Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

>Fawful assist

>Mewtwo Returns

>K.K. Rool and Little Mac playable

YIS-

>Waluigi considered but scrapped

>no mentions about Golden Sun, Xenoblade or Dillon related stuff

Son, i am disappoint.

Overall, i'm not really sure what to think about that "leak": i'll just be on my way with my bag of salt on my shoulder.

EDIT: Pick of the day:

daily.jpg

It seems that Zelda is not impressed with King Dedede' knowledge in astrology.

• Thumbs Up 5

More like she bitch-slapped the fuck out of him for leering at herdaily.jpg

DDD - *dizzy*

Zelda - Touch my ass again, bitch!

DDD - What a woman!

Groose with Groosenator throwing bombs at players as an assist sounds awesome!!! Neat idea :3  but yeah, I can only see him as assist trophy and nothing more.

Do you guys think we'll get a Link Between Worlds reference somewhere? besides stickers and trophies? like a stage on 3DS or Assist trophy? 

Ravio would probably just be an alt. costume / color pallette for Link.

We never see Ravio in Link's outfit, only in his bulky rabbit costume, so I'm not sure about him; seems to me he'd need not just a completely different model but in all likelihood a different moveset, too.  I think Hilda is an absolute shoo-in for an alternative Zelda costume/colour, though; what few differences there are between them are so subtle that they could get away with a recolour.

I'm probably not going to get the game, but I'm really interested to see how much representation the handheld history of Nintendo gets.  More than Sonic's did in Generations 3DS, I hope.

That roster seems plausible...yeah, I would be okay with that. After all, Brawl already gave me Dedede, the Nintendo character I wanted the most, and I want Palutena and Little Mac to be playable. But, if I have to be honest, I don't actually care about Ridley. I love the 2D Metroid games but, Samus aside, I was never really interested in their characters. The same goes for K.Rool. The only characters I liked from the DK series were Funky Kong and Cranky Kong and I know full well that it's impossible for them to be playable. But there are two characters I'd actually want to play as. And they are Samurai Goroh, from F-Zero, and Sami, from Advance Wars. The former is my favourite F-Zero character, and a good foil to Captain Falcon. Unfortunately the F-Zero series seems to have been forgotten by  Nintendo. This, however, didn't stop Wolf, from another mistreated N series, from appearing in Brawl. The latter is my favourite character in Advance Wars. The first game that reached Europe and America, at least. And I think that series deserves something more than an assist trophy.

Isaac would also be sweet, if they are going for some portable games representation.

My forbidden dream would be the Black Mage from the first Final Fantasy, but...eh. Forbidden dream.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Ah- Soft and squishy"...

Um, yea.... That doesn't sound wrong at all.

Well it would've been more wrong if the groping was reversed.

Kind of sad where we live in a world where squishing a member of royalty's ass would be considered harassment, but doing the same to a member of royalty's big squishy cartoon penguin beak is played off for laughs.  Terrible.

• Thumbs Up 3

ebf448cac8eed29bcefcf589e49e786d.png

Well it would've been more wrong if the groping was reversed.

Kind of sad where we live in a world where squishing a member of royalty's ass would be considered harassment, but doing the same to a member of royalty's big squishy cartoon penguin beak is played off for laughs.  Terrible.

Congrats, you have a higher class then me.

"Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team."

List confirmed for fake. Everyone go home :P

• Thumbs Up 4

I know I'm like three pages late, but why do people here find K. Rool so unbelievable

He's the main villain of DKC and has a much bigger role in the game than Dixie. He has a wide variety of moves and his presence in the game would attract far more people than Dixie, as well as filling in the heavyweight niche. Not to mention the fact that the roster was decided long before Tropical Freeze was officially revealed.

There are things that stand out in that rumour far more than K. Rool getting in. He has plenty of reasons to be included in the game and virtually no reasons not to be. The only factor that at all impedes his chances is Dixie's appearance in Tropical Freeze, which is likely a complete non-factor, and there's nothing to stop the both of them from being included in the first place.

I know I'm like three pages late, but why do people here find K. Rool so unbelievable

He's the main villain of DKC and has a much bigger role in the game than Dixie. He has a wide variety of moves and his presence in the game would attract far more people than Dixie, as well as filling in the heavyweight niche. Not to mention the fact that the roster was decided long before Tropical Freeze was officially revealed.

There are things that stand out in that rumour far more than K. Rool getting in. He has plenty of reasons to be included in the game and virtually no reasons not to be. The only factor that at all impedes his chances is Dixie's appearance in Tropical Freeze, which is likely a complete non-factor, and there's nothing to stop the both of them from being included in the first place.

I honestly think he does deserve the spot and him as another villain/king would be awesome. But the lack of DK games for a while made him lose some relevance and when the series came back with DKC: Returns, he got replaced by those weird tiki-thingamajiggies, and now with Tropical Freeze there is no sight of him either as far as I know.

