Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'm fine with all the Brawl veterans returning, assuming we get a sizeable amount of newcomers. We already have four newcomes, and there's a good chance of quite a few more before release.

My only condition with Brawl veterans is that they tweak those that need it. Giving Falco and Wolf a different Final Smash for example.

• Thumbs Up 1

If ROB's coming back, I want the guy to have a moveset based on all the Nintendo peripherals. He can keep his Gyro, but he would be hella fun to use if he could use a Zapper, Super Scope, a Rumble Pak, and the various Wii peripherals. And he can use a GCN Memory Card to save the power of a move, preventing the move from staling.

I love making movesets on the fly.

• Thumbs Up 4

Lucas was meant to replace Ness but because of Sanic they had time to stick him in at last minute too.

Personally I think Ness is a bit more likeable and Lucas can just go awaaay.

Do you have a source for this? Sonic was the last character added to the game, and the only one added in 2007. Not to mention, it's pretty debatable whether or not his inclusion was related to the game's delay at all. The US version was pushed back a few months, but the Japanese version only got delayed a week, which isn't really indicative of them spending extra time to work on one character.

Just thinking of how much fun I'm gonna have with the 3ds version. Smash was always console but now we can Smash on the go.

Same thing with the gamepad, we can go to a comfortable spot in your house (close to the Wii u) and play comfortably on the Wii u version.

So I think we got 16 characters left in brawl to be revealed

Dang were already pass half way of the list now.

It's very possible that Sonic had been programmed into Brawl a while back. Sonic coming out on top in that character poll was just a good stroke of fortune for the Brawl devs, as they now had a reason to go forward with keeping Sonic in.

It's very possible that Sonic had been programmed into Brawl a while back. Sonic coming out on top in that character poll was just a good stroke of fortune for the Brawl devs, as they now had a reason to go forward with keeping Sonic in.

Well Naka wanted him in during Melee, it was a safe bet he was going to be in Brawl.

Hopefully we get a decent amount of sonic content in this game.

I guess him being late was the reason. He came in the last scene of sub space

I don't think Sonic was ever planned for Melee, but some people expressed interest in him appearing. Sonic was the last character added to Brawl, and based on his moveset he did essentially seem a bit Sonic Rushed. :P

He needs to have a tad bit more power to knock people out of the field. His speed is his main advantage of course. He also should have one of his spin dashes replaced. I think Down Special should be replaced; Side Special should work the same in the air but on the ground he can charge his spin as well.

I don't think Sonic was ever planned for Melee, but some people expressed interest in him appearing. Sonic was the last character added to Brawl, and based on his moveset he did essentially seem a bit Sonic Rushed. tongue.png

He needs to have a tad bit more power to knock people out of the field. His speed is his main advantage of course. He also should have one of his spin dashes replaced. I think Down Special should be replaced; Side Special should work the same in the air but on the ground he can charge his spin as well.

"However when Yuji Naka was asked if Sonic had appeared in Melee in an interview with Edge Magazine, he stated that 'It was very close, but time constraints did not allow us to continue with the idea.'."

Source

Ah yes, time contraints are always a problem for some characters, reason why Mewtwo wasn't back I believe, even through they should've prioritized Mewtwo more over some other characters.

Lucas was never going to replace Ness in Brawl. There were plans for "the MOTHER 3 guy" to replace him in Melee but that was ruled out fairly early

Ha. Reminds me of the Sonic and Tails rumour. I actually believed that. 

The rumor I saw was "get 20 kills in cruel melee"........being a 12 year old sucked when I read that.

• Thumbs Up 1

K, time for more comparisons!

1508522_608896082497162_461876777_n.jpg

- The obvious visual difference is the aura. It's no longer concentrated, at least when forming the Aura Sphere. It splays off all over the place, giving it a more erratic, wavy look.

- Lucario's snout has been shortened.

- The whites of Lucario's eyes seem to take up the greater amount of space than the pupils do now.

- Deeper shade of blue. Colors no longer look washed out, thanks to Smash 4's more stylistic look.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't see what is the whole thing about "This is Brawl 2",  you never called Brawl "Melee 2" since Peach, Bowser, Marth were returning. Besides, I think there's some good changes in store for us, It's just that Sakurai is not spilling everything like he did with Brawl, besides we got some ones confirmed (ledge grab affected by falling height).  

So seriously, I think the "Brawl 2" thing is just completely ridiculous (no offense).

