Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I still don't get why people want(ed) Bowser Jr. Rosalina in so bad. There are so many other unique picks from Mario alone other than Bowser's tiny offspring Peach's galactic clone.

Okay, I'll stop now. tongue.png

I've gotta agree with Azoo, I could go for no more Mario additions at all. It sucks in a way that most of the Mario characters are popular in one way or another since we simultaneously want a small number of characters but have that number include only the ones we like (in my case that didn't entirely come true, haha). I'm not gonna lie though, I couldn't say no to Paper Mario. As unlikely as it might be, we have Link and Toon Link so I wouldn't say it's impossible!

I definitely wouldn't call the Kongs Mario reps though.

I don't want any other Mario reps coming in. None. We got five (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina), as well as Wario, Yoshi, and (if they count and I'm pretty sure they do) Donkey and Diddy. And according to my accalculamatations, that totals up to "too many"! :v

I still don't get this argument, at all. Not about not wanting any more Mario reps (I think it'd be fine if Rosalina was the only new one), but lumping every Mario-related character together as "Mario reps". While Yoshi's arguable, for the rest, it seems to do an incredible disservice to characters that have managed to break out into their own series, that have managed to become icons in their own right.

E: to me it's about as reasonable to call Ashley a DK rep, because she's from Wario, and Wario's from Mario, and Mario's from the Donkey Kong arcade game.

Trying to claim Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are Mario reps is just grasping for straws.

Has Diddy Kong even appeared in a non-spinoff Mario game? His only relation to Mario are games like Mario Party and Mario Kart. The fact that people consider Diddy a Mario rep is mind boggling. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I still hope this game has a Paper Mario stage. I don't want Paper Mario as a character personally, but I think a stage would be just perfect for that series.

While I would actually really love Paper Mario (or one of the partners maybe...? I guess they aren't important enough :c) as a character, a stage would be pretty great. Plus it would probably be more widely accepted among fans than Paper Mario himself.

• Thumbs Up 2

So if Issac DOES get promoted from Assist Trophy to Playable, whay would be a possible moveset? its been a while since I have played Golden sun(GBA), and other than some specials using Dinnjs and the final smash being an overpowered one what else could he do?

I included Diddy since he's been in Mario Party / Kart stuff right? And DK cuz.. well, come on. 

I know Donkey Kong is much much more of it's own series than Yoshi will ever be but whatever. Still doesn't stop how there's still way too many Mario franchise characters in. LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

So if Issac DOES get promoted from Assist Trophy to Playable, whay would be a possible moveset? its been a while since I have played Golden sun(GBA), and other than some specials using Dinnjs and the final smash being an overpowered one what else could he do?

Honestly, just focusing on the abilities of his default class line would make him a pretty unique Smash character.  I can't think of anyone already in Smash who combines swordplay with any sort of magical attacks, and I know that nobody uses earth based attacks.  Shockwaves through the ground, shooting and/or summoning stone spikes, maybe some small eruptions, and of course you've gotta work Move in there somewhere.  There's good stuff there.

Okay maybe calling DK characters Mario reps is a bit too much, but lets not make a fuss over it. Changing topic:

If you HAD to change the Final Smash for the characters revealed so far, what would you choose instead ?

(or you could just simply name wich ones you really wish could be changed)

For me, Id definitely change Toon Link's FS, just so its not identical to Adult Link's, I think Toon Link is pretty... Clone-y :P so getting a different one would make it feel even better.

Here's some quick ideas on my mind:

-Mario : Im quite happy with his FS, maybe Giant Mario replacing Giga Bowser as the huge transformation Final Smash ?

-Peach : Something other than her random peachy FS. 

-Bowser: Like I said before Id like if he turned big and went from the foreground to background and attack the field with fiery attacks in all kind of patterns.

-Luigi : Something involving his Poltergust 3000.

-Kirby : Either his big bang ability from Triple Deluxe or dat epic ultra sword ability from Return to Dreamland (any of the ultra abilities would do honestly)

Anyone know where that Mewtwo render comes from? Looks pretty dam cool.

Change Toon Link's tbh. And maybe make Sonic's a bit shorter.

Make Mario's final smash not a half baked piece of shit please

You literally can't hit anything with a decent jump with it.

I mean it was literally the first Final Smash we saw why was it so shit

Agreed. XD Visual-wise it was impressive, but we all know in-game that was the easiest FS to avoid with a simple jump.

Um, from Smash Bros. of course??? Can't wait until the official reveal of this completely legit returning character!

...In all seriousness, I'm wondering that myself. Would someone who makes fakes like this bother making something like that from scratch? I mean, they do have a lot of free time on their hands, apparently. :V

Ugh, I agree. Not only is it not useful but it isn't particularly interesting...

It's cool looking but the only stage it can cover decently is battlefield and that's only if you position yourself juuuussst right.

Maybe if it slowly expanded like a funnel it'd be more useful

...In all seriousness, I'm wondering that myself. Would someone who makes fakes like this bother making something like that from scratch? I mean, they do have a lot of free time on their hands, apparently. :V

Ahem...

Nice try using a CSP hack for Yoshi and Mewtwo, dumbass.

The render is probably on Brawl Vault.

Looking back, I'm pretty surprised Mario's final smash wasn't related to the Mega Mushroom, but maybe that would've harshed the vibe of Giga Bowser.. even though honestly him vs Mega Mario would make an awesome stage in mission mode!

I can actually see Kirby's final smash becoming that super-inhaling ability he has in Triple Deluxe. I mean, imagine it. Sucking in everyone within radius, and then shooting them out as a massive spinny star that gives the opponents a few spare seconds to jump out before they're knocked off the stage. Cook Kirby was cool, but this sounds good to me too.

As for anyone else.. hmm. Link's move could go with a bit of tweaking to be made easier to do. Maybe Toon Link can move winds with the Wind Waker to blow people off stage, instead of being a straight-up rehash? 

Can't really think of much more ways to expand any of them.

I could see the Mega Mushroom being a visually confusing Final Smash for Mario, if there are Super Mushrooms on the field as is.  Let us not forget the hilarity of the massive Landmaster falling down the central pit on Yoshi's Island too.

That fake select screen does look pretty good. The real one will probably be just like that, with some flashy backgrounds and shit.

zAnmWBt.gif

You lack faith in Sakurai-san. I am expecting him to deliver Ridley and nothing less.
And a mention about it on Miiverse.

For the Links, Final Smashes built around the sword seems the most appropriate to me.  Maybe give Link some variation of the Sword Beam/Skyward Strike, and Toon Link something Hurricane Spin related?

• Thumbs Up 1

You lack faith in Sakurai-san.

You're right. I don't. And for good reason.

A new Smash Bros. is definitely something that is hard to ignore and I'm sure that it'll be enjoyable to some extent but looking at Melee and Brawl in retrospect as well as what we've seen of the game currently leave me a little apprehensive. The game doesn't really look like a substantial upgrade from Brawl to me, in all honesty. I was hoping for some more meaningful system changes and not just shit like "We removed dumb RNG tripping factor."

Characters such as Bowser are luckily getting some sort of extra attention and touching up, but it doesn't look like this is being done for every character. The time and the effort (once again) seems to be almost entirely focused on the new characters and that's cool, but what about the people who aren't jumping for joy at any of these new characters? What do they have to look forward to that is fresh and new in the new Smash Bros.?

I'm pretty sure that Sakurai said that he's prioritizing the return of older characters as well, so we might end up having largely the same roster. Characters like Toon Link, Wolf and Ganondorf included. Lame.

I just kinda expected more, you know?