Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

It's time for an all out attack!

And here I though Sakurai was teasing a gameplay video of these guys duking it out.

*sigh*

I'm hoping for a City escape level.

And the G.U.N truck Smash some stuff in the background.

They could make you battle on top of the truck.

That stage or Starlight carnival.

Edited by jordine

I'm hoping for a City escape level.

And the G.U.N truck Smash some stuff in the background.

Given that Sonic is a guest fighter, let's be glad he made it out with any stage at all, comrade.

Given that Sonic is a guest fighter, let's be glad he made it out with any stage at all, comrade.

Did you forget about windy hill being a stage?

and it's IF they add a second sonic stage.

Edited by jordine

Even the third parties in Brawl got one stage and one assist trophy in addition to the playable character and their collectable trophies and stickers. I daresay that Snake and Sonic actually got better treatment than some of the first parties selected for Brawl, and it's really no surprise when you consider it that they got a stage to call their own.

Did you forget about windy hill being a stage?

I don't think anyone even remotely suggested this isn't still a thing.

2enn7nm.jpg

Lubba's piloting the Starship Mario.

Is that a planet from Good Egg Galaxy that the ship is cruising by?

Edited by Razor Wind
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lubba's piloting the Starship Mario.

Is that a planet from Good Egg Galaxy that the ship is cruising by?

Maybe the battle area were you battle dino petey piranha i think.

My theory was gone in dust, oh well, It's nice to see a bunch of things in the sky tho.

Edited by jordine

See: Snake, Sonic and Mega Man's first Smash stages all representing the most iconic location from their first game (well okay, MM's Mega Man 2 but that is justified as hell).

Metal_Gear.jpg

How in anyway is Metal Gear Solid the first game in the series? Solid Snake debuted in 1987 on the MSX2 Home computer in Europe and Japan and made his debut in North America on the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). Do not start calling Metal Gear Solid his second installment for Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is the second installment and please do some research or have a link cited before you start making pretentious claims.    

...pretentious claims? Huh?

Metal Gear Solid is the first game in that franchise that a lot of people played. There's a reason why most of the games after Solid were designated as sequels to Solid specifically, not to the original Metal Gear. Shadow Moses Island has a more distinctive look and would be familiar to more people than anything from the first two Metal Gears. It was put in because it was iconic, not as advertising for a new game. That's all Jez was saying.

• Thumbs Up 5

Metal_Gear.jpg

How in anyway is Metal Gear Solid the first game in the series? Solid Snake debuted in 1987 on the MSX2 Home computer in Europe and Japan and made his debut in North America on the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). Do not start calling Metal Gear Solid his second installment for Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is the second installment and please do some research or have a link cited before you start making pretentious claims.    

Wow what crawled up your backside and died.  I was aware of Metal Gear's basic history prior to Solid, but not being a Metal Gear player I think it's a forgivable slip of the memory considering the Solid Snake in Brawl is clearly based off his MGS portrayal.  I'll also follow-up by saying using MGS to represent him is justified in the same way as I said using MM2 to represent Mega Man is.

Octarine already answered for me but tell you what I'll go look up Metal Gear stuff and you go look up what pretentious means because I'm pretty sure "incorrect" would have sufficed.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I kinda hope we get genderswaps for Pokémon Trainer like Wii Fit Trainer does.  I mean actually if they can remodel a character that actually fights I'd be seriously surprised/disappointed if we DON'T get a female Pokémon Trainer as an option considering their animations are completely inconsequential and don't need to connect/handle the same between characters.

Serena's a cutie but I'd be fine with Hilda or Rosa too.  Coz you know... shorts.  C8

I'd like to see the Grass/Water/Fire swapped around evolution-wise though.  I mean (forgive me I don't know their names), Grassy Guy there is like his least dignified form lol.  If it were up to me I'd PROLLY go for Grass being the third evolution and fire water being 1st and 2nd... Fire's 2nd evolution with the lil fire stick is adorable but at the same time Fennekin was the most popular 1st evolution so might be better to have that as the fire one, and second evolution for water.

Edited by JezMM

^I have a better idea, instead of having each of them at a set evolution stage, maybe they start the battle in their first stage and then evolve during gameplay at anytime by pressing L+B(block then special attack) that way they'll be 9 different characters instead of 3 unlike Brawl's PKMN trainer.

Edited by Classic Fan

^I have a better idea, instead of having each of them at a set evolution stage, maybe they start the battle in their first stage and then evolve during gameplay at anytime by pressing L+B(block then special attack) that way they'll be 9 different characters instead of 3 unlike Brawl's PKMN trainer.

They'd have to make 9 seperate Character's each with their own moveset all for one place on the roster...that's really unneccessary and a waste of development time.

Edited by Chrononego

As unlike as it is, i'm hoping they'll drop Jigglypuff for Meowth, i mean Meowth was originally going to be playable in 64. How could a Pokemon as irrelevant as Jigglypuff become a regular in SSB while Meowth a Pokemon who even after 17 years, managed to remained fairly popular in Japan, only appeared as a assist character in Melee and Brawl despite almost making the cut for the first game?

Edited by The Cheap90'sCGiFMVMan
  • Thumbs Up 2

Because Jigglypuff is pretty much the secondary mascot for the series in Japan?

it is? if thats true we would of been seein it in the anime from time to time

Metal_Gear.jpg

The impression I'm getting from your post is that you jumped at the very moment someone made a mistake in their claim and utilized every ounce of effort to make them look like an idiot, not in a friendly gesture to correct them but to make yourself look superior by knowing something they don't. This is not a healthy attitude to have on the boards and I suggest you take that shit elsewhere.

I don't think you know what the word pretentious means, by the way.

• Thumbs Up 2

smash_bros_whiteboard.jpg?w=604

This is an image of a whiteboard drawing Sakurai's team made a few weeks after the collaboration with Namco was announced. Of these characters shown, only Meta Knight, Wario, Game and Watch, and Mr. Saturn have yet to be revealed to be in the game (excluding ZSS, whose armored counterpart is in the game).

Ordinarily, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But with Marth, who isn't really the first person one would think would be in Smash 4, being in the image and also recently confirmed for the game, it does give a bit of credence to the idea that MK and Wario are coming back.

And even if this picture means nothing, it's still sweet to look at. Luigi's character art in Smash 4 is even identical to his pose in this picture, so there's that.

Edited by Razor Wind