Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Jigglypuff is a lightweight but she's still the slowest character in the game

Mewtwo is also below average weight and speed IIRC. Don't think that her kart class in MK matters since that is more or less based on her height. Her movement looks a bit floaty as well so I'm willing to bet she's a slightly large, slightly light character. 

I analyzed a potential Megaman moveset when his video came out. Guess I can try to analyze Rosalina's, right?

Condensed for size

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ0B3Vhicb8#t=95s

1:35 - her idle pose. Scans the area left to right.

1:37 - Her jumps. The initial jump seems rather short. Why yes, that IS the Sonic Adventure jump sound when she double jumps, why do you ask?

1:39 - Luma Conjure. Seems like her standard Special move, similar to Olimar's Pikmin Pluck

1:40 - How quickly the Luma leaves her Mama from that move, and the attention to detail thanks to the pinkish cloud surrounding the Luma and the squeal it makes, makes me think that's Rosalina's Forward-special. It also seems to be the move that separates the two entities; at that point, the Luma is a separate character, which leads to...

1:41 - Rosalina's Jab Combo. Luma can perform a similar Jab combo itself.

1:43 - Rosalina's Forward Smash. Rosalina creates a big bang, and the Luma punches.

1:44 - Looks like it's that theoretical Side B again, but the Red Luma doesn't go as far as the Yellow Luma does. And it looks like it compensates that by automatically firing Star Bits at the end of the dash, but without seeing Rosalina's actions during that move, there's no way to tell. It's also possible that this Dash+Star Bits attack is Rosalina's Ftilt and it applies to all Lumas. Keeping to the idea that Side B is their only separation move, the Red Luma immediately scurries back to Mama after it shoots the Star Bits, but again, without knowing what Rosalina's doing, there's no way to tell.

1:46 - Edge-grab posture. LOOK AT THE LUMA BOBBING UP AND DOWN QUICKLY OMG ADORABLE. <33

1:47 - Rosalina tries to Side B once more with the Green Luma, but Luigi's Fireball stops it cold. Maybe the Green Luma doesn't have much priority.

1:48 - What the Green Luma seemingly does have, however, is the ability to cover Rosalina's back, literally. It's the only Luma seen in the video to mirror Rosalina's actions in the opposite direction, giving her added coverage in 2v1 scenarios. Jab combo again, Green Luma does a kick attack at the end of the combo.

1:50 - Rosalina's got a crawl animation. Except it isn't a crawl, and she's just using magic to move around. Cheater.

1:52 - I'm beginning to think Green Luma is the most versatile of the Lumas. Covering Rosalina's blind spot, and being the only Luma seen to be able to attack if Rosalina is grabbed? It's the prime utility Luma of the bunch.

1:53 - An exploitation of the separation mechanic that Side B creates makes the cute scene of Rosalina acting as a coach for the Luma while it is inside the boxing ring. Cute, but something to note is that Rosalina goes through the same hand motions in the two Luma attacks shown, implying she's using the same move, but the Luma performs two different attacks. Random attack generator a-la Judge and Waddle Dee Toss?

1:55 - Mewtwo called. It wants its dash animation back.

1:55 - Pale Lumas like the one Mario used are an available Luma, and its pretty resilient. It not only took Samus's Charge Shot completely, it also survived. Meanwhile, Rosalina does a dive and glides right up while keeping forward momentum. It's her Dash Attack.

1:57 - Keeping in line with the idea that Green Luma is defensive and used for utility, it's shown flying down and seemingly standing idle in front of Megaman's Mega Buster, while Rosalina charges up her Forward Smash, which was previously seen with the Red Luma taking part in it.

1:58 - Sadly, Green Luma is no Pale Luma, and in a heart-wrenching cry it succumbs to the Mega Buster and vanishes in a puff of smoke and stars. Lumas have a percent cap.

2:00 - Rosalina's seen charging for a few frames before the attack that covers both sides. Down Smash. Has two big bang effects like with Fsmash. Rosalina hits on one side while the Luma covers the other side, so if the two are separated, the two attacks are going to be far apart. Great zoning tool.

2:01 - Up Air. Rosalina creates a halo while the Luma punches upward.

2:02 - That same halo is shot downward and spikes. Down Air. There is no Luma present during this move, so it's unknown what it does, but with the Luma doing an upward punch for the Up Air, I think it's safe to say that the downward kick it did when Rosalina was being held in DK's Cargo Throw is what it does during the Down Air.

2:03 - Mewtwo called again. It wants its grab back too.

2:03 - Basic Back Throw.