• Thumbs Up 6

The reason no one called Brawl "Melee 2.0" is because the differences in both the engine and look of the game were drastic. The Brawl models are much larger (play on Corneria in Melee and then go to the same stage in Brawl), the game is much slower, more floaty and has far less hit-stun. This is ignoring the removal of things such as wave dashing and L-cancelling as well.

Smash Wii U / 3DS has obvious visual differences, but.. most of the differences are from the generational gap rather than a stylistic change. All of the returning characters with the exception of Bowser and Zelda don't look like they have had considerable changes in how they play either.

It doesn't help that the roster is also largely the same. We have 22 playable characters confirmed and only four of them are brand new. There just isn't really anything making the game feel new other than the new characters and there aren't that many to speak of.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think Sonic was ever planned for Melee, but some people expressed interest in him appearing. Sonic was the last character added to Brawl, and based on his moveset he did essentially seem a bit Sonic Rushed. tongue.png

I'm the opposite. I'd want to keep the down special as the spindash. I mean, holding down and pressing a button is far too natural for Sonic's classic moveset. If anything, change the side special to something similar to a boost or something like Fox's side dash.

I'm the opposite. I'd want to keep the down special as the spindash. I mean, holding down and pressing a button is far too natural for Sonic's classic moveset. If anything, change the side special to something similar to a boost or something like Fox's side dash.

Boost wouldn't work, it'd be more Jump Dash than anything. One thing I'm thinking is that perhaps his base spindash, charged up, can act as a good smash attack... and he can't spin back and forth like Yoshi's egg roll attack.

I don't see what is the whole thing about "This is Brawl 2",  you never called Brawl "Melee 2" since Peach, Bowser, Marth were returning. Besides, I think there's some good changes in store for us, It's just that Sakurai is not spilling everything like he did with Brawl, besides we got some ones confirmed (ledge grab affected by falling height).  

So seriously, I think the "Brawl 2" thing is just completely ridiculous (no offense).

The "Brawl 2" assertion makes perfect sense considering what we know so far about the game and from what we've seen (or more notably, what we don't know).  Nobody calls Brawl "Melee 2" because we know everything about both games.  Heck even during the Brawl hype cycle now we knew a lot more about Brawl than we did about Melee.  However, the information revealed so far justifies this assertion.

We take a look at characters such as Sonic, Lucario, Toon Link, Olimar and others i.e. characters that could have very easily received moveset and animation changes through the transition to Smash 4, and the impression of them is that they're the basically same.  They may not be for all we know, but they give the impression they are from what we've seen.  This was not so much the case with Brawl because they highlighted a lot about the characters from the get go.  A general description of their playstyle, showing off and describing some of their moves, highlighting a couple of specials and more all on one page.  Additionally, and this is very notable and important, animations in a lot of instances are direct rips from Brawl as opposed to being remade and rebuilt from the ground up (as they were in Melee and Brawl).   

The other major thing is that we STILL know very little about the game mechanically.  We got that one piece of info on ledges (which was a really great piece of info), and the removal but that's basically it.  We knew a lot about Brawl's mechanics by this stage as we had seen more videos and they gave more information on them more often.  As a result we're forced to judge the little gameplay we have, which makes the game look very much like Brawl.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well he kept bringing up about all these pics may not be final even to a specific character which was peach. He made it seem like the profile will be updated

I hope the whole "customizable moves" thing brings something new to this, honestly it would be nice if you could really change up the movesets of the characters to your liking.

Remember that Sakurai said he didn't want to make a new game if it was just a roster update of what's already been made. He's not a fan of sequels to begin with.

There's probably gonna be some pretty neat features we haven't seen yet if Sakurai is a man of his word.. and he typically goes above and beyond with game development.

• Thumbs Up 4

Honestly, after playing Super Smash Flash 2 a lot, and making Sonic one of my mains, I would love if they did something similar with his side attack. Sort of like a charge dash attack thing. But Since we've already(I think) seen both of his side moves, I doubt that.

Sonic's probably getting visually fixed up, which is why we haven't seen him. Because I mean..

screen-4.jpg

luigismash6.jpg

tumblr_inline_movly34lu01qz4rgp.jpg

It looks like characters are gonna be really expressive in this game, while Sonic from the last we checked..

daily.jpgsonic-smash-03.jpg

gaming-super-smash-bros-sonic-the-hedgeh

95509_081.jpg

Kiiiinda had the same exact face in every shot that he wasn't doing his normal smile. And then also take in mind how he moves exactly how he did in Brawl, so there's that too.

So I'd imagine the reason he may not be shown for now is because they might be shaping up his facial expressions and movement? After all, they might've rushed his reveal for the sake of pairing up with the launch of Sonic Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 1