Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Have to say, really excited with what I saw. I also love how they didn't waste much time with the stuff (like wiiu fit) that they knew no one would care about. Though, there were a couple of things that disappointed me. The first being the lack of 3rd party support. There was nothing here that shows other companies that they should develop for nintendo. If they don't get that message out soon they are going to be completely left behind. I hate to say it, but it may even come down to the level the wii was at during 2010-2012... only for the entire rest of the generation. Also, really disappointed at the lack of new titles. Yes, everything we saw was amazing, but we already knew it was going to be there (and amazing). Nintendo needs to learn they have other franchises that people want to see. Was anyone really asking for another Donkey Kong? I would of loved to see some of that effort put into franchises like Metroid or Star Fox.

Overall, I can definitely see my self playing my Wii U in the future; but I don't think this was the push they needed to get people outside this part of the industry interested. The new Smash Bros will definitely bring in a good amount, but a lot of those people already have Wii Us. This presentation lacked a real deal sealer. Overall I'd give it a B- though. What they did show was awesome, but what they didn't show worries me.

I wondered what Megaman would look like if Capcom decided to actually make his games with modern visuals.

With Megaman's intro being CGi I really wonder what they're going to do with Sonic.

Is he actually returning, or is this just an assumption?

Edited by Balding Spider

So we can get a Skyloft stage but not Skyward Sword Link? Instead it's the TP-esque variation again? Man.

Either way, the game looks fantastic and im glad I won't have to wait 4 years to play it.

2sKhNGx.jpg

Looks mightily like Arena Ferox from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

mqdefault.jpg

So we can certainly expect some Awakening footage in the 3DS version, at least.

Edited by Doctor Toadley
  • Thumbs Up 3

So we can get a Skyloft stage but not Skyward Sword Link? Instead it's the TP-esque variation again? Man.

Either way, the game looks fantastic and im glad I won't have to wait 4 years to play it.

Small issue...but is anyone else a bit grumped that Samus has her shitty Other M look? 

To me it looks like rather than representing their most recent game they've gone for an approximate look.

I dunno, there's a certain TP-ness there but he also has flavours of OoT and SS Link to me.  Generally all the characters have a brighter rather than realistic visual style to them this time, which I expected for some reason and am glad of.

They're practically the same anyway just one has brown, baggier trousers.

I hate to speculate  things, but maybe the boxing ring could suggest Little Mac from Punch-Out being playable? Highly unlikely, and complete speculation on my part.

Want some more Mega Man screenshots?

screen-1.jpg

screen-2.jpg

screen-3.jpg

screen-4.jpg

screen-5.jpg

screen-6.jpg

screen-7.jpg

screen-9.jpg

screen-8.jpg

This is most delicious! They done Megaman good, they even got his Mega Upper move.

Loving the Cel shaded look of the 3DS version too, Now I smash people going anywhere.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Small issue...but is anyone else a bit grumped that Samus has her shitty Other M look? 

I never had a problem with the Other M design. If you want to talk about the game, that's another story.

I haven't felt this good about a videogame in YEARS. Seriously. 

I spat out my Pepsi when Mega Man showed up, haha.

So, this is the beginning of checking the webpage every day after school (and soon enough college), huh?

*cracks knuckles*

Bring it on, Nintendo. Bring your best. x3

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering the design in the game itself is just the Varia Suit without the shoulder ridges... I don't see the issue at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

I hate to speculate  things, but maybe the boxing ring could suggest Little Mac from Punch-Out being playable? Highly unlikely, and complete speculation on my part.

I think it's more likely than not, actually.

main.png

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I want to hug it so badly.

And that boxing ring reminded me heavily of King Dedede's boxing ring from Super Star. We can expect more Kirby rep in any case.

Edited by Doctor Toadley
  • Thumbs Up 6

main.png

Totally agree.  It's wonderful to see Pikachu finally looking ADORABLE in a Smash game.  He looked fat and ugly in the other three.

Also

lU1IF2r.jpg

HE'S WATCHING YOU MASTURBATE

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

One thing that does disappoint me
I wish the 3DS characters didn't have the Cel-shaded outline. I'm fine with it, but It's just something for me to nitpick at ya know?

screen-4.jpg

You'll be in a shock if you do.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm so hyped for this. Megaman in Smash Bros? It's a dream come true! I love how he has all his signature moves too, great attention to detail. And those remix? FFFFFF. I love the addition of Villager, he's adorable. We need some Animal Crossing love!

The 3DS version looks great and IMO the cel shaded look is quite nice. Definitely getting both versions but probably not at the same time. XP

Yep, the SSB4 is back for me! Now I just hope Sonic returns.

So I'm wondering if this new Smash will have exclusive characters for each version. I'll be pissed if this were the case, unless there was a means of connecting the two versions and downloading characters into each game, a la Mario Golf, or maybe certain characters will be available at the start in one version but unlocked in the other?

screen-4.jpg

Somebody has been taking the magic mushrooms.

screen-6.jpg

So.... Who wants to make the joke?

• Thumbs Up 2