Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Well, apparently, that Nintendo Direct thing people thought would happen did not happen at all today. Now, who else thinks we'll get a Nintendo Direct next week, and may we see a new character reveal?

BTW, it was the Ice Climbers' anniversary today? Man, it sucks that they were not announced to day for the new Smash Bros. I wonder if they will be in at all?

The 3DS certainly got an upgrade in graphics.

Well you see, it was taken with the 3DS camera. 

Oh loardy Lucario's back

..I hear the train for Mewtwo has left the station.

Final Smash will be Mega Lucario; I don't see that Pokehameha one being his again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1517435_818201231538771_1947861144_n.jpg

#WheresMewtwo

Oh god damn it, I really wanted Mewtwo back.

Well, guess hes going to have his Mega X/Y form as his final smash this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please I'm begging ya make him faster cause my goodness that dudes slow as all hell as for mewtwo what's to say he won't return?

Oh cool, a character I barely use is back…..

Why is he back? His stardom from Gen 4 is all but gone now. I hope this doesn't slim Mewtwo's chances.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh hell yeah. Lucario is one of my favorite Pokemon and he was pretty good in Brawl, so I'm happy. Also, I doubt that this will have baring on Mewtwo coming back. Lucario and Mewtwo are very different from each other.

Dang, still no sonic.

Not even ice climbers too.

I never thought lucario was coming back.

Uh, Sonic's been announced...so I don't follow?

I did use Lucario as my main (if that's what you call it) in Brawl, so this is..nice? Make him a bit speedier and that'll be dandy.

I'm pretty glad lucario is back, even though he wasn't so great in brawl he should be better here (sides even after gen 4, he is still one of my favorite pokemon).

Well kinda underwhelming since I was expecting a new "hey cool biped poke bro," but I honestly can't say I'm disappointed since I love Lucario still lawl. He looks really good in those shots (as do all these characters honestly), so pretty excited. I wasn't really one for wanting Mewtwo back super bad, but I could understand how this might make it feel less so now since they were sorta similar.

But yeah I hope he gets some changes since I wasn't really fond of using him in Brawl for whatever reason.

Why is he back? His stardom from Gen 4 is all but gone now. I hope this doesn't slim Mewtwo's chances.

It shouldn't seeing as X/Y Mewtwo was made into a big deal with a movie and special, while all X/Y Lucario got was a screenshot and an art pic. but there would be no point have 2 character with the exact same ablities in the game.

BUT then again, Marth > Roy > Ike. all the same type but with different types of the same moves. they can do something with that with Mewtwo.

11 new pics for the night, and still no sight of Sonic.

That's...honestly kind of depressing and, dare I say, ominous? Lack of not even a glimpse of Sonic's nose for the past month and half makes it appear like Sora's trying to phase him out. It's hyperbole, sure, but a single pic would be enough to quell my apprehension.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty cool with Lucario being back. A bit bummed that this lowers Mewtwo's chances considerably, but oh well.

And yeah I'll be shocked if his Final Smash isn't his Mega form.

I hope he actually gets a decent finisher this time. His Aura Sphere was decent but it was too slow to be accurate.

He better keep his down air, cause that little tapdance thing he did that keeps him in the air a little longer is pretty funny.

Uh, Sonic's been announced...so I don't follow?

I did use Lucario as my main (if that's what you call it) in Brawl, so this is..nice? Make him a bit speedier and that'll be dandy.

its been awhile since we got a pic from sonic.

I have no idea how you got this impression when Lucario litterally has his own battle with another Lucario to show off the Mega Evolution, and he's still one of the best Physical Sweepers.

• Thumbs Up 5

If you listen closely, you can hear Mewtwo crying in the distance over its chances of returning slipping away.

The most important thing is will Lucario's Final Smash be altered or outright changed thanks to Mega Evolutions.

Why?

That's my only question. Lucario's popularity has dwindled since 2008. I guess Sakurai has a soft heart for Goku.

Edit: I guess this is Sakurai trying to bring back as many of Brawl's characters without cutting them out.

At this point I'm expecting everyone cept Snake to return (if he did I wouldn't complain tho)

Yes! One of my mains has returned! Hell yeah! I thought Lucario was very fun to use in Brawl so I, for one, am glad to see him back! And I'm glad he still gains strength from damage -- even more so this time according to Sakurai. And he looks great in the new artstyle, too. Can't wait to use him.

All I need is Yoshi and Mr. Game and Watch and all my veteran mains will be back.