Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Wolf is the most interesting of the three, just on virtue that he's the only one that actually makes reference to the fact that he's a fucking animal and not every space pilot ever, but the fact that he's STILL a B-clone is facepalm worthy.  Sakurai was so close to make an entirely new character, a Star Fox one, no less, but then was like "NO, GIVE HIM A BLASTER, REFLECT, AND LANDMASTER.".

Wolf's blaster functions completely differently from Fox's, though

I play without Smash Balls so Final Smashes are irrelevant to me

That Blaster, Reflect, and Landmaster are standard Starfox iconography. I would have been shocked if Wolf DIDN'T have variations of those three moves, rival or not.

As for his animalish nature, most of the rest of the guy's moveset has him using his claws and blunt kicks. He's much more direct, and doesn't go for any flashy choreography like Fox and Falco do.

Fox spin kicks and Falco spins his beak for their Fair? Nah, Wolf will just stick his arm out.

Fox and Falco spin and use their tails for Dtilt? A simple kick from Wolf will suffice.

Fox and Falco drill kick in their Dair? Wolf's going for the slam dunk.

Fox and Falco take forever and a day to flashily charge up their UpBs? Wolf doesn't have time for that, he's already gone.

And others.

Oh no, the Landmaster thing is stupid, it just doesn't bother me because I never use them anyway

The Arwing is far more iconic than the Landmaster anyway so why didn't they go with that?

It should've at least been Falco's FS; hell, even he objects to it when using his FS.

Wolf's should've been the rest of his squad shooting up the stage.

I would've gone with a Smart Bomb as a final smash, had Sakurai not already turned it into an item. =\

How about an Arwing Airstrike from the rest of the team?

What bothers me about Fox is that his series isn't relevant anymore (sorry Starfox fans, I like the series too but...it's true) yet in Brawl he gets two extra reps, the same amount as the popular pinku puff Kirby! Hopefully, we can scrap either Falco or Wolf and go back to just two like in Melee. And like Wario mentioned, they're boring to play as and all have the same FS. >>

• Thumbs Up 2

What bothers me about Fox is that his series isn't relevant anymore (sorry Starfox fans, I like the series too but...it's true) yet in Brawl he gets two extra reps, the same amount as the popular pinku puff Kirby! Hopefully, we can scrap either Falco or Wolf and go back to just two like in Melee. And like Wario mentioned, they're boring to play as and all have the same FS. >>

"Per'snally, I prefer the ai'!"

Taking into account what CSS suggested, that kind of variety in their Final Smashes would be the best.

Say what you will about Sakurai's laziness but I don't get this nonsense about Star Fox characters being "boring to play." If we wanna talk about dull characters I think we need to look at grandpa Ganon's move set before anyone else.

• Thumbs Up 2

...Kirby really isn't all that popular.

Hell, I don't recall the UK even getting his most recent games, or at least I'm nigh-certain we didn't get Super Star Ultra. Hunted that game for three years, never bloody found it.

Well, Germany got Superstar Ultra, so I highly doubt the UK didn't get it. We didn't get the Dream Collection, though.

But yeah, I think Kirby sells pretty badly over here.

...Kirby really isn't all that popular.

Hell, I don't recall the UK even getting his most recent games, or at least I'm nigh-certain we didn't get Super Star Ultra. Hunted that game for three years, never bloody found it.

The game did come out in the UK but not until September 2009, a whole year later! Other Kirby games after that however came out either a couple of months or just a month after the US/Japanese release.

It is true that Kirby doesn't sell well in Europe, but he's still popular enough everywhere else to have a lot more games under his belt compared to Starfox whose games I can count on one hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wolf is cool.Hhe's a villain which is always interesting, and he has just enough tweeks to make him seem different from Fox. If they changed him some more he could be his own thing.

Falco can fuck right off though, seriously.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've never cared about Wolf as a character, Falco has always been my fave of the Star Fox cast.

However, yeah Wolf has more than earned his place in the franchise if a Star Fox character is to be axed.

Star Fox doesn't really need more than two characters, and as much as I hate to admit it, I think they'd be better off axing Falco than Wolf. Wolf allows the series to have more villain characters. Krystal would make for an excellent moveset using her staff and the attacks Fox used in Adventures, but I can't see that happening until the series actually has relevance as a whole. Which won't happening until they start making more games.

All we honestly need is fox if all the others are going to be slightly better clones.

Except Wolf can barely even be called a Fox clone in the first place

Except Wolf can barely even be called a Fox clone in the first place

and yet for some reason alot people seem to get the misconception that he is, something that has always baffled me and one of those "this doesn't make sense even if you tried to make it make sense" things.

But on a different note, I don't think any of the star fox characters are going to be axed (heck if they didn't do it in brawl I don't think it will happen here) and I think relevancy is hardly a thing to be called into question here for whether they keep any of them or not as stated before jigglypuff hasn't appeared in the anime for a looooonng time and she still is a character in these so writing a character off because of relevancy is pointless.

I hate playing as Fox and Falco solely because of their air speed.

You'd think two experts in high-speed space piloting - one of whom is a bird, no less - would have sky high air mobility. But nope, Fox is chugging along with Dedede and Luigi in air maneuverability, and Falco isn't much better.

When it comes to my character preference, I've got to have the ability to move in the air just as much as I can on the ground, if not better. Either by air speed alone, like with Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Bowser, DK, and Wario, or with a move that augments his air movement, like Sonic's Spin Dashes. If I can't have that, no dice.