Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Maybe Sakurai might do something different with Ice climbers and pokemon trainer.

Also is cruise and tour stages different or do they mean the same?

I wonder if the 3DS will be able to handle Rosalina, the Ice Climbers and a Pokemon Trainer..

I don't think they'd reveal a character they aren't actually sure is going to work. Rosalina is already in the game, why would they include her if there was a massive technical issue they can't guarantee they'd be able to work around? That's asking for something to go wrong

Looks pretty. I hope that stage appears in the Wii U version in some shape or form. I want something more interesting than the Mario Circuit in Brawl.

Sakurai's comment seems to suggest there's more to it than simply stopping at different locations, though. Really hope that's the case and it isn't just another generic "tour" stage.

Oh boy, MK7 Rainbow had my favorite version of the Rainbow Road theme,love it.

I can already kinda guess some of the stops the stage will make too.

Since the 4 per series limit has been broken with Rosalina, maybe we'll get 5 Pokemon reps this time i mean Pokemon is bringing in more money for Nintendo than Mario is at the moment, so it wouldn't make sense Mario to get 5 reps while Pokemon gets only 4.

Mewtwo returning would make sense.

I'm just interested on the selection of songs for the Rainbow Road stage. While it would be awesome to have it all just be remixes of the Rainbow Road themes from all the Mario Karts, that would be repetitive.

I guess, provided the game has enough storage space for it, the song selection would be an unaltered MK7's RR theme for obvious reasons, a medley of SMK's, MK64's, DD's, and Wii's RR themes, another medley for the Super Circuit and DS RR themes, and after that some songs from other tracks through the series. The Sky Garden theme needs to make its Smash debut, and this stage is perfect for it. >:C

hmmm I think Rosalina might have confirmed the return of the ice climbers if you think about it

Didn't we already know the Ice Climbers were in due to Sakurai mentioning having to work problems out with them on the 3DS?

while that is true, Rosalina from the looks of it works very simliar to a Desynch Ice Climbers duo, and it also shows her being on the 3DS, so we can take that either

a) the Ice Climbers got Canned and replaced by Rosalina

2) the Problem with the Ice Climbers has been resolved

out of the two, I belive the latter is more likeley

also emoticons are Garbage

Chances of Rosalina replacing Ice Climbers are exceedingly low assuming they got it to work.

Ice Climbers are surprisingly valued castmembers now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sakurai never said he was working on the Ice Climbers, he just used them as an example. For all we know it was Rosalina he was referring to when he said that

• Thumbs Up 1

Since the 4 per series limit has been broken with Rosalina, maybe we'll get 5 Pokemon reps this time i mean Pokemon is bringing in more money for Nintendo than Mario is at the moment, so it wouldn't make sense Mario to get 5 reps while Pokemon gets only 4.

That limit never actually existed...Mario had 5 slots and Melee and Pokemon had 6 total characters in Brawl, Zelda in both Melee and Brawl had 5 total characters...Mario is just back at 5 slots now, with a legit rep this time and not a clone.

That limit never actually existed...Mario had 5 slots and Melee and Pokemon had 6 total characters in Brawl, Zelda in both Melee and Brawl had 5 total characters...Mario is just back at 5 slots now, with a legit rep this time and not a clone.

Mario Reps:

1.) Mario

2.) Luigi

3.) Peach

4.) Bowser

5.) Yoshi (marked under the "Yoshi" series)

6.) Dr. Mario (replaced by Wario)

6.) Wario (replaced Dr. Mario; marked under the "WarioWare" series)

Zelda Reps:

1.) Link

2.) Zelda

2.) Shiek (technically Shiek is the same character as Zelda)

3.) Ganondorf

4.) Toon Link

Pokemon Reps:

1.) Pikachu

2.) Jigglypuff

3.) Mewtwo (replaced by Lucario)

3.) Lucario (replaced Mewtwo)

4.) Pichu (replaced by Pokemon Trainer)

4.) Pokemon Trainer (replaced Pichu)

4.) Squirtle (one of three in Pokemon Trainer)

4.) Ivysaur (one of three in Pokemon Trainer)

4.) Charizard (one of three in Pokemon Trainer)

Technically, if you review it, there was in a sense a "4 character limit." Technically there were more than four characters, but in two characters from the Mario series they were marked as being from a separate franchise (which is true... Yoshi has his spinoff Yoshi series and Wario has his WarioWare series).

Then when it comes to Pokemon, there are only four Pokemon characters total... Pokemon Trainer just has three playable Pokemon that must be switched between separately.

Sheik and Zelda are the same character, as well.

Even in the case of Dr. Mario he is a spinoff series to Mario, although I don't know if he's regarded as being a separate franchise in Melee.

I know that TECHNICALLY they're still the same franchise, but they did get away with it by giving them a separate icon and representation and everything.

I don't really count a character as a Rep unless it takes up it's own individual character slots, characters like Pokémon trainer and Zelda are still counted as one slot, Sakurai just crammed in as many character's as he could to one character, this is why I don't see why Mario can have an alt skin for Dr.Mario, with just pill skin's over his fireballs. *Shrug*

A Medley of all Rainbow roads would be awesome, and have it remixed to to make it feel epic during battle. Bowser's castle would be nice on the Wii U and have a Medley for that stage too. 

So what stage should Sonic get on the 3DS version? (sorry if this was already talked about)

I think they can get something from the sonic advance series, I'd love to hear some tunes make it into this game. Speaking of tunes,

I'm guessing it's obvious Sonic heroes song will be in Windy Hill. Is there any new tracks they should add or bring some the same ones they used in green hill zone?

I sure want the Deadly six's theme make it on here, (The guitar version)

And the Final boss music, that'd be sick.

I don't really count a character as a Rep unless it takes up it's own individual character slots, characters like Pokémon trainer and Zelda are still counted as one slot, Sakurai just crammed in as many character's as he could to one character, this is why I don't see why Mario can have an alt skin for Dr.Mario, with just pill skin's over his fireballs. *Shrug*

Agreed. Personally I wouldn't mind Dr. Mario (and Dr. Luigi) to appear as alternate outfits as their regular form, just don't add them as separate characters.

Still, an alternate costume is different from having multiple characters in one. Even a clone is different; Pokemon Trainer, Zelda, and Samus are all one character each, but they can switch between forms and doing so results in them gaining completely new movesets. (Personally I want them to merge Zelda/Sheik's moves into one and make Sheik an alternate outfit instead, but that's just me.)

I hope they Remix Windy Hill.

Ya'know so people seem to think that Rooftop run Modern version and Windy Hill sound the same, It'd be awesome if they put these songs put together to make one epic remix. I think someone made a video of that, not sure.

I just hope that most of the sonic series songs actually go well with combat, in the last game they were the only ones that seemed less battle orientated.