Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I find it hilarious how, even on Smash Bros.' 15th anniversary, Sakurai refuses to post something meaningful. Instead, more Rosalina and Luma! I mean, it's nice to get more screens of the newcomer, but I was hoping for something more celebratory of the franchise itself. Even if it was just an art thing instead of a screenshot/announcement.

But eh, the lovable troll he is (Ganondorf takes his sword out, etc), I can't be mad at him.

here is a thought, we are in for a nintendo direct this week, right? and they generaly are on thursdays right? well what if there was no big announcement today because they are saving it for the Direct this thursday, and perhaps even a E-shop release of SSB64 as well? how does that sound

theirs a Nintendo Direct this week?

Hmm, maybe we'll get a anniversity suprise then....maybe, or it'll just be Wario cause he's pretty much expected now.

^ Geez think outside the box a little man.  =\

Splash Hill, Windy Hill.

C'mon, we all know Sonic's single player stage will be Seaside Hill. It always is.

Wish there would be an EggFleet, or say city escape even

Maybe be have something similar to classic city escape where the truck is wrecking havoc and if your to slow, your done for.

And once you catch the truck you ride on top of it and go on a city escape tour, while fighting G.U.N forces.

I even had an idea of city escape as Sonic's stage where its a tour around city escape and make stops at the most memorable places. 

No more Sonic colors, We got it enough now. it'd still be cool, but no.

the last direct was on a Wednesdays. but if it seems like it, then we would here about it tomorrow morning at least. I feel like its too early for a Direct.

Well actually there is still a bunch of games they still need to talk about

Yarn Yoshi

Mario golf

Yoshi new island

New games

Sonic lost world: Zelda DLC

and some other games i'm not to sure of.

I've heard speculation that there's to be one, based on comments I haven't seen from a certain developer indicating that there's to be a press event on Friday.  But I don't believe one's been announced yet... wouldn't be surprised, though.

C'mon, we all know Sonic's single player stage will be Seaside Hill. It always is.

It's obviously going to be Turquoise Hill

Sonic'll get one stage (Windy Hill), some music in the OST, and maybe an assist trophy if he's lucky.

Expecting anything more is unrealistic tbh.

Sonic's a guest but he's also a veteran now so I don't think a little something extra is unrealistic.

I'd rather have Eggmanland, since a mechanical stage is more representative of the series as a whole along with the "Green Hill Zone"

But we already have our console stage and it's not going to be on 3DS so we're probably either going to get a Sonic Colours stage or another fucking Green Hill

Again, I can't see Sonic getting much more than what he got in Brawl. A character, a stage for each version, an assist, some trophies, some stickers, some music, and done. I just don't see much else happening, especially with all of the Nintendah that we could be getting instead. 

Also stop being losers and agree with me on E.G.G. Rocket being the only good 3DS stage choice

Sonic's very likely to have two stages - Windy Hill on Wii U and something else on 3DS. Seeing the series get more rep than that in any version, extra characters or items would really surprise me.

Actually that's an interesting thought... how would you rep the Sonic series as an item? Because to the best of my knowledge he didn't have one in Brawl.

It would be kind of neat to replace crates with item monitors as a stage gimmick, complete with an icon revealing its contents, but part of me wonders if you could have rings restore small amounts of health like the food pickups in Melee/Brawl, only on touch rather than pickup, or a checkered wrecking ball you can pick up and throw around the place and cause it to roll like barrels or wheely-crates.

A 10 Rings monitor.

When the person who hit the monitor gets hit, instead of getting more percent tacked on, he/she instead loses the ten rings, which go flying off ala Classic Sonic games, and players have a limited time to collect them again before they disappear. Anyone can collect the rings and be granted the same kind of temporary immunity, but just like in the Classic games, each hit will propel the rings even faster and farther away.

Perfect.

You guys realise Sonic Lost World was on 3DS too right..?

Can't escape Windy Hill, no escape, you think you're safe on SSB3DS? Think again. Windy Hill.

• Thumbs Up 3

You guys realise Sonic Lost World was on 3DS too right..?

Can't escape Windy Hill, no escape, you think you're safe on SSB3DS? Think again. Windy Hill.

Art_stg01_04.jpg

Don't try and deny it.

Sega have gone some time without this.

They'll use ASRT as their excuse to why it's in. 

BELIEVE

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's a guest but he's also a veteran now so I don't think a little something extra is unrealistic.

I personally think his veteran status is more than enough tbh. The only thing I can see the Sonic series getting in addition to a stage and assist trophy in the new Smash is a Sonic series item like mentioned before. I personally would like to see a shield actually, since it is one of the first items you get in the very first Sonic. Something that prevents you from any short of knock back for at least one big hit (Such as a smash) or something with a bit of durability but isn't as affecting as the Invincibility Star item.

Actually that's an interesting thought... how would you rep the Sonic series as an item? Because to the best of my knowledge he didn't have one in Brawl.

It would be kind of neat to replace crates with item monitors as a stage gimmick, complete with an icon revealing its contents, but part of me wonders if you could have rings restore small amounts of health like the food pickups in Melee/Brawl, only on touch rather than pickup, or a checkered wrecking ball you can pick up and throw around the place and cause it to roll like barrels or wheely-crates.

Well, I said before that I think the Cyan Wisp could be fun in that it could briefly make the user bounce around the level before spontaneously ending anywhere on the screen. Otherwise... I'm not sure what else they could put in. Everything in the series beside rings and wisps functions in a manner already covered.

So, what Sonic stages are you guys expecting in Single player mode? Assuming he gets any at all.

At the most, I am expecting a Green Hill like level. If we're lucky, though, we may get a level based off of Scrap Brain or Chemical Plant, or even City Escape even (though the City Escape part seems unrealistic, and is just me hoping, but hey.)