Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

If any mario character comes, we should get Daisy in her sporty  outfit. With moves that come various sports.

Edited by jordine

If any mario character comes, we should get Daisy in her sporty  outfit. With moves that come various sports.

Please no.  She's almost as irrelevant to the main series as Waluigi and has no where near the level of zany charm.

• Thumbs Up 3

The tripping position from getting Down-attacked or Side-attacked only depends on the distance the attack is from you...its not possible to chain it either since its also random and being at higher damage(below 50%)makes it more likely to happen. The only character who has the possibility of chaining this is Zelda D-Attack.

Please no.  She's almost as irrelevant to the main series as Waluigi and has no where near the level of zany charm.

At least with Waluigi, you can always add another Yoshimitsu-esque character to the roster.

I still wonder why nintendo just have waluigi be in the warioware games and Daisy in luigi's game, instead of saving mario.

oh well. 

I still wonder why nintendo just have waluigi be in the warioware games and Daisy in luigi's game, instead of saving mario.

oh well. 

Because, let's be honest, Waluigi would overshadow everyone else in sheer beauty and charisma. Yes, that goes for Daisy's game as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Pic of the day. A new stage, Mario Galaxy!! The pull of gravity emanates from the center of the planet, so this will require using brand-new tactics."

You wanted The Comet Observatory for the Galaxy stage?

Too bad, you're getting everything BUT that.

You can't have a Galaxy stage without the planetoid gravity mechanic!

Edit: T-There's a second pic?

p10uopN.jpg

"Here's what happens when you stand by the edges. Vertical jumps and getting hit upward will shoot you up diagonally."

Edited by w00tkins
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pikachu what are you even doing here.

I feel like the gravity mechanic is gonna lead to weird stuff. Fun, but weird.

Edited by Razor Wind

It was only a matter of time before a Mario Galaxy stage entered the fray. Now I'm interested in how this will change the game.....when played on the stage. 

You wanted The Comet Observatory for the Galaxy stage?

Too bad, you're getting everything BUT that.

It looks like different stuff will fly past in the background as the planet moves through space, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Comet Observatory in there as well.

The Comet Observatory wasn't a particularly good representation of Galaxy anyway. This is the better route; a completely round planetoid with the gravity pulling you towards the inside. The Comet Observatory's physics would be "just another stage."

Sure, the Observatory is the HUB world of Mario Galaxy, but it doesn't change the fact that its pretty much the only location that doesn't utilize the planetoid mechanics of the game whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 1

That stage looks beautiful, with all that color and brightness: also, i wonder if the Mario Galaxy theme will be remixed or keeped as it is.

Part of my excitement for this reveal is quelled by the fact this stage appears to have walk-off edges. One would hope you'd be able to circle the entire planetoid, but even from here it looks big enough that I'd be surprised if the camera could zoom out that far.

Sure, the Observatory is the HUB world of Mario Galaxy, but it doesn't change the fact that its pretty much the only location that doesn't utilize the planetoid mechanics of the game whatsoever.

This begs the question of whether Mario Galaxy 2's hub would work better, but I just don't give a damn about the gravity gimmick in Smash to be honest. Besides a mild perspective screw it doesn't really seem to offer much for the game, especially if the crest of the planetoid shown is the whole playable area, and I'd easily take the Observatory over that. At least out of that you'd get more than two platforms and a large flat (well, relatively speaking of course) surface yet again.

EDIT: Actually, let me rephrase that. If it's possible to side-smash somebody into several actual revolutions through the planetoid's gravitational pull, I'll take back literally everything I just said. If there's ANY way to make walk-off edges work, making them wrap around into each other would be the best way to do it.

Edited by Blacklightning

That stage looks beautiful, with all that color and brightness: also, i wonder if the Mario Galaxy theme will be remixed or keeped as it is.

Either way, I'm already moist, though a Super Mario Galaxy remix (which is pretty much inevitable) will make me galactic-level moist.

• Thumbs Up 7

So do you actually travel to different areas on the Galaxy stage or is it just background scenery?

That does happen...in the fan-game based on SSB...No one knows yet for this one(except the developers).

Edited by Chrononego

Hell yeah! I've been looking forward to this and I'm not disappointed. It looks gorgeous and I'm eagerly awaiting to hear the remixes! And y'know, I was expecting it to be a planetoid just because I think the Observatory wouldn't be right for a brawler stage. Dunno why.

Holy shit this stage looks amazing!

I'm probably nuts, but I think they might be setting up for a Rosalina reveal. They show her off as a playable character in SM3DW and a Galaxy themed stage in Smash a week before SM3DW is supposed to come out? With every possible veteran that could be shown the day that game is released already revealed?

Then again, they didn't do anything for Pokemon X and Y, so I'm most likely grasping straws.

Holy shit this stage looks amazing!

I'm probably nuts, but I think they might be setting up for a Rosalina reveal. They show her off as a playable character in SM3DW and a Galaxy themed stage in Smash a week before SM3DW is supposed to come out? With every possible veteran that could be shown the day that game is released already revealed?

Then again, they didn't do anything for Pokemon X and Y, so I'm most likely grasping straws.

Probably no reveal for her but she still has her chance of joining the roster.

p10uopN.jpg

oh god

dat mario and luigi series bowser pose

If Rosy's in I quit.

Edited by 100% Original Wario