Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I know it's not going to happen because it's so obvious that it's easy to forget aand because SM3DL's already doing it, but why not have a stage that emphasizes Sonic's goal of getting from Point A to Point B really fast and completing stages in the fastest time possible, by having the Sonic stage be the entire level list of Sonic 1?

Mushroomy Kingdom and/or PTAD and/or Rumble Falls on speed, basically. Get the iconic features of Green Hill through Scrap Brain, combine and connect them all, and loop it. I'd play the hell out of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Breakable monitors with a few different possible effects seems like a decent idea. 10 rings heals some damage, invincibility gives a power star, speed shoes give a bunny hood, Eggman makes it explode when broken...maybe have random monitors, so long as the Eggman explosion isn't too powerful...

• Thumbs Up 2

I know it's not going to happen because it's so obvious that it's easy to forget aand because SM3DL's already doing it, but why not have a stage that emphasizes Sonic's goal of getting from Point A to Point B really fast and completing stages in the fastest time possible, by having the Sonic stage be the entire level list of Sonic 1?

Mushroomy Kingdom and/or PTAD and/or Rumble Falls on speed, basically. Get the iconic features of Green Hill through Scrap Brain, combine and connect them all, and loop it. I'd play the hell out of that.

Me likely! I am all for this kind of thing! It would very much be cool!

A stage from Sonic generations. White limbo, featuring the nine levels, first you start out in White limbo and then time eater comes in.  makes the whole background go purple in transition into any of the 9 levels. Thats me thinking outside of the box

...why does no one go for simple with their stages? tongue.png

It's Brawl's fault, really. And that's coming from someone who liked a lot of the new stages in that game.

Honestly think it'll be something from Rush. I can't really remember a portable Sonic game that's gotten as much attention as the first one before. I still want a Game Gear rep just for the lols, but that's pretty doubtful, so yeah, definitely something from Rush. The past 3 games wouldn't be unrealistic either, but I feel like all of them (sans the arguable SLW) are kinda the forgotten versions of the full console halves.

9XyuH5s.jpg

"Pic of the day. There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab."

Oh shit.

Edit: He made another quick post

"Some other changes include:

-Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.

-Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage."

• Thumbs Up 4

Trumping grabs? It's a little thing but it could change a lot about edge guarding now that you can "object" a character's grab. Which actually sounds kind of cool.

This is a very good thing. It's not something one would think would be edited so thoroughly, but it's very welcoming to see this being mixed up.

Combination of air time (a stat that is actually recorded during a match and shown in the results) + damage affecting invincibility seems to be a direct attack on the planking strategy that Meta Knight and Game & Watch use in Brawl, without actually nerfing the ledge itself. Brilliant.

The "grab controls" he's talking about must mean the get-up attacks and ledge jumps, since they're the only things that are affected by the 100% threshold. Removing the change altogether is excellent - Sonic's the only character I can think of whose get-up attack is better at above 100%, and everyone's jumps are worse, so to have what's presumably the better option at all times helps keep characters alive and dangerous to the end.

• Thumbs Up 2

Suddenly, out of nowhere, THIS:

1390374382923.jpg

1390374316404.jpg

I don't know where this came from, but someone posted this over at SmashBoards. I'm not sure what I think of this, but it looks slightly less fake than a lot of other "leaked" images.

FINALLY info on a global mechanic. This is some pretty intriguing information. I wonder what kind of an effect this will have on ledge interaction overall.

• Thumbs Up 1

1390374382923.jpg

1390374316404.jpg

I don't know where this came from, but someone posted this over at SmashBoards. I'm not sure what I think of this, but it looks slightly less fake than a lot of other "leaked" images.

I want that to be real so badly but I'm not gonna get my hopes up :(

http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-102#post-16236487

http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-102#post-16236512

http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-102#post-16236527

The chances of this being real are rising somewhat. Nothing concrete has shown up, but people are searching through screen shots to prove/disprove it. We'll see, I guess.

I'm not fucking falling for it. Nope.

I really hope it's real.

• Thumbs Up 1

1390374382923.jpg

1390374316404.jpg

Please please please please please Sakurai let this be legit

Don't go pulling any bullshit Assist Trophy crap on us either, that character needs to be playable dammit

Also if she's in - be it playable or an AT - that would mean for certain that Pit's getting a new Final Smash

Also if she's in - be it playable or an AT - that would mean for certain that Pit's getting a new Final Smash

I thought about this since the developer direct video. Pit doesn't seem to have the Mirror Shield as his Down Special; it was replaced with the Guardian Orbiters. Maybe he uses the 3 Sacred Treasures as his Final Smash,

I dunno what to say about those images. I'm hoping they're real.

What's trumping?

This info he gave us is confusing me, did link automatically stole mario's edge?

To trump is to surpass something, yeah.

Basically Mario was grabbing the edge, then along comes Link, who (for whatever reason) takes priority of the grab and Mario is flung off into the air.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously seriously hoping this is real, and the damn lack of evidence to suggest otherwise is making it hard to keep my hopes down :(

Keep in mind that.. there hasn't been a Direct yet this month, and Nintendo are asking fans to keep an eye out for the release of Pokémon Bank.. I'm thinking there will be a Direct sometime this week, and maybe then we'll have some light shed on those screens.

1390374382923.jpg

1390374316404.jpg

What the unholy shit is up with her face and that staff?

Palutena being a newcomer is kind of expected but if this is really what we're getting then I'll be the first to say they're getting a bit sloppy with the characters.

Screenshots are a bit too predictably set up anyways so I doubt they're real.

Palutena being a newcomer is kind of expected but if this is really what we're getting then I'll be the first to say they're getting a bit sloppy with the characters.

In their defence it seems like a lot of characters get shown early and then get worked on over time. For example Pit originally looked really sloppy but has looked a lot better in more recent screenshots.

So considering that, it could be that in Nintendo's desperation for some damage control they had Sakurai prepare Palutena for reveal earlier than she was intended, if there is going to be a Direct like that this week or next, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're going to reveal things earlier than intended simply because they need the damage control.

It could obviously still be fake, but, an early announcement of one of the more anticipated newcomers really makes sense right now.

This trump would be good for characters that has recovery jumps that don't lay attacks like lucario, players can edge steal from lucario easy.