Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

God, I'd hope not. Lucaario, Charizard, and Pit are really the only ones worth bringing back.

Hey wolf should be cominc back as well!

?

I got use out of Mewtwo's other B moves

I didn't. His down B never worked long enough for me to hit anyone after they were stunned and I still don't understand how the side B worked.

edit: and they both have shitty range too

• Thumbs Up 1

Down B is awesome because it actually makes you completely invinicible for a couple moments.

Timing is kind of hard still though.

Aww yea, Lucario's back! I liked playing him in Brawl and he had a really unique moveset. This also means his FS could be Mega Lucario! Much excite. Buuuuut...I do hope we get Mewtwo this time around cos he's popular, he is NOT a clone of Lucario and he has been reintroduced in X/Y with his own Mega forms.

I miss him. Please Sakurai. 8(

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining that Palutena wasn't the reveal.

Palutena gets leaked, he starts posting screenshots of goddess statues and shit, and then reveals fucking Lucario, one of people's least favorite characters from Brawl.

fucking gold.

• Thumbs Up 5

Palutena gets leaked, he starts posting screenshots of goddess statues and shit, and then reveals fucking Lucario, one of people's least favorite characters from Brawl.

Really? I always thought Lucario was popular with a small minority disliking him, especially in comparison to fucking Jigglypuff. >__>

I think people weren't expecting Palutena because there's no Nintendo Direct. They ain't gonna announce newcomers on random website updates.

Heck, even Mewtwo is probably more likely to get an ND reveal than a random site reveal.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sakurai hasn't and won't announce newcomers in his daily updates, so I wouldn't expect Palutena before a ND.

Lucario isn't a main of mine but I still enjoyed playing as him actually more than Mewtwo so I'm glad to see he's back. Like it's been said he's still a pretty pivotal character in X/Y but Lucario's appearance doesn't exactly dispel the idea that Mewtwo can't also appear since he was so heavily advertised and focused on during the development and marketing of X/Y. He'll probably be a secret/unlockable character anyway, so they wouldn't publicly reveal him, if it all.

You gotta love Sakurai, like Goomy-Returns says, its pure effin gold XD

I'm quite happy about it tho! I loved playing as him, although his gimmick made it suck for me when I was at 0% - 30% but glad to hear at least they encourage you to go hardcore with a great reward for doing it. Cause I felt the strength at 100% wasn't worth it, but now it seems he is a beast. I don't think this lessens Mewtwo's probability of appearing.

I'm gonna get shot for this, but I kind of wish they axed Jigglypuff,  I know she won't, but seriously we could get another awesome Pokémon rep,  she lost her relevance IMO, she's mostly famous in Japan, and the anime made her even more popular, but right now that's gone, even Snorlax is more relevant right now since he blocks the road in XY  :P

I'm glad to see Lucario back, given that he was my main main in Brawl.

...it is going to be hard going back to vanilla Lucario after using Brawl Minus' utterly brutal Lucario for so long, though.

Also why are people freaking over Sonic not being in a lot of pictures, they're not going to take him out.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really hope Jiggs doesn't return, she beings nothing worthwhile or beneficial to the roster and hasn't had any relevance for the past decade. The only justification she has for staying is "original 12 herp derp" and that annoys me because I know that in itself is enough justification for her to return.

Unless she is revamped completely (and honestly considering her total irrelevancy as a character they might as well make a new character if they went that far) I just don't see the point of her staying.

Oh and to address two points that will inevitably appear

1) I am more than aware of her effectiveness in Melee and even if she was made to be her Melee incarnation I'd still loathe her because her core design is terrible. Samus and Peach are examples of defensive characters done right. Jiggs is not.

2) My dislike has nothing to do with my ability with the character. There are plenty of characters I don't play at all and am terrible with (I can't use Peach and Zelda for the life of me for instance but was glad when they were revealed to be returning in Smash 4).

tl;dr Fuck Jigglypuff

• Thumbs Up 8

Yeahhhh it wouldn't bother me at all if Jigglypuff were not to return. I think the only reason why she was in the original Smash Bros in the first place is because of the anime. =/ Yes I know she's a veteran but come on, she's not relevant anymore.

Jigglypuff is one of the original characters she isn't going anywhere. I would love it if mewoth was a playable character just like how he originally was going to be but that's just me(cause he's still freaking relevant unlike puff) as I said I loved playing as lucario and hell he's one of my favorite pokemon my main grip with him was that he was freaking slow even though lucario is meant to be fast just look at the movie, the anime and hell there was a cutscense in subspace where he was faster than meta knight. I hope they work on that

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm worried it won't see post-release balance patches even in severe situations

This is kind of confirmed considering the Wii U supports updates. I can see SSB4 getting some updates post-release either way.

That feeling when you feel nothing towards a confirmed returning character that you used to play as. This has been happening a lot for this game.

Yeahhhh it wouldn't bother me at all if Jigglypuff were not to return. I think the only reason why she was in the original Smash Bros in the first place is because of the anime. =/ Yes I know she's a veteran but come on, she's not relevant anymore.

Her purpose was to be a joke character, she got in because she was popular...in Japan, she was popular because of the anime. The only thing she really has now is the remaining popularity...still in Japan and Veteran status.

I like how Jigglypuff plays...its good enough for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Jigglypuff and want her to stay, but I accept that some b- uh eautiful, f- uh un, a- uh mazing people don't want her.

I don't see the downside. Not like it'll be a lot of work or that she's getting in the way of others. If they really wanted a character in, they'd get them in.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Jigglypuff and want her to stay, but I accept that some b- uh eautiful, a- uh mazing, f- uh un people don't want her.

I don't see the downside. Not like it'll be a lot of work or that she's getting in the way of others. If they really wanted a character in, they'd get them in.

I think making Sing a "Tuant" instead of the "Up + B" and make the "Up + B" = an actual recovery would be a good fix.

As long as Sing still affects others, sure. It'd be really weird for them to get rid of her signature move.

That said, she can fly.

Yeah, I do love using Jigglypuff in Brawl, she was a aerial menance along with Metaknight, but personally I rather she not come back.

Their are much more better and popular pokes they can put in instead, man I forgotten Jigglypuff even existed in Pokemon till I saw them in the forest route in X/Y, not even the Fairy typing added much to it and it always seemed overshadowed by the superior Clefairy.

I'm not TOO upset about Lucario. I'd prefer Mewtwo, but then again I barely even used either characters. I do hope they improve Lucario though, because honestly, his controls always felt clunky to me. And I'm sure we can all agree on how slow he was in Brawl...

As for Jigglypuff, I never use her, so I don't really care if she comes back or not. Though I'd rather they free up her spot and add some more newcomers. I'm really curious to see who else they're adding. 

I hope that they reveal more newcomers soon :/