Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'm hoping that wasn't an indirect look at MK8's Rainbow road because it doesn't look as cool as I thought it would...

I'm like 99% sure that's MKWii's Rainbow Road (which is why it looks boring /sickburn)

I'm hoping that wasn't an indirect look at MK8's Rainbow road because it doesn't look as cool as I thought it would...

Have CGI intro's ever really been accurate with the in-game versions?

Have CGI intro's ever really been accurate with the in-game versions?

Yes... almost half the job of making a CGI version is making it accurate to the actual game...and that's only if you want to put it in there.

I'm like 99% sure that's MKWii's Rainbow Road (which is why it looks boring /sickburn)

This. It's Mario Kart Wii's Rainbow Road minus some details/stage hazards and effects. The overall layout of the track matches up with Wii's pretty well though, which I can't really say for any of the other iterations of Rainbow Road

Looking at those high def images of Rosalina again I just can't help but keep gushing over her. She looks gorgeous, ahhh! I'm so happy she's in the game, but knowing that Mario already has so many reps, it's great to see her there just because she's an amazing character and she looks great to play as too. Similar to Olimar, but maybe better.

And yet here is Ganondorf. The dumbest character ever added to a Smash Bros. game.

The stupid thing about Ganondorf is he DOES have potential if they'd just give him a moveset that actually reflects his powers and abilities. If they bring back Ganondorf (they SHOULD), he needs a moveset that reflects his abilities better. He literally doesn't use any of his powers from the Zelda series except his final smash (which will mostlikely be replaced).

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm sorry, but I don't get the complaints over Rosalina being another Mario rep.  Mario is not only a major Nintendo franchise, it's Nintendo's FLAGSHIP franchise.  Hell, it's the poster child of the idea of video games as a whole.  It's got over 200 goddamn games to its name; That's TWICE as many as Nintendo's second biggest franchise, Pokemon.  You might as well complain about Sonic being overrepped in ASR despite being the sole reason people outside of Japan still know Sega even EXISTS.  Also, the roster isn't a zero-sum system.  "Character slots" don't actually exist; Rosalina's addition doesn't automatically necessitate the inclusion or exclusion of anyone else, especially given how much creative freedom Sakurai has with it.  Also, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario qualify as spinoff series at this point anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looking at the way Rosalina's Lumas change colour, it looks like they all correspond to a special move and change whenever she triggers one (red's a projectile move, blue's her recovery, etc). Can't really figure out what the white and yellow ones are for yet, unless LUMA PAUNCH!!!!11 is actually the special for the latter.

I think the color's just cosmetic; she ^Bs with a red one at one point and the yellow one can shoot star bits too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry, but I don't get the complaints over Rosalina being another Mario rep.  Mario is not only a major Nintendo franchise, it's Nintendo's FLAGSHIP franchise.  Hell, it's the poster child of the idea of video games as a whole.  It's got over 200 goddamn games to its name; That's TWICE as many as Nintendo's second biggest franchise, Pokemon.  You might as well complain about Sonic being overrepped in ASR despite being the sole reason people outside of Japan still know Sega even EXISTS.  Also, the roster isn't a zero-sum system.  "Character slots" don't actually exist; Rosalina's addition doesn't automatically necessitate the inclusion or exclusion of anyone else, especially given how much creative freedom Sakurai has with it.  Also, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario qualify as spinoff series at this point anyway.

Because Mario's got like 8 reps. But to be honest, I expected at least ONE new Mario rep in this game, and I'm really not worried about it. If they chose someone like Toad, Birdo, Waluigi, Daisy, Paper Mario (suggested earlier in the topic), Dr. Mario... yeah, I'd have been pissed. (As awesome as Waluigi is, sorry, he doesn't deserve to be a playable character in Smash.)

But Rosalina? Yeah, out of all the possible characters they could've picked from Mario, no better new rep than Rosalina. Personally I hope Zelda gets one new rep this game as well, both franchises are big enough to warrant it.

The Pikmin also carried the same moves, but a different strength was applied to each color of Pikmin. Same could apply with the Lumas - i.e. Red Lumas have a stronger Star Bits attack, Yellow Lumas have stronger melee moves, Blue Lumas give Rosalina a longer recovery, Pale Lumas have more health (Rosalina dashed headlong into Samus's full power Charge Shot and the Luma took the hit without dying), etc.

It kind of looks you can control Rosalina and the Luma at the same time. As in, the luma doesn't just mirror you.

It doesn't look so much like Ice Climbers though, but more like Carl from BB or eddie from GG or something- where you call it out and control the think breifly then fight solo again

• Thumbs Up 1

I was half agreeing with you till this comparison.

Sega doesn't have nearly as many iconic IPs that are still used that large amounts of people give a shit about like Nintendo does.

Because Mario's got like 8 reps. But to be honest, I expected at least ONE new Mario rep in this game, and I'm really not worried about it. If they chose someone like Toad, Birdo, Waluigi, Daisy, Paper Mario (suggested earlier in the topic), Dr. Mario... yeah, I'd have been pissed. (As awesome as Waluigi is, sorry, he doesn't deserve to be a playable character in Smash.)

But Rosalina? Yeah, out of all the possible characters they could've picked from Mario, no better new rep than Rosalina. Personally I hope Zelda gets one new rep this game as well, both franchises are big enough to warrant it.

If it gets a new rep there are 2 strong chances: One is Groose...the other...

tumblr_lqf2jxYfv51qep21f.gif

3310lfn.jpg

Pic of the day. Rosalina and Luma can be right by each other or set farther apart. They're both controlled by the player, so a smash attack can be done from far off. Remote control all the way!

It's like you're truly fighting two full fighters at once with this duo.

• Thumbs Up 2

If it gets a new rep there are 2 strong chances: One is Groose...the other...

tumblr_lqf2jxYfv51qep21f.gif

Oh god no, Groose would be a horrible choice. Ghirahim isn't much better. I was thinking something more on the lines of IMPA. You know, the most relevant recurring character next to the main three of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Impa's SS/OoT designs would be perfect for a ninja-like character that's not just Zelda wearing a costume.

If Ghirahim appears, it'd be as a replacement for Ganondorf... and that's not likely to happen at all. Groose's one-off appearance literally has no chance of appearing as a playable character; we'd be more likely to get Tingle or Vaati as a playable addition than Groose. I don't care how popular a one-off Groose was.

Now, in Hylian Warriors Groose might be playable, as that's a Zelda spinoff game.

That angry Luma has the same problem angry Kirby does i.e. instead of being intimidated I just wanna hug them more

It could also be because those are literally Kirby's angry eyes pasted onto a Luma. =V

Loving the two-tier attack ranges. Makes me wish Dedede's Waddle Dees were anywhere near that versatile.

It's like you're truly fighting two full fighters at once with this duo.

Weeew! I was right. 

I wanna play her now, after hearing that. She sounds interesting. 

Gonna suspect Rose and Luma are both light weight characters and can be easily sent flying, maybe as light as Peach and Zelda.

Based on what we've seen so far, and based on Rosalina's place in Mario Kart, I think it'd be more likely Rosie would be a HEAVY weight. Perhaps on the light end of the heavy weights, but the Luma is definitely lightweight. As it stands Rosie moves quite slow overall from what we've seen; would be weird for her to be a very slow-moving lightweight.

One major thing I like about Rosalina is that she's never been a damsel in distress, unlikely Peach and Daisy.

• Thumbs Up 3