Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

High-res Rosalina art

11437561833_37af43b8e4_o.jpg

I know a smaller version of this was already posted, but here's to everyone who wants a closer look at the detail or possibly make out with their computer screens. Just sayin'

• Thumbs Up 4

Anyone else notice that in every cinematic trailer, something bad or humiliating has happened to Mario?

• Knocked aside by Bowser then caught in Villagers net
  • Burned and nearly decapitated by Megaman
  • Blasted into the sky by WFT. Also couldn't get his stubby arms over his head while doing the tree pose.
  • Kirby zipping by him in his Kart causes Donkey Kong to crash into him.

Mario is the BLU Heavy of Smash Bros.

• Thumbs Up 8

Anyone else notice that in every cinematic trailer, something bad or humiliating has happened to Mario?

• Knocked aside by Bowser then caught in Villagers net
  • Burned and nearly decapitated by Megaman
  • Blasted into the sky by WFT. Also couldn't get his stubby arms over his head while doing the tree pose.
  • Kirby zipping by him in his Kart causes Donkey Kong to crash into him.

Mario is the BLU Heavy of Smash Bros.

Well they've gotta make the new characters look good, so what better way than have them wailing on Nintendo's biggest mascots? 

Speaking of which, Rosalina looks really good. Not sure how it reflects the final game but she looks like a very good character. 

ihgREGwvNzrSb.gif

that luma is dead as shit

• Thumbs Up 1

The most important thing is that Smash Bros doesn't do petticoats or black voids like the main Mario series does.

EDIT: I was hoping for at least one Like so I wouldn't look like a complete perv here thanks guys gosh >8U

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

I see a few complain about her, but honestly? She is a princess on a different scale. Princess of the galaxy? Magical Powers? She doesn't get kidnapped, she is quite different from the typical Daisy and Peach. I can see why, ever since they started putting her in Mario Kart Wii, 7 and now the new Super Mario 3D World, she has gotten a huge fanbase. OH and to mention, she is in the highest rated Mario game of all time? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well they've certainly addressed the complaint of there being no playable females, let's see if they can pull some villains out of that hat as well >:)

Rosalina is just pure win. As much as I hate adding another Mario rep, of all the possible choices Rosalina is by far the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well they've certainly addressed the complaint of there being no playable females, let's see if they can pull some villains out of that hat as well >:)

Agreed, Smash has always been lacking when it comes to playable bad guys.

In all seriousness, though, Smash doesn't particularly have a need for villains. Most villain roles are already filled, so the only one I'd say is really necessary is K. Rool. Every other franchise has its main bad guy or doesn't have a prominent antagonist in the first place.

Also just as a disclaimer my raging hate-boner for Rosalina right now is mostly due to personal biases and I'll probably end up loving her anyway. Just heavily disappointed is all

Also just as a disclaimer my raging hate-boner for Rosalina right now is mostly due to personal biases and I'll probably end up loving her anyway. Just heavily disappointed is all

Any reason you're disappointed? It's not like this means anything for other potential reveals or anything. 

Well they've certainly addressed the complaint of there being no playable females, let's see if they can pull some villains out of that hat as well >smile.png

Indeed, more female and villain presence I would like.

Pretty damn sure Zelda will be back, unknown which incarnation of her it will be through. Still praying for Pretty Palutena to be in, slight chance of krystal but not too likely, Lip from those puzzle games I would like to see some way,

Possibly a Female Pokemon Trainer, through I I doubt they'll have anyone replace Red so easily even through I would love to see what they can do with the Kalos Starters (hoping for Chespin, Braixen and Greninja if that happened). As for Fire Emblem, Lyn is problemly one of the more notable lords in the series I would like to see, Lucina too, through I rather her be a skin for Marth as her "Masked" alter ego. 

As for villains, I'm in for Ganondorf as long as he's not copycating some of C.Falcons moves again, through I'm kinda leaning toward Giraham for some reason. Dededee and Metw are bound to be back, not so sure for Wolf through, and Mewtwo I really do want back as I thought his absence from Brawl was stupid.

If by chance neither Lucario or Mewtwo come back..........then I go for Blaziken. Don't ask why, but I think it could really perform well in Smash, with it's Mega as it's Final Smash acting in the same manner as Warioman as it pretty much powers and speeds up all it's moves.

That's just me anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

My feelings for Rosalina are the same for the Wi-Fit Trainer: not hate, but she could have been a perfect assist trophy, leaving the playable spot to someone else. I mean, at least with Skull Kid they made it right.

I don't think this is how they decide characters. I thought they start working with characters and see how many they can make work, rather than start with some arbitrary number of slots and start filling them out. 

But there's no denying series representation plays a role in who gets chosen. They're hardly going to overrun the game with Mario characters no matter how much you throw around the "franchise reps don't matter" argument, and while five or six reps really isn't stretching the boundaries, eight characters plus two or more spin-off characters really is too much, just like five characters is too much for a franchise like F-Zero or MOTHER, despite how much I would love to see Porky. And since all of the plausible Mario reps are arguably of equal importance it becomes a massive debate over who actually "deserves" to get in. I suppose in that case it's best to go for the more "relevant" character, despite how much I generally despise the usage of the relevance argument.

...Is this the Year of Luigi or the Year of Rosalina?

both apparently as both of them have had quiet a lot love this year.

• Thumbs Up 2

Surprised Rosallina is using a generic Luma instead of Polari, considering it was her "personal" Luma in Galaxy.

Generic Luma are expendable peons. Didn't you see the green one explode when Megaman ruthlessly and mercilessly zapped it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Rosalina's cool and she has a lot of interesting tools. A lot of those tools will probably lead to her being busted. She's not really a character I would play for reasons other than being overpowered tho'.

Honestly, her and characters like the Villager / Mega Man set kind of an awkward precedent for future Smash newcomers. They're quite complex and have a very wide and varied move set that makes the vast majority of veterans seem painfully simple and straightforward.

I'm not sure the simpler characters will be balanced properly to keep up with them.

Rosalina? Nintendo, I was just kidding! Well not really, but...THANK YOU!

My life is complete for this game!

You know, in hindsight, this also makes that massive debate a dozen pages ago pointless over what character "has potential."

Not that Rosalina was seen as a shoe in, but you'd think after WFT came in we'd stop talking about who does and doesn't have a chance at showing up because they can't do anything with them, keeping in mind that they'll generally put in whoever they feel like putting in and work things out.

Rosalina's cool and she has a lot of interesting tools. A lot of those tools will probably lead to her being busted. She's not really a character I would play for reasons other than being overpowered tho'.

Honestly, her and characters like the Villager / Mega Man set kind of an awkward precedent for future Smash newcomers. They're quite complex and have a very wide and varied move set that makes the vast majority of veterans seem painfully simple and straightforward.

I'm not sure the simpler characters will be balanced properly to keep up with them.

I don't know about Villager, but Rosalina looks like a very technical character. She'll likely be incredibly hard to use without a deep understaning of how she works, much like the Ice Climbers and Olimar. She also looks to be pretty useless in a one-on-one fight, relying on the Luma to set up her own attacks and possibly leaving herself wide open in the process. So no, she doesn't seem all that overpowered to me.