Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I wonder how they'll handle different palettes for Rosie and Luma.  Like having a ton of Pikmin on screen isn't a huge issue because Olimar sort of treats them like a personal item caché, but as far as I can see only one Luma is active at a time and is treated as an extension of Rosie's character, like the Ice Climbers.  Having four on screen with constantly changing colours is gonna be pretty aaaa.

Didn't expect Rosalina to be that tall! o.o It would be interesting to see her next to Samus as mentioned before, to compare heights!

Sakurai posted height comparisons of Peach, Wii Fit Trainer and Samus in September. Looking at that I think Rosalina is a fair bit taller than Samus. Ganondorf was the tallest character in Brawl so I wonder how they'll compare

I wonder how they'll handle different palettes for Rosie and Luma.  Like having a ton of Pikmin on screen isn't a huge issue because Olimar sort of treats them like a personal item caché, but as far as I can see only one Luma is active at a time and is treated as an extension of Rosie's character, like the Ice Climbers.  Having four on screen with constantly changing colours is gonna be pretty aaaa.

Maybe the Luma will have patterns with different colors so you know which Luma is yours. Just imagine when 4 Rosalina battling and you got 4 Lumas scrambling around. 

Looking at both pictures, Peach's head  are at Samus and Rosalina's shoulders, it's hard to tell, I think Rosalina's Taller

I don't think Rosalina is that tall, yeah she taller than most of the cast but i don't think she taller than Marth, Samus or Male WFT.

How many different commands would be necessary to summon specific Lumas? There's beige, red, green, yellow....

That wouldn't be terribly difficult to handle, I think; say that B is her base Luma Summon move, and combine it with a stick direction once the move has been activated to choose which color. Brawl Minus' Dedede does something similar for commanding his Waddle Dees and Doos; you hold B to get ready to give an order, and tap the stick (or release B while the stick is neutral) to give the different orders.

That said I don't think they're actually going to do anything like that, and the colors are probably randomized and probably have little or no difference.

Rosalina's height is pretty accurate to the actual Mario Galaxy games.

princess_rosalina_super_mario_galaxy_11.

Although that isn't Luigi's normal height. The playable Luigi model is only as tall as Mario, whereas the cutscene Luigi is a bit lankier. You get the point.

I'd like to see how Rosalina's height compares to Samus', Samus is supposed to be really damn tall (6'5" or something).

6'3. Although I don't think that really comes across in Smash Bros nearly as much as it could.

That wouldn't be terribly difficult to handle, I think; say that B is her base Luma Summon move, and combine it with a stick direction once the move has been activated to choose which color. Brawl Minus' Dedede does something similar for commanding his Waddle Dees and Doos; you hold B to get ready to give an order, and tap the stick (or release B while the stick is neutral) to give the different orders.

That said I don't think they're actually going to do anything like that, and the colors are probably randomized and probably have little or no difference.

Yeah, that could work. I still think the amount of different moves she'd have to be given would exceed the standard Smash Bros. fighters by a bit much, and make her really stand out, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

15yjazq.jpg

So someone pointed this out on Miiverse, but Mario eyes is actually looking at Rosalina face.

Granted, it isn't a mind blowing addiction but still a nice little detail.

Unless Mario is looking at Rosalina chest... that  prev.

At first I was like "duuuh of course he is?" but then I realised what you meant, as in fighters might actually look at each other rather than always looking straight ahead.  That is a very nice touch.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, it's very likely this is a different version of the Taunt where he takes his hat off or an idle animation.

Rosalina would be looking at Mario, too, wouldn't she?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea I didnt know they did this in Brawl, I actually noticed the characters looking at each other in that one picture where Sonic was looking at Megaman before he was about to attack him.

Actually, it's very likely this is a different version of the Taunt where he takes his hat off or an idle animation.

Yeah I think it's the idle animation. He's looking up because he's adjusting his hat. 

That's his idle animation...and it always does that.

Wouldn't peach and Luigi be looking at each other in this picture?

ssbday69.jpg

Yea I didnt know they did this in Brawl, I actually noticed the characters looking at each other in that one picture where Sonic was looking at Megaman before he was about to attack him.

I think sonic is always looking that way when doing his down ariel

Was kind of expecting the Wii U version to get a Rainbow Road stage but okay. It looks pretty, at least.

• Thumbs Up 8

Makes sense to have it on 3DS if it's based off Mario Kart 7.  Looks great.

Have there been any stages that crossover platforms yet or have they stuck pretty consistently to handheld stages on 3DS and console stages on Wii U?

Have there been any stages that crossover platforms yet or have they stuck pretty consistently to handheld stages on 3DS and console stages on Wii U?

Not unless you count Battlefield.

Since the 4 per series limit has been broken with Rosalina, maybe we'll get 5 Pokemon reps this time i mean Pokemon is bringing in more money for Nintendo than Mario is at the moment, so it wouldn't make sense Mario to get 5 reps while Pokemon gets only 4.