Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

She also seems to have a gravity effect with her spin move (like Mario in Galaxy), which attracts items towards her.

Assuming I'm not remembering it wrong and it happens to everyone with a spin move.

Either way, it works for a fighter from space.

Rosetta is Rosalina's Japanese name.

Rosalina functions like a superior Olimar. She summons a Luma using a Special, the color and special attributes of the Luma seem to be decided at random, the Luma can be killed, and some of her tilts and Smashes use the Luma as the attacker with a lot more range than a Pikmin does. Rosalina also has a lot more moves she can use herself - Her Up B, Down Smash, her Down Air and Up Air, and one of her specials that moves certain attacks away from her.

A larger, heavier, more majestic, better Olimar, basically.

It's definitely not that black and white, especially considering that Olimar was such a powerful character in Brawl and that we still, in the grand scheme of things, barely know anything about this character's moveset.  Not to mention the fact that she's larger just makes her a larger target.

Conceptually though I love how Rosalina looks.  Reminded me of a fusion of Zelda, Ice Climbers and Olimar with some unique twists.  Honestly it's a much more unique take than what I would have imagined it would be and mad props to Sakurai and his team for making this character.  

Now it's obvious why we saw Lubba on the Galaxy stage in the first screenshots for it, but Rosalina was nowhere to be found.

As far as music goes, we heard Gusty Garden and Kirby Air Ride's Fantasy Meadows in the trailer, so guess we can expect those songs to be on the Smash 4 song list.

Eh, I was expecting her being an Assist Trophy, so that totally took me by surprise. Looks cool, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

She looks really unique, so I'm happy about this.

I guess this means that leak wasn't all there was to the new cast.  

Heard about the reveal, was pissed off they added another Mario rep.

Saw the trailers and pics, now I don't give a shit. Rosalina looks fucking ace.

And thank fucking god, finally a newcomer reveal.

I love Rosalina as a character and very guilty of being drawn in by her design since Galaxy (granted it's been very similar to Peach historically and I'm not at all sure why it ever caught on as much as it did). But... there were more interesting picks to take from the Mario universe. Can we at least see the Koopalings in some form? :(

Also, where is my Air Ride 2?

• Thumbs Up 1

So clearly not everyone is happy about this...

At this point, there's nothing that they could do that wouldn't make some idiot frothing mad. All we can do is ignore them and hope they rage themselves into an aneurism.
  • Thumbs Up 8

Honestly if their actually was gonna be a new Mario Rep, it would've definately been between Rosalina and Bowser Jr. to me, so I'm glad one of them made it in.

boy it's like the year of Rosalina along with Luigi too eh? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I could just echo everyone and say how much I love Rosalina being in this (which I do. VERY MUCH!)

But I'm out of all my "D'AWES" when I saw Kirby and Luma dancing. SO CUTE!

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, That guy's opinion doesn't count unless he gives me a better reason for Rosalina not to be in the game other than "SHE RETARDED".

as Long as she is a unique character and not a Full Blown clone of Peach (wich she clearly isnt just going by the Trailer alone) I dont see much of a Reason to complain myself.

screen-5.jpg

"You touch my crown and I will tell my Luma to punt your primp and powdered ass so far across the galaxy not even Mario will be able to find you."

*Peach touches crown*

screen-7.jpg

"I WARNED YOU BITCH!"

• Thumbs Up 8

Hearing Rosalina was confirmed for this game just made my day. Helps that she's hands down my favorite Mario character (along with Yoshi). I'm also relieved that she's not Peach 2.0 moveset wise.