Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

With it nearly being the anniversary and all, figured this needed posting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K783SDTBKmg

Ah sweet nostaglia, they really need to do an updated one of these

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they replaced sonics down b with some sort of wisp move or something, he could be a pretty versatile character both in speed and set ups if he could use wisps within his moveset, I know not everyone likes there inclusion in the games but since this is a fighting game and all they could make for some great options with sonics otherwise lackluster moveset (I like his moves but I feel as though more could be done with them).

The Wisps are such a recent thing, and aren't one of Sonic's key abilities. I dunno, they don't see right for a character like him. A Laser Wisp as an item that makes the user bounce around the stage and edges of the screen, damaging anyone they bump into but potentially leaving them in a bad spot afterwards could be fun though.

I also thought it would be interesting to see Sonic's Light Dash in the way it appeared in Battle - Sonic throws a ring with one button press, and then on the next he spindashes through the air or along the ground to collect it again, damaging anyone he comes into contact with along the way.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic desperately needs to have more of his Sonic Battle moveset. That drop down kick thing from Sonic battle would work nicely as his F-air.

And also having the instasheild as his Neutral Air would be pretty awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, I wish they took more of Sonic's move sets from Battle, It would certainly buff his power having so many knock back moves and combo cancelling attacks, also having the mid-air heel kick be a potential meteor strike.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I certainty don't want Sonic to be overpowered, I'd like to see his Shot move from Battle to be one of his specials. It feels like something that could work in the Smash Bros. games but they decided to say "LOLNOPE." The only reason why I say Sonic would be overpowered with it is because its a projectile with little consequence and possibly give Sonic a more defensive position since it knocks him back, in theory anyways.

I personally want to see more references to Fighters but then again not really since move of Sonic's moves are kind of generic in that game compared to Battle's unique sprites for each character.

Sonic just needs a decent killing move or two. I could rack up so much damage and still not be able to take out anyone reliably with a tilt.

It's fucking nothing

zxkxWba.jpg

"Pic of the day. This is the Luma Shot, which highlights the different ways to control your Luma. You can switch between controlling the Luma alongside Rosalina or away from her."
""Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults.""

B-B-But
wYnsL2Q.gif

How about light speed attack, charge up the spin dash until sonic says ready and he does a powerful homing attack.

Had a feeling it was nothing.

It worse that there is nothing to talk about from this pic, we pretty much knew this from the reveal.

"Hey guys, thanks for bombarding me with private messages about today being the anniversary of Smash Bros, means a lot! To celebrate, here's a doodle of a penis I drew during today's brainstorming session. I find it very amusing. Thank you for fifteen years of giving Nintendo money."

"Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults."

Sakurai has mastered the art of saying absolutely nothing while still talking mouth words

I can't decide whether this is impressive or unbelievably frustrating

I'd prefer Sonic to be a bit slower honestly, but have more of an impact with his attacks. 

Da fuq? How does that compute? :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic can go from one end of Smashville to the other before the word "GO" even leaves the screen at the start of the match, there's gonna be at least a couple of people who would like him to be just a tad slower. Obviously not to the same speed as Captain Falcon, since that's Sonic's niche, but just a tad.

Sonic does have a few more finishers than Back Air only, FSmash, and Dsmash though. They're just awkward. Spin Dash -> Spin Dash Jump -> Nair is a true combo at 180%, the first hit of Uair has set knockback, so hitting someone with a falling Uair with Sonic hitting the ground sets up for Utilt, which kills at 180% as well, and I would not be getting so many KOs if Uthrow at 95% -> Buffered Spring -> Buffered Bair didn't at least set up a frame trap.

Sonic's somewhat low/awkward kill power is only so because it is hard for Sonic to not get inside and leave without dealing around 25% per scuffle. Spin Dash/Charge is that good. A move that for some weird reason gets its priority doubled and adds a second hit in if you tilt the control stick in the direction it's going when in the air, gets a new hitbox when it hits the ground, and gets yet another hitbox by jumping with it, which leads directly into Sonic's aerials as if Sonic just simply jumped, and which can set up to Nair and Bair true combo kills. This move is absolutely godly.

If his power was increased in Smash 4, I feel like that would come at the expense of nerfing Spin Dash's capabilities during development. And I think that would make it even harder for Sonic to get things done, ironically enough. Great kill power doesn't mean much when you have no way to set up for it. Luigi, Lucas, Zelda, and Ganon are good examples of that.

I personally want to see more references to Fighters but then again not really since move of Sonic's moves are kind of generic in that game compared to Battle's unique sprites for each character.

A majority of Sonic's moves in Brawl come from Sonic the Fighters, almost all of them them. There isn't much more to add from that game.

Sonic_Lost_World_WiiU.jpg

I can't identify if this is a joke or not, because SLoW's toned-down speed was one of the game's biggest criticisms :U

zAnmWBt.gif

It's fucking nothing

Chooch called it mang

It's fucking nothing

zxkxWba.jpg

"Pic of the day. This is the Luma Shot, which highlights the different ways to control your Luma. You can switch between controlling the Luma alongside Rosalina or away from her."

""Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults.""

B-B-But

wYnsL2Q.gif

SAKURAAAAIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

Chooch called it mang

Of course I did. My brother's ex-wife's sister has a cousin that works for Nintendo.

I laugh at anyone who thought we'd see anything substantial today.

• Thumbs Up 6

Da fuq? How does that compute? laugh.png

It computes rather well. I'm not saying he should be slower than everyone else, because he shouldn't, but they really need to slow him down a little and give him a moveset that works alot better at delivering damage, because he honestly kind-of sucks in Brawl when it comes to the amount of damage he can deliver, and it's hard to knock people off the stage with Sonic. 

Was hoping the pic of the day would at least highlight something that's a Smash Bros original (like I dunno, Master Hand, though I guess that would force them to show off Final Destination, which I admit I'd love to see for the first time in-game).  Blah well.

Dunno what would've been worse - that he's aware of it enough to make a comment and nothing more, or had he not mentioned it at all as if he didn't keep track.

I knew he wouldn't reveal anything special today, kinda sad that he pretty much forgot about the anniversary, til some fans sent him some messages xD.

But to be honest, while the pic is a bit boring, we got confirmation that there's a special move that serves solely for separating Luma (and I bet there's one to call him/her/it back.)  so it gives us a better idea :3  To be honest I'd like to see Yoshi and Jiggly confirmed, but let the newcomers for a bit later, at this pace we will know most of em before launch.

So, what Sonic stages are you guys expecting in Single player mode? Assuming he gets any at all.