2:04 - UpB. Launch Star. Ironically, it doesn't launch her very far. Seems to have the same arc and distance as Diddy's Rocket Barrel.

2:06 - Galaxy Wiimote Cursor. Has a gravity effect that attracts nearby items and nullifies launched items, like the thrown Poke Ball. The Blue Luma is seen posing for the move, but Marth takes no damage from the Luma during the move. Giving the utility of the move, it's possibly Rosalina's Down B.

2:07 - That same move is shown to redirect the water from Mario's FLUDD. So Down B has the ability to redirect non-item projectiles too.

2:10 - Rosalina performs her standard B move again, but no Luma appears, so there must be a Luma present on the stage already.

2:13-2:16 - Yellow Luma does the Star Bits attack like the Red Luma, but it follows up with a headbutt. Can't see Rosalina here so there's no telling if the headbutt was done as a Yellow Luma-specific followup to the Star Bits, or another move entirely. It then twirls and nods its head. Could be a taunt, but how quickly it goes from the headbutt to the nod makes me think its end lag.

2:16 - Side B once more, but Pit dodges this one...and ends up right into Rosalina's grab. Side B doesn't have much end lag. The Luma doesn't appear to be doing anything while Rosalina's throwing with that Forward throw, so it's possible it won't be doing anything during grabs and any throws.

2:17 - The Yellow Luma is seen turning back around after the separation move. The Luma may be its own character after separation, but it looks like it tries to get back to Mama as soon as possible. Proper usage of the duo will be dependent on how long you can keep the two separated to cover a lot of ground.

2:17 - As soon as the Luma turns around though, it stops and prepares to take part in the Upsmash that Rosalina is charging up.

2:18-2:19 - Looks like a Forward Air. The kick has a nice little Shooting Star aesthetic going on.

2:20-2:22 - Luma going through the basic dash animations as if it was with Mama, with no Mama in sight. Given how it looks like it wants to get back to Rosalina after the Side B, it's possible the Luma got stuck on one layer of platforms while Rosalina is on another set directly above or below the Luma. The Luma is responding to the dash inputs from Rosalina and it leads to the cute scenario of Villager trying to grab it and failing.

2:22 - Luma got back to Mama. They then spin in place. Looks like Side Taunt.

1:37 - Her jumps. The initial jump seems rather short. Why yes, that IS the Sonic Adventure jump sound when she double jumps, why do you ask?

They're hardly even similar.

Rosalina having similar animations to Mewtwo does fill me with some semblance of hope for his return at least, I mean, some completely unrelated characters in Brawl had similar animations/shared attacks, like the down-aerial smash of ZSS and Sonic.

The Sonic Adventure Jump sound would be the Classic jump sound...or the butchered CD version....why would they put it on Rosalina?

Based on what we've seen so far, and based on Rosalina's place in Mario Kart, I think it'd be more likely Rosie would be a HEAVY weight. Perhaps on the light end of the heavy weights, but the Luma is definitely lightweight. As it stands Rosie moves quite slow overall from what we've seen; would be weird for her to be a very slow-moving lightweight.

One major thing I like about Rosalina is that she's never been a damsel in distress, unlikely Peach and Daisy.

Peach, Zelda, Jiggs, Kirby and Mewtwo are all slow moving, floaty light characters (well, Peach is a little closer to middleweight).  It's not exactly uncommon and wouldn't be weird at all.  Honestly I think it would be more strange if she was a heavy character.  I never felt her Mario Kart Wii weight made any sense anyway and was probably done for the arbitrary sake of making sure there was an even number of characters for each weight. 

Also, Luma's weight is irrelevant as from the trailer it probably has a set health like Olimar's Pikmin (it doesn't explode in a flash like a character, it just kind of pops).

Maybe she's am overall slower moving character, thus her heavier status.  She does seem like she packs a decent punch, Kinda like Zelda's slower nature but strong attacks

"Pic of the day. A Luma becomes a star. Lumas are tough, but can also be blown away. Luckily, there's an infinite number of them."

I guess she can spawn as many as she wants without respawning

daily.jpg

So if she can just make an infinite amount of Luma to fight for her (thus making fighting the Luma just a distraction while she just sits around) isn't that a tad OP? It's either that or its much different and I'm wrong. :v

Rosalina is a horrible mother for sacrificing her children like that.

If a giant turtle want to steal your babies and use them to take over the universe, wouldn't you use them as disposable weapons too?

