Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

i wouldn't count on any third party character getting a second stage. Their inclusion in the game and a single stage is more than enough as a homage to Sonic and Megaman and Snake in the past

He wasn't talking about a second stage in general, just what Sonic will get on the 3DS since Sakurai already said that stages won't be cross-platform (apart from the obvious like Battlefield and Final Destination).

• Thumbs Up 1

Sakurai has dispelled the rumor that Smash will be out in the Spring.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/412471519860649984

However, he also confirmed that the game will be out certainly in 2014, which is a step up from the "planned for 2014" state Smash was in.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/412471983977136129

I can't wait to constantly restart the stage until I don't see him.

Or Ill just play Battlefield and Smashville, whatever....and  the Galaxy stage.

Sakurai has dispelled the rumor that Smash will be out in the Spring.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/412471519860649984

However, he also confirmed that the game will be out certainly in 2014, which is a step up from the "planned for 2014" state Smash was in.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/412471983977136129

I wouldn't mind the game getting a Summer release, but that's very unlikely. End of 2014 somewhere seems like the most likely date.

So I was wondering...Is Smash 4 not going to add any new gameplay/mechanic staples to the series?
Melee added the..pretty much everything. Side-B attacks, charged smashes, air dodging, directional attacks, way too much to list but you get the idea.
Brawl added Final Smashes and....tripping?
I guess Smash 4 is just gonna refine the previous mechanics and that's it?

Not that it's a bad thing, just thought about it a few minutes ago thinking how odd it was.

Brawl added Final Smashes and....tripping?

Also gliding and footstool jumps.

I think it's a bit too early to say whether or not there will be any significant new mechanics of that sort. We haven't seen any so far, but we also don't have a whole lot of information on the game's mechanics outside what we can infer from the daily pics and brief snippets of gameplay.

Though I'm not sure how many more distinct mechanics Smash needs. I think Brawl is pretty tightly packed, in that respect; I'm not sure where there's room to slip in anything major.

Didn't some people mention in the trailer and some other videos that there seem to be new attacks that work near? I could see that working alright.

The only moves I can think of that they could ever add in the future would be distinct tilt and smash attacks for the aerial and special moves, and that seems to me like it could easily be more trouble than it's worth.

I think we are good with moves now, don't want to over complicate things now. 

I think its mostly about the HD look of smash, tweak a few things along with new stages and new characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Off the top of my head, most of the advances in Smash 4 are mostly aesthetic. Coloured trails for people sent flying, seperate hitsparks for critical-health hits, stuff like that. They did pump up hitstun, and as far as improvements over Brawl go I can't think of much more I could ask for.

The WiiU does open up some really nice opportunities for post-launch support, from DLC characters and stages to simple competitive balancing and bugfixing. Call me pessimistic if I'm not sure the game will be perfect on release, but it's better than pulling a Brawl and creating unpatchable problems that they'll regret five years later.

The only change that I can think of would be attack cancels really, it would be nice addition to the fighting mechanics and make doing combos a bit more fun.

And stage building, don't forget that fun (but rather limited) feature from Brawl biggrin.png.

I hope they expand in that, make it more better like visual effects, choose where the sun will be at, set the random meter of the stage being broad daylight or being night, or make a transition effect from day to sunset to night to sunrise and back to day. Other features like rain, snow, wind, maybe and effect where you can choose which way the wind will blow or can be random.

Choose the pre-made sizes maybe like Smallest, Small, Normal, Big, Biggest, or have  a tool where you control the boundaries for controlling how big or small you want the stage to be.

It'd be nice to have at least one background from each franchise to have more variety, though for inside areas, I wonder if it'll look good with the rain and snow effects, meh

It'd be nice to have objects and structures from various franchise like the question block from mario, The swinging platform from Sonic1.  (obivously there is lots more to choose from, just can't think of it.) 

Ya, thats my wish,

The smash pic is up on Miiverse but for some reason Last friday's pic is still on the website. is it just me?

I would post it but I can't save the pic on the Miiverse site

15hznki.jpg

The second car of the train will periodically detach and re-attach with different set pieces on it. Linebeck's trading company is one of those set pieces.

Oh, and Spirit Tracks Link is still on the stage. Seeing him and WW Link in the stage at once is gonna be silly.

Oh, and Spirit Tracks Link is still on the stage. Seeing him and WW Link in the stage at once is gonna be silly.

If this Toon Link is the one from Wind Waker, they are technically different Links.

But yeah, it's kinda jarring to see lower-poly DS Link there.

Isn't Toon Link Spirit Tracks Links great grandfather or something? (It takes place in the same timeline as WW)Yeah that's gonna be weird.

Isn't Toon Link Spirit Tracks Links great grandfather or something? (It takes place in the same timeline as WW)Yeah that's gonna be weird.

Naw they're not related, Spirit Tracks Link is more like a reincarnation than a descendent.

Naw they're not related, Spirit Tracks Link is more like a reincarnation than a descendent.

Kind of vaguely either, really.

Rule #1 of Zelda Timelineing: Don't look too deep, for the abyss shall look also into you.

Kind of vaguely either, really.

Rule #1 of Zelda Timelineing: Don't look too deep, for the abyss shall look also into you.

It can't really be a descendent considering Niko is still alive and seems genuinely surprised that this random train engineer kid looks so similar to the hero he used to travel with.

You're right that we shouldn't look deep but this time it was spelled out pretty clearly in this instance. Unless Niko doesn't understand how childrens works.

I don't think this is any weirder or jarring than Metal Mario vs Mario fights in the original smash bros game tbh. Didn't feel that weird then and am not really feeling it now between the two toon Links.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was just under the impression that this was a descendent. Which was why I was saying it would be a little weird for Spirit Tracks Link to see his great grandfather and vice versa. But since he's not, it's no weirder than Link fighting Toon Link in Brawl.