Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I actually enjoyed doing everything in melee though I doubt I really have the energy to do it in brawl since I can't really get into the battle system for it anymore.

I think you were required to have certain games saved on your Memory Card to obtain trophies in Super Smash Bros Melee as well(someone correct me if I'm wrong), which was unnecessary. Failed to 100% the game because of this.

That only applied to the Pikmin trophy, and even then, that was a trophy that could be obtained randomly.

The Mario & Yoshi and Samus Unmasked trophies were given out at special events. The Tamagon trophy was Japan-exclusive.

The context of Sakurai's quote indicates it's part of the game's story mode.

Where am I……?? To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary.

The games do not feature a story mode like the Subspace Emissary, but that doesn't mean the games don't have a story mode at all.

Cool, so we're getting an Adventure Mode of some kind.

Is that a location from another game or something original? Either way, the sorta-mechanical platforms look out of place...

This probably isn't a new stage. The caption for this pic mentions the SSE, so it's probably an Adventure Mode level.

(https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlHGgj1Kw)

I know its not a new stage but I was wondering if anyone know were this level theme is from? It could be a random level theme from the story

Edit: looked at Miiverse comments, some people are thinking its from the Reset bomb factory. anyone agree? (I'm not so sure myself since I haven't played Kid icarus.)

Viridi'a Reset Bomb Forest is riddled with thorns and rocky areas. It's also hot pink.

The closest things I can think of that this story mode stage looks similar to are the Sacred Grove from Twilight Princess and the Faron Woods Silent Realm from Skyward Sword, but that's extremely pushing it.

So it's either an existing Nintendo location we can't think of or it's an original stage just for the Adventure Mode?

It already looks more interesting than Subspace, so that's a start. But I wonder what Adventure Mode is actually going to be about?

daily.jpg4

Anyone know were this level is from

Since it looks like a 3DS screen, it could be the Donkey Kong Country Returns level that was showed for like 3 seconds in the E3 trailer.

The problem is that those platforms don't look like from that game. Uhm...

It looks a little cartoony for a Metroid stage aside from the platforms.

Wasn't their a stage based off some Mii game showed weeks ago? Otherwise I'm ain't 100% sure on this

It looks a little cartoony for a Metroid stage aside from the platforms.

Wasn't their a stage based off some Mii game showed weeks ago? Otherwise I'm ain't 100% sure on this

No space looks like this in the Streetpass Plaza games.  Source: I've invested far too much time into them buh

If it's a "hub" of some kind like All-Star Mode, it'd have to be awfully big to involve a pit (that obviously must lead somewhere, not kill you, if it's a hub).  My guess is, if there's an Adventure mode, it's part of that, or perhaps it's a new look for Race to the Finish.

I was realize this stage may actually be for the Adventure mode

stg8.png

If we look back to the E3 trailer, there's a split second that shows Mario jumping up from this area into a more foresty area that also has a platform to the side. Yeah, this is probably an Adventure mode area

The fact that Sakurai mentioned SSE within context of this new image implies to me that this is from whatever 1player mode we're getting this time. It's too small to know for sure, but it looks like a sidescrolling platforming stage i.e. SSE or Adventure Mode.

The worst thing about this (and who knows if it's intentional on Sakurai's part or not..) is that it's worded in such a way that makes it difficult to take the exact meaning from.

To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary.

Does this mean "it does not feature a story mode" or does it mean "the story mode won't be like SSE"?

The confusion might actually be intentional, but it could also be because like always Sakurai's translated English isn't perfect, the lack of comma may be a genuine error, etc. It's clear there will be some kind of 1player adventure, but the way this particular line is worded implies it will be a story mode, it just won't be like SSE.

Confusing.

Maybe they'll finally announce the true heart of the smash series and the most respected of the original 12. Jigglypuff.

• Thumbs Up 4

Here is a thought, what if in celebration of SSB64 15th anniversary they release it on the Wii-U E-shop at a discounted price? with online multiplayer

So who else is for new final smashes

If Rambi isn't DK's final smash I will be disappoint

DK definitely needs a new Final Smash, whatever it ends up being. As neat a concept as the Donkey Konga bongo move was... it was kinda lame. Personally I think he should summon Cranky Kong to beat up the opponents and bitch about how much better he is than them... but that would probably be best saved for an Assist Trophy... unless DK summons THE ENTIRE DK CREW to rain banana hell down upon his enemies? Complete with the DK Rap playing in the background? I'd be up for that.

Peach needs a new Final Smash too. Preferably something to do with her Super Princess Peach special attacks.