So if she can just make an infinite amount of Luma to fight for her (thus making fighting the Luma just a distraction while she just sits around) isn't that a tad OP? It's either that or its much different and I'm wrong. :v

I don't play Smash, but I think you can only summon one at once. And while you have it out on the field, you've got both it and Rosalina to focus on. Only she can actually take proper damage, so she'l still be the main target. And summoning a Luma will probably take a short while too. Olimar can summon Pikmin too in a similar way.

Hmm, makes sense. Also on subject of the Luma, what if its color depends on how much damage it's taken? Considering we got a screenshot of it flying outta orbit with the red coloration, maybe so?

From what it looks like the green Luma is weaker than the white Luma, Green Luma died from Mega mans side smash attack and White Luma survived Samus charge shot, though Mega Man's probably more powerful. I just hope Rosalina isn't too helpless without Luma.

Edit: Just realized that Peach is the only character we haven't seen in motion, We finally got short looks of Olimar, Toon link Marth and more Luigi!

Who thinks we still getting a zelda character reveal  on the 26th? Best guest is some picture with Link or Toon link

Hm..As far as Rosalina's concerned, I'm somehow seeing a resemblance to a combo of gameplay styles: Olimar and the Pikmin, and the Ice Climbers; with a tad more emphasis on the latter because in the trailer it did show Rosalina fending off Mario in one side, and the Luma attacking Luigi as well as the same case with the two fighting Megaman and Bowser in their trailer. in the case of the latter gameplay style, both are controlled but it seems like either the Luma or Rosalina will have some partial A.I. built in and act accordingly to cover for the other, depending on who is being controlled by the player. 

in general though, it's awesome that she's in the game, though I can easily say I wasn't all too surprised at the revelation as much as I was pleased with it. I kind of had a feeling this would happen due to the image of that SMG stage being shown first a while back. 

Rosalina is a horrible mother for sacrificing her children like that.

But she said stars can be reborn, remember? So they probably don't mind. ;)

From what it looks like the green Luma is weaker than the white Luma, Green Luma died from Mega mans side smash attack and White Luma survived Samus charge shot, though Mega Man's probably more powerful. I just hope Rosalina isn't too helpless without Luma.

This doesn't take into account the fact that the green Luma may have already sustained damage prior to that clip.

I kinda wonder too, what'll happen if Kirby tries to inhale the Luma. Will he be able to copy it and get Rosalina's power that way (ala Nana)? Not affect it at all like trying to inhale a Pikmin? Or swallow it like Dedede's Waddle Dees?

The latter two seem like they're more likely though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hm..As far as Rosalina's concerned, I'm somehow seeing a resemblance to a combo of gameplay styles: Olimar and the Pikmin, and the Ice Climbers; with a tad more emphasis on the latter because in the trailer it did show Rosalina fending off Mario in one side, and the Luma attacking Luigi as well as the same case with the two fighting Megaman and Bowser in their trailer. in the case of the latter gameplay style, both are controlled but it seems like either the Luma or Rosalina will have some partial A.I. built in and act accordingly to cover for the other, depending on who is being controlled by the player. 

in general though, it's awesome that she's in the game, though I can easily say I wasn't all too surprised at the revelation as much as I was pleased with it. I kind of had a feeling this would happen due to the image of that SMG stage being shown first a while back. 

Ironically, I said that a few pages back. Rosalina seems to be a good mix of IC and Olimar. And if she can spawn new Lumas after one dies, then that could possibly become OP. Look at some of the Ice Climber combos. Infinite grabs and juggles. It's crazy. Can Rosalina do similar things? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Another GameXplain analysis on the most recent Smash 4 updates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqyjZf5G4k4

WiiU_SmashBros_scrnS01_10_E3.png

WiiU_SmashBros_scrnS01_09_E3.png

How come now i'm seeing these pics? I found it from this site: http://mariopartylegacy.com/2013/06/over-100-screens-of-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/

There is quite a few more that I haven't seen.

Villagers turnip move was shown since the very first day. okay

3DS_SmashBros_scrnS01_20_E3.png

Even the 3DS have some I have never seen.

Where was this shown?

• Thumbs Up 3

Huh, there's a Thwomp in there and we didn't notice? It can't be a stage hazard because that's (presumably) Little Mac's stage, so either it's an item, an Assist Trophy, or Bowser actually uses one as a motherfucking attack.

Huh, there's a Thwomp in there and we didn't notice? It can't be a stage hazard because that's (presumably) Little Mac's stage, so either it's an item, an Assist Trophy, or Bowser actually uses one as a motherfucking attack.

Its Kirby's down B move.

• Thumbs Up 1