Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Hmm, I'd say fox's air speed is pretty good in melee since you could basically be on the ground and back up in a mere second ditto for falco.

Does anybody think that there's a chance Ganon could get replaced with Demise in this game?

Gosh I hope not.

If Smash 4 fails to meet expectations, what are the chances of a Smash 4 version of Project M?

We'd have to crack the Wii U first, but I imagine that whether everyone loves it or not we'll probably still see a melee mod or two.

We'd have to crack the Wii U first, but I imagine that whether everyone loves it or not we'll probably still see a melee mod or two.

Is it even possible to hack the Wii U? i thought Wii U updates prevented that?

I hope Navi is an assist trophy and she spams saying "Hey!" and "Listen!" while flying like a maniac around the screen which makes the opponents cover their ears in agony, while they can't move.

I'd really much rather an Adam Malkovich trophy which de-authorizes everyone else's special moves. Including recoveries, if one were to be so evilly inclined. >=)

• Thumbs Up 3

Assist trophies should actually help you rather annoying the living shit out of everyone including the person who released it. No more Ressetti, Nintendogs and Devil, please.

• Thumbs Up 2

Assist trophies should actually help you rather annoying the living shit out of everyone including the person who released it. No more Ressetti, Nintendogs and Devil, please.

What kind of player is happy with the randomness of items yet not happy with the rare chance of a backfire?  I have no problem at all with the all-harming Assist Trophies myself.  Only thing that ever pisses me off is COMPLETE reversal of item benefit, such as stopwatches randomly slowing you down and leaving everyone else at regular speed.

• Thumbs Up 4

such as stopwatches randomly slowing you down and leaving everyone else at regular speed.

Or worse, the Lightning Bolt shrinking only you, or making your opponents bigger. =(

I actually kind of like those cause it gives you that "do I wanna risk it with this or not" situation unless you accidently happen to get one while attacking.

I guess part of the frustration is the force of habit when going to get them. When they appear on the field my first instinct is to dive right for them because they seem to imply something good will happen.

Unlike Pokeballs which sometimes just give you a useless Pokemon once in a while the assist trophy actually hinders you on occasion.

Sounds like a lot of specific coding for the dozens of assist trophies that can otherwise be solved by turning them off completely and leaving it at that.

Unlike Pokeballs which sometimes just give you a useless Pokemon once in a while the assist trophy actually hinders you on occasion.

Thing is though, no Assist Trophies actually put you at a disadvantage.  They either work in your favour or put everyone at equal disadvantage.  Devil affects the other players just as much as it affects you.

The only one that doesn't affect you equally is Tingle's zoom in effect, but even then while that puts you at a disadvantage, it puts everyone at an even worse one so yeah.

Sounds like a lot of specific coding for the dozens of assist trophies that can otherwise be solved by turning them off completely and leaving it at that.

Are you actually kidding me? This is absolutely petty work as far as programming is concerned. The framework for an item list is already there, just add a sub-menu for Pokeball and Trophy assists and that's basically job done.

Even as far as ingame coding is concerned they've been able to single out specific Pokemon for summoning as early as freakin' Melee (specifically, the Legendary Pokemon event) - literally the only thing that's missing is a GUI to control it with.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty sure they can make it happen I always wanted to turn off nintendogs, the devil resetti and any other useless assistant or pokemon.

I want Shadow to actually freeze time and not slow it down, Shadow is just like the stop watch except shadow will always help whoever released him.

I hate stopwatch

If there's a need for a new Zelda rep that is Ghirahim!

No.

No no no no no no no no no.

1. Zelda's probably not getting another rep.  It'll be Link, Zelda, Ganondorf/Ganon, and Toon Link, just like last time.

2. Ghirahim is fuckin' gay.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-new-smash-is-more-fun-than-brawl-and-melee

Bold claim from Sakurai, now to hope it rings true.

I don't know exactly was this means but apparently it has people on Eventhubs burning up with some of them going as far as  saying "SSB4 will be as irrelevant as Brawl" or "Someone needs to do a Project M for SSB4".

I don't know exactly was this means but apparently it has people on Eventhubs burning up with some of them going as far as saying "SSB4 will be as irrelevant as Brawl" or "Someone needs to do a Project M for SSB4".

At this point, I think anything that comes out of Sakurai's mouth is going to tick off some splinter group.

Sakurai likes cats? Jeesh, why not just name it Super Smash Bores already LOL!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know exactly was this means but apparently it has people on Eventhubs burning up with some of them going as far as  saying "SSB4 will be as irrelevant as Brawl" or "Someone needs to do a Project M for SSB4".

Honestly, I can't but help but feel embarrassed when I see stuff like this. This behavior just reflects so poorly on the fanbase as a whole, as if its reputation of being nothing but "'stop having fun' guys" is justified.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure they can make it happen I always wanted to turn off nintendogs, the devil resetti and any other useless assistant or pokemon.

I want Shadow to actually freeze time and not slow it down, Shadow is just like the stop watch except shadow will always help whoever released him.

I hate stopwatch

Or better yet, he can do stuff like fire Chaos Spears or Chaos Blast everyone off of the stage. I hate it when assist characters are item clones.

On top of that, does anybody think Sonic will get more assist trophies now that he's a veteran? I'd personally love to see perfect chaos, he could be the Lugia and Ho oh of assist trophies.

At this point, I think anything that comes out of Sakurai's mouth is going to tick off some splinter group.

Sakurai likes cats? Jeesh, why not just name it Super Smash Bores already LOL!

Bell power up confirmed to be an item in smash. I can see this item being a Bad item to use. stuck in a powerless suit that can only lay out a fearsome scratch!

Cat sonic for the Win!

Edit: No, Cat Zero suit samus for the win!

• Thumbs Up 1