Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Well, damn. No Mewtwo...

These reveals really make the mind itch like hell. Not that I don't mind Lucario, but damn I've been having my fingers crossed here!

Why do you guys think that Lucario's return reduces Mewtwo's chances of being in the game? They literally play nothing alike aside from their neutral B. If Mewtwo isn't in the game, it's because Sakurai didn't want him in. Not because Lucario's in it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why do you guys think that Lucario's return reduces Mewtwo's chances of being in the game? They literally play nothing alike aside from their neutral B. If Mewtwo isn't in the game, it's because Sakurai didn't want him in. Not because Lucario's in it.

Well he also takes a spot as a Pokemon rep, so even disregarding their different playstyles it's not like his return doesn't lessen Mewtwo's chances.

But this is Sakurai, so who knows?

screen-5.jpg

Lucario - Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind! If you want to test me-

I am so fucking sorry...

No I'm not...laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 2

11 new pics for the night, and still no sight of Sonic.

That's...honestly kind of depressing and, dare I say, ominous? Lack of not even a glimpse of Sonic's nose for the past month and half makes it appear like Sora's trying to phase him out. It's hyperbole, sure, but a single pic would be enough to quell my apprehension.

he would of fit with the pic when Lucario, Megaman, and mario with against the yellow devil. not even  pic where its Megaman, Sonic and Lucario, blue guys. idk.

And after realizing that they're are three characters in the stage its most likely that the yellow devil is a boss hazard. hopefully it can be turned off, playing serious with some megaman tunes would be nice. unless more than 2p co-op for boss battles.

People are most likely thinking they don't want to flood the game with Pokemon reps so the more that are announced the less chance a new (or old one) can appear.

I feel like they might get rid of Pokemon trainer and MewTwo might come back.

he would of fit with the pic when Lucario, Megaman, and mario with against the yellow devil. not even  pic where its Megaman, Sonic and Lucario, blue guys. idk.

Ironically, this is the last Sonic pic:

e5hApHy.png

Just makes the situation a lot more discomforting. :<

11 new pics for the night, and still no sight of Sonic.

That's...honestly kind of depressing and, dare I say, ominous? Lack of not even a glimpse of Sonic's nose for the past month and half makes it appear like Sora's trying to phase him out. It's hyperbole, sure, but a single pic would be enough to quell my apprehension.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, it doesn't really bother me because there's a (small?) chance it means there's work being done to Sonic moveset wise or something. Even if that's not the case, though, I'm not really worried.

Well he also takes a spot as a Pokemon rep, so even disregarding their different playstyles it's not like his return doesn't lessen Mewtwo's chances.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It isn't that they're too similar, it's the number of reps. And I don't think Jiggly or the PKM Trainer will be leaving...well, I guess it could go either way with them, but yeah.

I will be absolutely SHOCKED if Jigglypuff gets the boot.

Even if sonic is getting worked on, he can still show of his blue self. 

it's weird that we were getting a lack of pikachu pictures too yet out of nowhere a pokemon reveal. 

Lucario was my second favorite character to use in Brawl after Sonic, so I'm more than happy to have him back on the roster. He looks awesome, and I do hope his Mega form will be incorporated in some way.

Be nice to see Mewtwo again, especially since they pretty much shoved him back into the spotlight recently, with his Mega form as well, but I'm good with or without him.

Lucario's the only required Pokemon acquisition that is not a Kalos or Kanto starter.

He's as close to a Guest Star Party Member as Pokemon is going to get.

Lucario..? Was he even in X/Y?

Oh well, another easy character to K.O while playing online, no matter how good you get with him.

And hey, if he's getting a buff, I don't see how Sonic isn't going to change in some way, it's only fair smile.png

...Yes. It's kind of very hard to miss it.

448-m.png

Especially since it got a Mega Evolution.

Is it wrong of me to kinda want Lucario to be voiced by Sean Schemmel again, and to have the inevitable Mega Lucario use Schemmel's Black Doom voice?

Gotta remember that Lucario has a pretty memorable plot point in XY as well, and I don't think his popularity ever went totally dead. I mean it's not like how it was in Gen 4 but I still think he's regarded as one of the top "cool" pokemon types. I'm just curious if they're really gonna have 5 slots of Pokemon characters, or if Jiggly or Pokemon Trainer will get the boot. I guess there could just be no new Pokemon characters period, but I find that really unlikely and rather boring since we've got two new gens since last time. I'd love for Jiggly to be axed for something, but I know that's an unpopular opinion lawl. I like Pokemon Trainer and the Pokemon it uses, but I guess an alternative would be for it to use Gen 6 Pokemon or something, but eh.

