Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

"Pic of the day. (The back of neck sure feels warm...)"

Luigi likes the blue boys.

Edited by Razor Wind

Oh goddamn it. 

Not only is there no character reveal, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell that picture even.

"Pic of the day. (The back of neck sure feels warm...)"

Luigi likes the blue boys.

Finally, Sakurai understands what I want in a game.

LuigixAnything intimacy.

AHAHAHAYES NO MARIO REVEAL

Edited by 100% Original Wario
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly hoping they tone down on the character reveals since there's still so much time left until release. Don't even care if they hold off veteran characters, maybe spend more time sprinkling out new items or stages or features or something instead of just roster. It's just I feel at this rate we'll either have most of them revealed early on and nothing to chew on later, or the roster is fucking huge lmao.

Also if anything other veterans can be revealed later as well. Could totally see "Zelda" being announced as returning after some new Wii U Zelda game is shown off at E3, amongst other things *shrugs*.

• Thumbs Up 1

Luigi is obviously sniffing a whiff of Marth's fabulous strawberry-scented conditioner.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Oh I'm sorry were you expecting Zelda or Ganon?

Oh goddamn it. 

Not only is there no character reveal, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell that picture even.

You guys do realize that TLOZ:ALBW comes out on December 26th in Japan, right? If Sakurai's going to do a character reveal to coincide with the release of the game, it's gonna be when it comes out over there.

*Sigh* well I had suspicion their wouldn't be anything major today, we still didn't get any Pokemon news past the Xerneas teaser either.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-new-smash-is-more-fun-than-brawl-and-melee

"At this point, the new Smash Bros. is fun, more so than Melee or Brawl. However, we have to work to keep things dynamic and not over-fine-tune the balance. If we aim for complete fairness, there won't be any personality to it. By the way, I almost always win in these battles. I'm no wimp at this by now, apparently." – Masahiro Sakurai

Bold claim from Sakurai, now to hope it rings true.

• Thumbs Up 5

Part of me feels I should be somewhat annoyed about this... but he's already scrapped random tripping and increased the hitstun to workable levels, and as far as Brawl was concerned those were the two main elephants in the room holding it back. So I guess I can't complain that much. Now if they could dial back randomly exploding capsules and not spawn explosive items directly in front of someone charging an attack (yes, I'm convinced Brawl does this deliberately) I'd be pretty much set.

Ugh, I just turned Bob-ombs permanently after I lost a game because there was a Bob-omb hiding behind a Nintendog, waiting for the perfect time to walk out and blow me off the map (we were both waiting at opposite sides of the map until it went away - proper fighting etiquette, y'know?)

Melee featured a Marth who had a longer grab range than King Dedede, a Jigglypuff who kills at 10% when she lands an appropriate move to setup, a Fox and Falco with Frame 1 Shines and godly kill strength, a Roy who can't do a single thing against anyone who knows how to crouch cancel, a Kirby that can't do anything period, and a Pichu who is literally self-destructive. This game is not balanced at all, and yet is still cherished to this day, as Project M clearly shows.

So if anyone looks at that "no personality" line and claims it as evidence that Smash 4 will be a casualfest, then I don't know what to say.

• Thumbs Up 9

Yeah fr all the things Melee did better than Brawl, balancing really wasn't one of them, although I'd say Brawl's more balanced characters was more to do with the watered down mechanics than anything else, and it was still horribly balanced regardless

• Thumbs Up 1

Kind of interested to see how this game turns out now that he's said that, hope we get an updated trailer soon.

All I remember is Pikachu spamming one or two moves.

Pikachuuu pikachuuu pikachuuu

Christ that was annoying. Luckily it was a self-induced disadvantage - I was resolutely determined to shut the damn thing up at all costs.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope he increases the AI difficulty, because even Brawl's Level 9 computer players were laughably easy. Although it was annoying how they had the mentality of "ignore other cpu players, always fight and follow the human players."

• Thumbs Up 2

Awesome!  I really hope he can deliver with with that statement!

As much shit as people give Brawl, and praise given to Melee, I can say that there's plenty I like about Brawl/dislike about Melee.  Having a game I could just straight-up love without wanting to switch between installments would be amazing.

Basically, from Melee, the fast-pacing and Mewtwo, and from Brawl, the not-horrible art-style (although it's still plenty muddy and "real") and not every other character being a clone.

And Project M Wario.

I can't even bring myself to play Melee anymore ever since Brawl came out. For the seven years I've played Melee up until Brawl got into my hands, I just could not find a character I enjoyed playing as. It wasn't until after Brawl was announced that I found and stuck with the Ice Climbers.

Melee is a great game and has a lot of things going for it, but it's roster is honestly quite weak, in both selection and balance.
Every character I liked to play as from the 64 game was nerfed to absolute uselessness (Pikachu, Kirby, Luigi), the new characters that I actually found interesting were similarly uselessly weak, disadvantaged, or just not that fun to play (Mewtwo, Bowser, Mr. G&W, Pichu), there were too many clones and actually powerful characters like Fox were, to me, boring to play as.

Brawl on the other hand, not only had tons of new, interesting, fun to play characters, but it buffed the useless returning characters from Melee and made them fun again. Now I don't even have a true main. I switch every match.

• Thumbs Up 3

Fox and his passel of clones are easily the most boring characters in Smash.

It's not even just that everyone and their grandma overplays him and I'm sick of seeing him everywhere. Fox in general just isn't fun to play as and neither are his clones.