they could hold out for a fair bit longer if they wanted too.

• Thumbs Up 4

latest being E3 2014.

My bet is the newcomer reveal would be somewhere around spring

Seeing veterans with their new looks always gets me excited, Sonic being the most excited. 

A fair bit of people really want shadow to join the battle on Miiverse, and some really nice drawings of him too.

I imagine his reveal being similar to villager, Shadow is at the G.U.N base and a G.U.N. soldier approaches to shadow saying "Mail for Shadow the hedghog" 

Buuuuut his appearance is Low

A fair bit of people really want shadow to join the battle on Miiverse, and some really nice drawings of him too.

A lot of people on Miiverse want a lot of things. They request these things to Sakurai all the time in between bouts of paint sniffing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Whoops, read that wrong. I read that as last character announcement. Of course I know he was in Brawl.

A lot of people on Miiverse want a lot of things. They request these things to Sakurai all the time in between bouts of paint sniffing. 

I mentioned shadow mostly about drawings people have done, and post it in the smash bros community

Some has Sonic taunting shadow returning to smash lol.

2lawvpi.jpg

Either sitting from a trip or from its Brawl Dtaunt, but either way, its arms look weird from that posture.

Edited by Razor Wind

The d-taunt from Brawl didn't go through a sitting position. Its most likely tripping postion, since nothing else in the game besides D-attack(tripping)would cause that.

Okay den...then it would have to be him getting hit by a D-attack and that pretty much induced the tripping position anyway...it made them fall down.

Did Sakurai say that all forms of tripping were gone or did he just say random tripping is gone? I wouldn't mind having some attacks(like dtilts) trip opponents.

The problem with that is that it can lead to ridiculously easy infinites, because you can just keep using one attack to re-trip them the moment they get back to their feet. Even with Diddy it was still kind of a problem because limited though they were, the peels were easy enough to abuse that it made him really difficult to approach without lending the little bastard free hits. I'm glad enough that random tripping is still gone, but if Sakurai scrapped the entire mechanic I could literally not give less of a fuck.

EDIT: Oops, thought this was the 3D World topic for some reason.

But either way, Mario is the flagship franchise, I don't see why he couldn't get at least one more rep. Although I would like for some more lonely characters to get some fellow reps like say F-Zero maybe...

Edited by Xenos

Why does there need to be a rule for the amount of playable characters again...?

Because Mario's main cast is already in, and there are only so many slots for playable characters.  It's not like Mario's underrepresented, or even close to it.

If Sakurai wants to give Mario a fifth rep, then I'd be happy to see Zelda's fifth rep as well.  Hell, let's just take out Samus and Wario so we can give Mario and Zelda more reps.  Those are the only Nintendo games anyone likes anyway.

Hell, let's just make this Mario vs. Zelda vs. Pokemon.

Edited by 100% Original Wario