So I do find it kind of hard to believe, specially since we got Diddy already and the next logical inclusion would be Dixie.  I still think its possible and I'd be happy if he got in C:

Personally I think K. Rool would be the next logical addition rather than Dixie... as much as I LOVE Dixie and would adore her being made playable, I think K. Rool would have a better potential moveset than Dixie plus it'd be another villain addition. The only thing that leans against him is the fact that K. Rool hasn't been used much lately, which sucks. They should bring him back, and Smash Bros. would be the perfect place to do it.

But either way, if we get Dixie, K. Rool, or no new DK characters, it wouldn't bother me much. Either Dixie or K. Rool would be great, and if neither of them get in, that's room for another franchise's character to get in.

I don't see K. Rool being all that unbelievable, either, though. That is one thing that's bugging me about the debate here. Again, I think K. Rool has much greater potential as a playable addition that Dixie does (not that I wouldn't mind Dixie either).

I don't really care about DKC so that's the main reason I'm apathetic about K. Rool.  The fact that you never even see K. Rool unless you were good enough to beat those games makes him SORTA obscure in my head?  Like even in Donkey Kong 64 they give him the "don't show the face" treatment in all the cut-scenes to give him an air of cartooney mysteriousness.

Sort like how, even if you couldn't get past the first screen of Kid Icarus, the Reaper theme and the Game Over theme is well known to all players, so they made use of it in the primary music for Skyworld in Brawl.  K. Rool is like an opposite case of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like K.Rool.

Its just that he's more or less Bowser with a different skin. He'd probably have his own niche but even then Bowser would probably outshine him.

Not to mention because of their similarities people with no knowledge of DKC might think that they're brothers, clones, etc.

I like K.Rool.

Its just that he's more or less Bowser with a different skin. He'd probably have his own niche but even then Bowser would probably outshine him.

Not to mention because of their similarities people with no knowledge of DKC might think that they're brothers, clones, etc.

He's absolutely fucking nothing like Bowser. The only vague similarity they share at all is being large green reptile-like creatures.

Yeah I wouldn't say similarity to Bowser would be an issue.  I mean if we can have Peach, Rosalina and Zelda all in one game I think Bowser and K. Rool is fine.

Wasn't K. Rool not being in DKC:R a rights issue with Rare? If that is the case/still stands then surely there's no chance of him being in Smash at all?

Wasn't K. Rool not being in DKC:R a rights issue with Rare? If that still stands then surely there's no chance of him being in Smash at all?

Nope, Retro just wanted a new villain so they made a new villain. Nintendo still owns K. Rool and the Kremlings.

Nope, Retro just wanted a new villain so they made a new villain. Nintendo still owns K. Rool and the Kremlings.

Oh...never knew that! Well then fuck you, Retro.

Oh...never knew that! Well then fuck you, Retro.

I kind-of appreciate Retro for it honestly, as much as I love the kremlings. Retro didn't want to just rehash the same thing that the original three did, so they wanted to come up with something new to keep it fresh. That doesn't mean I don't want to see them in a new upcoming DKC though. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I like K.Rool.

Unfortunately stupid is as stupid does, they look completely different. They're nothing alike at all and K. Rool has his own distinct appearance and fighting style and they can easily pull away with a ton of different moves he's used across a variety of games.

Bowser is based on the design of a fire-breathing dinosaur or wingless dragon. K. Rool is based on a crocodile/aligator. The notion of both of them being based on lizards is the only thing they have in common with one another.

Frankly I'd love to see Bowser, Ridley, and K. Rool all appear. We could even have a battle of the lizards with Yoshi having to fight the three of them--or something like that--as an event match.

On that note, vs. Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man will definitely be an event match. Calling it.

Wasn't K. Rool not being in DKC:R a rights issue with Rare? If that still stands then surely there's no chance of him being in Smash at all?

Where do you get that idea? Last I heard its because Miyamoto didn't want K. Rool in (or it was Retro). If K. Rool has a rights issue with Rare, Diddy, Cranky, Funky, Dixie, and anyone else other than Donkey Kong would've come back after Rare left.

Rare was hired to make the games and they created the characters, but the name Donkey Kong was licensed from Nintendo, and any related characters became Nintendo property.

K. Rool has appeared as recently as DK Barrel Blast and Mario Super Sluggers, which were not connected to Rare at all. (Its also notable that Diddy Kong Racing DS removing Conker and Banjo, two Rare characters, and replaced them with Dixie and Tiny, respectively.)

EDIT: As much as I was hoping to see K. Rool come back, I don't mind introducing new villains. I still want to see K. Rool back again later, though.

Where do you get that idea? 

I just swear I read it somewhere when DKC:R was announced and I never really looked into it, haha. Obviously not then!

It was baseless speculation by people who didn't know what they were talking about. K Rool appeared in plenty of games after Rare was bought by Microsoft.