Anyway, I don't doubt for a second that Lucario's Final Smash is changed to his Mega Evolution, which will be really rad. I just hope it's something like Wario's where you control him and whatnot, basically just being super powered and everything.

Speaking of I'm kinda curious to what the new comer's final smashes are. Villager's seems like it could be almost anything from the games, I have no clue on the Wii Fit Trainer, I'm not familiar enough with Rosalina or Mega Man. As for the veterans, I actually hope most of them change just to keep it fresh, especially on really unimaginative ones like Mario and Link. Fox should use his Arwing, Pit with something more about Uprising, etc.

I'm assuming Final Smashes are back anyways XD

• Thumbs Up 2

If Sonic hasn't been around for a while then I'm wondering if he's getting his moveset altered.. or maybe even his model, since its slightly off compared to his recent "modern" design.

I would only be half-surprised if Sonic got the boot, since Lost World tanked so badly.

No one's saying a character can't be cut mid-development.

/GradeAPessimist

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of I'm kinda curious to what the new comer's final smashes are. Villager's seems like it could be almost anything from the games, I have no clue on the Wii Fit Trainer, I'm not familiar enough with Rosalina or Mega Man. As for the veterans, I actually hope most of them change just to keep it fresh, especially on really unimaginative ones like Mario and Link. Fox should use his Arwing, Pit with something more about Uprising, etc.

I think they showed off Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash (or at least, an early version of it) in her reveal trailer. There was a part where she fires out a bunch of multi-colored silhouettes of herself, and well, it's hard for me to imagine that as anything but a Final Smash.

It's all up in the air for the other characters though, yeah.

Oh, hey, Lucario's back! Awesome! He was one of my mains, and I'm gonna enjoy playing h-

>his aura has been powered up

... Oh, yes. Hopefully that means upping the amount of attack power he gets when he's got high damage, because that would be brutal.

Also, I don't think we've seen this stage yet:

screen-9.jpg

I'm pretty sure there isn't a Galaxy stage on the 3DS version, and this doesn't look like any game I've seen before, despite being vaugely familiar...

• Thumbs Up 2

If Sonic hasn't been around for a while then I'm wondering if he's getting his moveset altered.. or maybe even his model, since its slightly off compared to his recent "modern" design.

I really hope so. I know others have said it as well, and it's no secret that a lot of people were kinda "eh his moves look the same" when he was announced for this, so it'd be fantastic if they were using some time to make him a bit more interesting and different. If I recall he was kinda a late addition to Brawl, so I was really hoping after that game that he'd be announced early on the next installment as kind of a way of showing that he's been given more time to be worked on this time around. So far all that has happened, but yet the only thing we've seen so far is the same so it's kinda aaaa. I guess I don't have a problem with him being the same, but I feel like it's a lot of lost potential, idk.

I think they showed off Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash (or at least, an early version of it) in her reveal trailer. There was a part where she fires out a bunch of multi-colored silhouettes of herself, and well, it's hard for me to imagine that as anything but a Final Smash.

It's all up in the air for the other characters though, yeah.

Oh wow I actually totally forgot about that haha. Thanks for reminding me XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it? I thought it looked like they just took the existing model and put it in here.

I would only be half-surprised if Sonic got the boot, since Lost World tanked so badly.

No one's saying a character can't be cut mid-development.

/GradeAPessimist

You have to chill. He wasn't thrown out.

Sonic wasn't doing so well back during the time Brawl was out, though, so that doesn't mean much. Wasn't Secret Rings the most recent Sonic game when Brawl came out? I personally don't mind that game, I'm just speaking in terms of general reception here. With '06 being the most recent main series game, at that?

Besides, it'd be ridiculously petty to remove him because of one game. Then again I speak as someone who liked said game...

Is it? I thought it looked like they just took the existing model and put it in here.

It looks like the Brawl model just...Not Awful. :V Could do with some tweaks maybe, but it's fine. His expressions could be more, err, expressive tho', but since they're doing that with a bunch of characters I'll be surprised if he doesn't get the same touch.

Is it wrong of me to kinda want Lucario to be voiced by Sean Schemmel again, and to have the inevitable Mega Lucario use Schemmel's Black Doom voice?

>Final Smash is Mega Lucario

>"THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER... BEYOND!"

• Thumbs Up 8